OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

few more traders

@markflowchatter (great for breaking news that actually moves stocks)
@lx21
@elkwood66
@blinkx90
@crawfish_poboy
@TraderPlanet (lots of good info on their website)
@offshorehunters (posts good swing trade setups and owns VXX/UVXY when market is down)

Investing noob here. I'm looking to invest more than my 401k through work which I max out every year. What would be a good place to start doing research? I'm thinking I should get into a retirement 2050 fund or something with decent risk and reward ratio. Not looking to get rich overnight but I want that steady compounding growth going on. I already have a TDA account also so anything I can get through there is a plus. Thanks!

These are my picks.. for investing..

$NKE $SHW $EBAY $SBUX $DPZ

thoughts?

Never really followed DPZ for some reason. I'm aware of the stock performance, but I live in a major city, so I don't consider ordering from national chains ever when it comes to pizza.

I like NKE, EBAY, and SBUX, though I think the valuations for NKE and SBUX are getting a little rich. Still, both are great American growth stories that should continue for years to come.

SHW is a cyclical name, and I think it's even lagging the SPY a little bit this year. I'm not crazy about holding a company like this long-term, but paint is not my expertise.

Looks like a buy-what-you-know strategy, and I like it. No reason to jump into sectors you don't know just for "exposure" aka non-sense spewed by "experts" to make them look like they are adding value.

Do you guys think now is a good entry point on $ONVO? Gonna be a longer term hold for me so I guess it doesn't matter as much but still don't wanna jump in too high :nerd:

Last edited:
Crazy sell-off.

Earnings for this week grabbed from FW:

untitled-21.png

Waiting for the dagger to JCP :nerd:

Last edited:
Getting ugly out there for FNMA

Took a loss of the 3.24-3.25 shares. Overall nice winning trade. I was starring at it in the 3.40s and it seemed like it hit a wall near 3.50. In hindsight I should've trusted my instincts and took it off for a small gain. They are really running this like a promotion

Edit:

Still like a long if the stock can hold 2.68-2.70 area

TSLA is a long over 124 tomorrow imo. Might get a relief bounce

Last edited:
Yeah I don't know what to make of bitcoin. I'd like to get in sometime but not after this past week. Went from 300-900 in about a week. That's crazy. If the dollar tripled like that in a week that would be insane. Not good

Anyone buy/buying Twitter? its an incredible news source and I think they'll figure out how to capitalize financially soon enough. I want to buy and hold, what do you guys think?

Do you guys think now is a good entry point on $ONVO? Gonna be a longer term hold for me so I guess it doesn't matter as much but still don't wanna jump in too high :nerd:

imo, its overbought but the ride there was :smokin

:smh: damb missed out :lol: I'm gonna keep an eye out for a drop though or a large sell off....

On the bitcoin front, I actually have very little idea of how it works but I've read some articles saying its muuuuch more transparent and simpler to follow compared to how the treasury handles our currency its just that it is pretty new and unfamiliar to many, but yeah I'm staying away from that :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom