Official Warriors Offseason Thread --> PLEASE LOCK.

Anyone got any hooks on stores that sell clothes dryers? Mine just crapped out.
smh.gif

Anyone got any hooks on combine harvester dealerships? I'm thinking about getting one.

They are not playoff competitors? do not see them on this nba site schedule? not cool.

Question for the computer savvy regulars...

I have an HP laptop running on XP and I want to run my recovery disc on it and start from scratch. I pretty much moved everything from that laptop to either my external HD or my Sony laptop. Problem is that I lost the recovery discs from when I first made them. Will I encounter any problems if I make another set of recovery discs this late into owning it? I believe my HP has some sort of spyware or whatever on it.

HP is horrible.

Sometimes, i automatically get disconnected when im at home through my wireless card. Theres other times when i have to do a "battery pull" (like crackberries) before my laptop turns on.Keep in mind this was only one month into my purchase....

probably not, if i recall the HP backup/recovery is on a separate partition so you should be okay.

The Warriors' Future: Player by Player

General manager Larry Riley believes he has carte blanche to improve the Warriors, despite a questionable timeline regarding the team's sale.

Little else about the offseason is that clear.

In what could prove to be the organization's most important period of wheeling and dealing in decades, Riley uncharacteristically talked in circles.

"I won't tell you that we're going to make a huge splash, but I will tell you that we're going to do everything we can to improve the team," Riley said at his year-end media address.

Minutes later, he bobbed from "I think we need at least a little change, and if it evolved into a dramatic change, that would be fine" to "I didn't see a massive change last summer, but I'm in a little different position this year. I wouldn't rule out some kind of change, and I wouldn't rule out a big change."

Here's a player-by-player look at why the usually straight shooter couldn't quite do what comes naturally:
[h3]F Kelenna Azubuike[/h3]
Present: Fourth year, player option for 2010-11

Past: Appeared ready for another breakout season when his knee imploded in November's season-defining loss at Milwaukee.

Future: Could be the greatest player ever to come out of the D-League or another victim of a patellar injury who never regains form.
[h3]G/F Raja Bell[/h3]
Present: 10th year, waived in March

Past: Said and did all of the right things, so much that the Warriors want him back.

Future: Will spend the next two months evaluating which playoff-losing team he can help get over the hump next season.
[h3]C Andris Biedrins[/h3]
Present: Sixth year, signed through 2013-14

Past: Was never healthy in a season he'd like to forget for more than just his 16-percent free-throw shooting.

Future: Second or third on opponents' wish list in trade conversations. The Warriors have to listen.
[h3]G Stephen Curry[/h3]
Present: Rookie, signed through 2010-11, team options through 2012-13

Past: Performed in a way that convinced some that he is the rookie of the year and more that he will end up being the best player from the class.

Future: The future of the franchise, and he may have already passed Monta Ellis as the face of the franchise.
[h3]G Monta Ellis[/h3]
Present: Fifth year, signed through 2013-14

Past: Proved to be one of the league's top six scorers and one of its most dynamic players.

Future: The most valuable trade asset on the roster, and he could be expendable if it helps the Warriors get bigger or find a way out of their salary-cap quagmire.
[h3]F Devean George[/h3]
Present: 11th year, unrestricted free agent

Past: Was prepared to be a leader in the locker room and a fill-in on the court.

Future: A three-time champion who knows No. 4 isn't coming anytime soon in Golden State.
[h3]C Chris Hunter[/h3]
Present: Rookie, unrestricted free agent

Past: Displayed size and skill when he wasn't limping on creaky knees and shins.

Future: Probably did enough to be a third center in the league next season.
[h3]F Corey Maggette[/h3]
Present: 11th year, signed through 2012-13

Past: Had one of the most efficient and durable campaigns of his career.

Future: A scoring genius who doesn't fit in with what the Warriors need or their salary-cap issues.
[h3]G Anthony Morrow[/h3]
Present: Second year, restricted free agent

Past: Added the dribble-drive to his elite shooting, but still didn't defend.

Future: A fourth guard - a fifth if the Warriors are serious about re-signing Bell - but his work ethic and commitment to the organization make it difficult to part with him.
[h3]F Vladimir Radmanovic[/h3]
Present: Ninth year, player option for 2010-11

Past: Had his performance deemed "disgraceful" while turning out little with an Achilles injury.

Future: Could find value in dealing his nearly $6.9 million expiring contract, if the market is better.
[h3]F Anthony Randolph[/h3]
Present: Second year, team option through 2012-13

Past: Followed a national-attention-grabbing Las Vegas League with high ups and downs.

Future: Too talented and passionate not to prosper somewhere. Will it be here?
[h3]F Anthony Tolliver[/h3]
Present: Second year, unrestricted free agent

Past: Flourished in small ball while maintaining his D-League hunger to do the little things.

Future: Warriors want to ink him quickly, but 29 other teams have 46 games worth of video on him, too.
[h3]C Ronny Turiaf[/h3]
Present: Fifth year, signed through 2011-12

Past: Produced in locker room and on the court despite a season marred by ankle and knee injuries and illness.

Future: An inexpensive, infectious backup center who is good on a bad team and would be great on a good team.
[h3]G C.J. Watson[/h3]
Present: Third year, restricted free agent

Past: Continued to develop into one of the league's most capable backup point guards, except he doesn't want to be a backup.

Future: Warriors shouldn't be able to lose, keeping him or shipping him in a sign-and-trade deal.
[h3]G/F Reggie Williams[/h3]
Present: Rookie, signed through 2010-11

Past: Watched 15 D-Leaguers get the call before his chance came to prove he was more than a scorer.

Future: A keeper that has Azubuike and Morrow wondering about their futures with the organization.
[h3]F Brandan Wright[/h3]
Present: Third year, signed through 2010-11

Past: Hurt during an impressive training camp and has played 77 games in three seasons.

Future: A mystery on the court. The player who consistently dominated camp scrimmages or the player who is consistently a natty dresser on the injured list?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi...010/04/18/SPA91CVSCK.DTL

who here runs that fans vs cohan site?? i had to pay a dollar today for postage for those business cards
laugh.gif

all good in my hood..

[h1]Tip-off time for Warriors bidding frenzy[/h1]

Phillip Matier,Andrew Ross

With a dozen bidders - including billionaire Larry Ellison - signaling interest in the Golden State Warriors, the team could fetch owner Chris Cohan more than $400 million, according to those close to the sale negotiations.

In addition to the Man from Oracle, Mark Mastrov,founder of 24 Hour Fitness, based in San Ramon, has also expressedinterest. Mastrov tells us he might eventually even bring some of hissports pals like Lance Armstrong, Shaquille O'Neal and Magic Johnson into the deal.

A group of Silicon Valley investors that includes Riverwood Capital executive Michael Marks and Silver Lake equity co-founder Jim Davidson -which bought a 20 percent stake in the Warriors when Cohan ran into taxtroubles - is expected to be in the hunt as well. Neither Marks norDavidson returned our calls seeking comment.

Another basketball-loving Silicon Valley exec, who asked that wenot publish his name, has also been privately mentioned as a possiblesuitor.

The exec said he doubts the Warriors are worth more than the $315million listed by Forbes magazine in December, but acknowledged thatthings "could get crazy if they do an auction process," as expected.

Most experts tells us the Bay Area is among the top four NBA markets- along with New York, Chicago and L.A. - and the Warriors are a provendraw even when the team plays poorly.

Whatever the sale price, the clock is ticking on Cohan. In additionto his past tax troubles from the sale of his cable business, sourcestell us, he's facing a 5 percent increase in the capital gains tax nextyear on any sale of the team, and an 8.8 percent increase the followingyear.

The big question is, will Ellison bite? While he does play a bit ofbasketball aboard his yacht, he rarely attends Warriors games, and willprobably resist being pushed into a bidding war.

The Warriors are expected to open their books to the suitors within the next few days - so let the game begin.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/04/21/BASA1D1LAI.DTL#ixzz0lqe1jSPM

Back
Top Bottom