OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Saw someone say once parents and grandparents got on Facebook that was the beginning of the end of teen usage.

If you're 17 you do not want to have your mom seeing what you post online, at least I wouldn't lol

Just said this prty much word for word to someone the other day

The "fun" of Facebook has gone down hill significantly since they let people other than students join. Back in 2007 (not even THAT long ago) it was a wild west and people posted whatever the heck they wanted.

I don't "love" Facebook like I did back then, but today's iteration is ok.

FB changed fundamentally when it acquired Instagram and put up those new type of ads. NFLX of 2014.

This is coming from someone who called the FB IPO a "pyramid scheme" a little over a year ago. At the time. the risk-reward just wasn't favorable. But now, the tables have turned.

Last edited:
Yea I do agree the tables have turned. Bullish chart. I think FB can at least double by end of 2014. Ride the trend wave and buy the dip

Facebook just doesn't have the cool factor it once did. Personally I don't like it as a social network, but I'm not going to let that cloud my analysis.

Deleted my account few years ago and haven't look back. My reasoning was so I could spend my time more wisely. One of my major life rules.. Invest time. Don't waste it

^^ Agreed Facebook was popular with kids my age back when we were in HS and early college (07-10 maybe)...now most of my friends have accts still, including me, but don't really use it..EVERYONE is on twitter though currently. Still won't stop me from investing in it bc monetizing instagram is going to be huge for them, as that is really poppin right now.

^^ Agreed Facebook was popular with kids my age back when we were in HS and early college (07-10 maybe)...now most of my friends have accts still, including me, but don't really use it..EVERYONE is on twitter though currently. Still won't stop me from investing in it bc monetizing instagram is going to be huge for them, as that is really poppin right now.

yep once they monetize instagram through ads, revenues will surge. instagram is the new facebook. vine is no competition.

Market makers are playing cat and mouse. I would just buy and hold rather than try to day trade FB. It will likely run when it's least expected.

Prob shoot up on Monday after options expire
laugh.gif

I'd buy FB for Instagram.

Made some nice money past two days day trading 3d systems. Looking to get back in Monday.

I have a small long position AKS over the weekend. Possible gapper Monday

CSUN with the head fake breakout today. If this goes it will be good. I will continue to keep on watch

Thinking about putting a stop in on my FNMA 1.60 shares just below 2. The chart still looks bullish to me but I want to protect profits and ride the uptrend

Question for all the stock market heads in here, I want to start investing but how would I get started on it?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Question for all the stock market heads in here, I want to start investing but how would I get started on it?

Follow this thread for one
It's not really gana make sense at first.. But after a while you'll get the hang of it..

There are websites likes Forbes that post articles that are good to read.

If you don't understand certain terms.. Just google them.

Also would be good to start following some companies and watch their charts to see how things work

Learn first. Follow the markets, learn about valuing companies, create practice stock portfolios online. Watch Bloomberg instead of CNBC. You must understand the Federal Reserve.

I repeat, you absolutely must understand the Federal Reserve.

@WallStJesus: Sharps make 17M bet on $QCOM breakout! #Options http://t.co/zp5l2s2lLy

Thinking about playing QCOM then selling right before earnings.....

Get a virtual account and play it as if it was real money. It will never duplicate the emotions of the real thing, but it'll at least get your started.

Investopedia will be your friend to set a foundation. Stockcharts.com's academy was recommended here for learning the basic and more advanced chart trends.

MONDAY

before

K - Kellogg
OPK - Opko Health
SRPT - Sarepta Therapeutics
TESO - TESCO Corp

after

APC - Anadarko Petroleum
GIMO - Gigamon
MAKO - MAKO Surgical
MRO - Marathon Oil
ODP - Office Depot