:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by freshdunks44

so rit liquid is my best bet? good lookin out....

just curious...why did you warn against oxy clean or bleach pen? reason...
the reason i warn you about using these is the fact they are more harsh of a cleaner compared to rit. start off with the mildest form first. if itdoesn't work, then move up to the next one, which would be oxy clean. i don't remember recommend the oxy clean, but you could use it for this job. ifthese don't work, then your last alternative would be barkeeper's friend and then the bleach pen.

Originally Posted by air max 87

Quick question, is it safe to throw SBs in the washing machine? specificly Heiniken SBs, ive done with with my HOA AM1s and Mili 4s, im thinkin its the same nubuck/suede, ima use oxy clean on it...? any advice...

Pimp you think you can voice your opinion, you seem to be the main dude here and i appreciate your help, the suede is dirty, bottoms pretty dirty, some stainson the toungue....etc....

^ from what other people have said about washing sb's, they haven't had any problems using the washing machine method. my only concern with your pairis the suede/nubuck will get ruined even if you did throw them into a pillow case to protect them. post me some pics either on here or pm me with them. if ican see them in the pics i can get a better idea to suggest what methods of cleaning will be safe for your pair. i don't want to give out the wrond adviceand ruin your kicks. but for basic cleaning, get a suede/nubuck cleaner spray if it's darker color suede/nubuck or get the suede/nubuck foam if you havethat. i prefer the foam for lighter colors, spray for darker colors. for the bottoms, either shoe cleaner with the brush app or use mr clean magic eraser ifthe shoe cleaner doesn't remove all of it. but definately get me some pics so i can tell you any more help if needed.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
im not lookin for a mircale here or NDS/VNDS, just something thats gonna look pretty good and wearable, bear with the pics please
laugh.gif
thanks inadvance

290rn6p.jpg

21r7ms.jpg

11rsl51.jpg

hv42mb.jpg

168trw8.jpg

2e3snxl.jpg

33c3ayo.jpg

^pretty much what i said in the post above this. for the tongue you might consider using either rit or barkeeper's friend. same mesh material as otherjordan xi's so i think this will get the tongue looking white again. just depends on which one you prefer to use, but you might want to try rit whitenerfirst just because the tongue isn't too bad looking, just needs to be refreashed so to speak. use the suede/nubuck spray cleaner just because this pair hasa darker cooler suede and it will make it look a lot better versus using the foam. just to be safe you might want to consider buying a suede/nubuck eraser kit.if the stains don't come out with the spray, use the eraser and it should come out with it. the suede/nubuck spray, eraser, and shoe cleaner can be foundat footlocker, champs, finish line, etc. for the rit, mr clean magic eraser and bkf, target or wal-mart can be found there. all of this should get your pairlooking great again for the summer.

No pics at the moment, but how do you remove scratches on the midsole chassis/ the black midsole glassy part of tfhe white/black/varsity red XX3s? (MJstitching in red and black)

Thank you sir for all the advice, what's this "rit" you speak of? also to clean the leather what do you suggest? And for cleanin the over allshoe the washin machine isn't located?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

^rit is the other method of cleaner some people use instead of barkeeper's friend. it's also located around the laundry area at wal-mart, target, etc.it comes in a small bottle and is labeled as "rit whitener". this stuff runs about $2 to $3. as far as the leather, basic shoe cleaner with anapplicator tip that can be bought at footlocker. if you really don't want to buy this you can just get regular laundry soap and a towel or rag to apply. asfar as the washing machine, i wouldn't do it just because of all the different materials on your pair of shoes i.e. suede, mesh, leather.
^^ for those scratches on your midsoles the only thing i can think of is either a very fine sandpaper to remove the gouges. other than that i can't thinkof anything else. this area is just like when people ask "how do remove scratches on the patent leather on my xi's?" not really a sure method andsometimes you just have to live with it. you might end up doing more harm than good to the shoes. so you really have to decide if you can live with the damageor risk more damage trying to remove it.

Pimp thank you for all your help, if you ever need anythin shoot me a PM and if itsin my power you got it.

Originally Posted by DisoBAYish

NEED HELP!!! What can I use to condition my army V's?!?
are we talking about restoration or just basic cleaning of them? pics definately would help here so i can get an idea of what condition your shoesare in. can't really give you the correct advice without it. but basic help would be using a suede/nubuck foam or spray for restoring and cleaning,suede/nubuck eraser for any marks not removed by the foam or spray. that's all i can give you unless you provide some pics.

Sorry for little info. My Army V's look like they are fading. When I first had copped dem the paper in the box that the shoes were wrapped in had oil typestains on dem so I'm wondering if a particular kind of shoe oil if there is even such one needs to be used.

Sorry for little info. My Army V's look like they are fading. When I first had copped dem the paper in the box that the shoes were wrapped in had oil typestains on dem so I'm wondering if a particular kind of shoe oil if there is even such one needs to be used.

silica packs take the water out of the air. if you keep your 5,6,11s in a dark spot with silica it will not stop the yellowing, just make it slower.

plastic bags, the leather needs to breath. ome use this and it works for them, i dont use this method.

i just use the silica packs and they do a good job for me.

hey guys, i've got a pair of true blue 3s that as yellowed a bit. what i wanna know is is there another way to get rid of the yellow without repainting it?and if i do have to repaint it do i absolutely have to prep them? thanks in advance

3a516c2a7d1ee54a524b8cf0de3e78f8f13bb60a.jpg

sorry i don't have a pic but i will try describe at my best. i have a pair of '94 white/cement iii's. the midsoles are fine, they have no cracksand are still pretty soft. however, on the heel of the left shoe, right by the beginning of the nike swoosh, there is a little crack. this crack is reallysmall, took me a while to notice it. i'm 6' 185lbs, not that big a guy. but i am worried about wearing them now cuz i'm scared they will crumble, iknow that the back heels of these shoes tend to crack pretty easily. what do yall think if i just wear them casually do you think they will crumble under myfeet?

Originally Posted by STARZ

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

silica packs take the water out of the air. if you keep your 5,6,11s in a dark spot with silica it will not stop the yellowing, just make it slower.

plastic bags, the leather needs to breath. ome use this and it works for them, i dont use this method.

i just use the silica packs and they do a good job for me
so if i was to, place them in the plastic bag would it somehow be bad for the shoes? thanks
imo plastic bags are bad for the shoes. i mean, yeah, the shoes looks great because nothing is getting to the shoes as far as making it yellow,fade, etc. but at the same time your slowly drying out the foam, leather, and glue on them. so in essence your just turning the shoes into something thatwon't be wearable in the future. this storage method is very bad for jordan's iii to x because of the foam used to make these models. you can use thismethod for jordan's xi to present, but once again the glue will dry out. just look at some other posts in the jordan thread on how some people's shoeshave come undone where it's glued at. i bet you that the reasons for this is bad storage techniques and using plastic bags to store the shoes in. youdon't have to listen to me about this, but if you want to store the shoes for a while and decide to wear them a couple of years down the road, your chancesof having something bad happend to your shoes will decrease if you don't do the plastic bag thing.

Originally Posted by DisoBAYish

Sorry for little info. My Army V's look like they are fading. When I first had copped dem the paper in the box that the shoes were wrapped in had oil type stains on dem so I'm wondering if a particular kind of shoe oil if there is even such one needs to be used.

if the shoes are fading, the best thing to try to do is using a mixture of baby oil and water to try to refresh the suede again. this should work. if youdon't trust yourself, you can always take them to a shoe shop and have them redo this or if the shoes need to be re-dyed to take out the fading.

Originally Posted by mattg

sorry i don't have a pic but i will try describe at my best. i have a pair of '94 white/cement iii's. the midsoles are fine, they have no cracks and are still pretty soft. however, on the heel of the left shoe, right by the beginning of the nike swoosh, there is a little crack. this crack is really small, took me a while to notice it. i'm 6' 185lbs, not that big a guy. but i am worried about wearing them now cuz i'm scared they will crumble, i know that the back heels of these shoes tend to crack pretty easily. what do yall think if i just wear them casually do you think they will crumble under my feet?
it will take a long time for the shoe to crumble. it's only a small crack right now. after continous wear and time will speed up the processfrom cracking to crumbling. i too have a pair of white/cement iii's from '94. they have cracked and starting to crumble. each time i wear them a littlebit of foam tends to come off. i don't care because i'm still gonna wear them until they're broke and then i'll do a sole swap on them. youstill have a good amount of time before the shoes become unwearable imo. just enjoy wearing a pair that still have "nike air" on the back, the waythey were meant to look if you know what i mean.
-enigma586, when you're talking about the yellowing, are you just talking about the white midsoles or the back tab? for the midsoles, you would have toprep the area. it's best to remove the paint with acetone and then repaint. the acetone will act as the primer for the paint to stick in place. you havethe option to put a finish coat or gloss on after the paint dries. it's your choice. as far as the back tab, your yellowing isn't too bad. you mightwant to try mr clean magic eraser to see if it helps remove some of it. if not, the only other thing to remove yellowing of the back tab is to repaint. angeluspaint is what you need for both of these jobs. and you might want to try the magic eraser on the white midsole also for removing the yellow first before you dothe repaint.

I was playin bball in my CDP XIIs nd I scuffed the black part It seems to be just the paint that came off, what can i use to fix it??

Originally Posted by courtking01

I was playin bball in my CDP XIIs nd I scuffed the black part It seems to be just the paint that came off, what can i use to fix it
paint
grin.gif

What stores in New york city sell Barkeepers friend? or whats a good site i could order it from? need it for my concords

Thanks for the help I am going to try and recondition them with baby oil and water as you had recomended (mixture???). Thank you once again for your help.

pimpjobu thanks a lot. i tried the magic easer it didn't really work so im gonna order some paint and repaint a shoe for the first time.

Back
Top Bottom