OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Quick question on getting in on the IPO of a company

How impossible is it? How exactly does it work? The underwriter of the company will only let you invest if you have a lot of $? Anyone in this tthread executed on buying shares at the IPO price? I have looked up some iinformation about it, but wanted to find out more in here.

I'm asking because of Twitter. I initially wanted to get in on VEEV's IPO of $20, but it was a few days before the company went public so I felt that was a little too short notice. They ended up blasting up 80% afterwards. :lol:

Quick question on getting in on the IPO of a company

How impossible is it? How exactly does it work? The underwriter of the company will only let you invest if you have a lot of $? Anyone in this tthread executed on buying shares at the IPO price? I have looked up some iinformation about it, but wanted to find out more in here.

I'm asking because of Twitter. I initially wanted to get in on VEEV's IPO of $20, but it was a few days before the company went public so I felt that was a little too short notice. They ended up blasting up 80% afterwards. :lol:

I would guess you are too late for TWTR also. Call your broker and see if they have/had IPO shares allocated for their clients. They will be able to tell you more about how it works for your specific situation

Muddy Waters report crushed NQ sheesh

So happy I sold my position $24, was invested heavily too

Down 47%, unreal

I've always had a bias against Chinese companies. This is one of the reasons.

^ Meh, after that earnings report with record profits and raising guidance I ain't got no worries. But that movement really makes no sense to me: strong profits, large sale numbers, etc.

That's the thing. Really good news, yet only +1.4% for the day.

What brokerage firm are you guys using that allows you to short stocks online? Optionshouse is making me call in to get it done :smh:

I'm using SureTrader and Think or Swim

NBG still in an uptrend, not sure where it ends up but the trend is bullish right now

and here we go...

"Under the terms of the agreement, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. will pay approximately $2.74 billion to Freddie Mac and $1.26 billion to Fannie Mae to resolve certain claims related to securities sold to the companies between 2005 and 2007 by J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., Bear Stearns & Co., Inc. and Washington Mutual."

"In separate settlements, (...) Under the terms of the agreements, J.P. Morgan Chase Bank N.A. will pay a total of approximately $1.1 billion -- $670 million to Fannie Mae and $480 million to Freddie Mac."

http://www.businessinsider.com/jpmorgan-reaches-fhfa-settlement-2013-10

May be a little more fuel for the fire :smokin

Last edited:
Did anyone invest into VEEV? :smokin

Just curious because I've been studying for the last 6 months on a practice site and I've been doing well. Finally have a good amount saved and I will be making plans to invest soon via scottrade.

Last edited:
Been hearing good things about VEEV. Just be patient with your entries. I took a quick look at the chart and it looks like whole numbers (41, 40) are acting as support so but the dip as long as support holds. 43 looks like the nearest resistance level fwiw

Big week in earnings this week. Who's playing?

Notable Earnings Reports this Week

Monday, October 28

Apple ($AAPL)
Herbalife ($HLF)
Merck ($MRK)

Tuesday, October 29

Baidu ($BIDU)
LinkedIn ($LNKD)
Buffalo Wild Wings ($BWLD)
3D Systems ($DDD)
Yelp ($YELP)

Wednesday, October 30

Facebook ($FB)
Starbucks ($SBUX)
Visa ($V)
SodaStream ($SODA)

Thursday, October 31

Mastercard ($MA)
First Solar ($FSLR)
AIG ($AIG)
Exxon-Mobil ($XOM)
MGM Resorts ($MGM)

Friday, November 1

Chevron ($CVX)
CBOE ($CBOE)

Did anyone invest into VEEV? :smokin

Just curious because I've been studying for the last 6 months on a practice site and I've been doing well. Finally have a good amount saved and I will be making plans to invest soon via scottrade.

I did. I bought at $37 and sold at $47. The company has solid earnings though.

I'm keeping an eye out on FB. May re-invest in TSLA at 162

Back
Top Bottom