:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Just picked these up....I REALLY NEED SOME HELP HERE GUYS!!!

THESE ARE ONE OF MY GRAILS AND I KNOW THEY ARE DIRTY BUT HOW CAN I GET THE YELLOWING OUT OF THE TOES..LIKE THE HARD RUBBER THAT REGULAR CLEANING DOES NOTHINGFOR.

Let me know...thanks so much

^you probably need to repaint them with angelus paint. I only heard sanding the yellow away, but i would repaint them.

Originally Posted by TalkOfNy

What stores in New york city sell Barkeepers friend? or whats a good site i could order it from? need it for my concords

I think you can find it at your local hardware store, or you can google it and order it that way. Google is your friend.

Originally Posted by courtking01

^Angelus paint right?? Shuld I just get black or are there other colors I need??

yes angelus paint......... black should be fine.......... bring the shoe to the store youre gonna buy the paint from to make sure youre getting the right shadeof black.

Originally Posted by 10Sakuragi

is there any way to fix tha scratches on AJ 5's stealths on tha toe part.. cuz i was walkin up stairs and i accidentaly hit tha rough stairway =[

Mayne I had dat happen to me I used dis product from home depot or lowes call GOJO...its an orange hand sanitizer bottle dat thing can rid of a lot of stuff

i have never done it myself, but i would get a small paint brush and put a light coat on the buttom to see what it looks like and go from there.

I need help with my cherrywood 16s well I just bought them and when I got them the middle soft part that attaches both sides of the strap; well the paint ispeeling I need help how to fix this when I tried to re paint it grey it just peeled off again

Where can I get some angelus paint for some midnight navy VI's. I need it for the blue part. I want an exact color though, any help would be appreciated.

how can i celan this?

thanks!!

b3b267f41c54df291145d7866a7e3a05cebbe43c.jpg

bfe16b4854f4145f8fb75fde73f80db5a75103a6.jpg

same problem with my XX3s, except way smaller, lol

i dont no hw you can clean this, you can try using VERY fine sand paper, but if you mess the shoes up i warned you.....personally i wouldnt try it.

Originally Posted by babycross2011

I need help with my cherrywood 16s well I just bought them and when I got them the middle soft part that attaches both sides of the strap; well the paint is peeling I need help how to fix this when I tried to re paint it grey it just peeled off again
get acetone and remove the paint, there is youtube vids to help you, then re paint with grey angelus paint. if your doing this then idk what tosay.

Originally Posted by sheistbugz

Where can I get some angelus paint for some midnight navy VI's. I need it for the blue part. I want an exact color though, any help would be appreciated.

google angelus paint, then pick the color you need. you should be able to tell which color you need.

^i would also bring the shoe to the store to match what paint color you need exactly, the workers should help you out.

Originally Posted by babycross2011

I need help with my cherrywood 16s well I just bought them and when I got them the middle soft part that attaches both sides of the strap; well the paint is peeling I need help how to fix this when I tried to re paint it grey it just peeled off again

Heres pics its just this one strap the light parts are from where i painted it doesnt look that off in person thought. Someone help asap thanks

Originally Posted by markec33

how can i celan this?

thanks!!

b3b267f41c54df291145d7866a7e3a05cebbe43c.jpg

bfe16b4854f4145f8fb75fde73f80db5a75103a6.jpg

get you some oxy sport stick from finishline or other words scuff remover it works like a charm i guarentee it will 100 percent work for you. get every thimgoff my shoes. including my 23s

freshdunks44 - Use Mr. Clean Magic eraser to clean the front rubber. Worked amazing on my OG hares.

Here is the before after. I tryed other sneaker cleaners and they didn't do anything.

freshdunks44- i got a couple of things you can do before you decide on repainting. and thanks again to andfattoo and many others on here for answering some ofthese questions. before you repaint, you can use sea glow for the front toe boxes on the midnight navy vi's. it's a hard rubberized area that worksgreat for sea glow. if you're familiar with sea glowing any clear soles on any jordan's v, vi, xi, xvi, then you know what to do. if not, get some seaglow. order it online or if a store carries it around you area then pick it up local. use the synthetic 3m pad inside of the box or you have the option ofusing a very light sandpaper on the toeboxes. if sandpaper is what you use, sand it first. if you have the 3m pad, pour some of the sea glow into the pad andsand away around the toe boxes. do this for a little bit. get a paper towel and dab at the toe boxes. you should see the yellowing being absorbed into thepaper towel. repeat the process until you remove all of the yellow. i know this will work because i have a pair of midnight navy vi's that had the sameproblem. remember, if you have any jordan's or shoes with hard white rubber that isn't painted, you can use sea glow to remove yellowing.

whats the best store to pick up some angelus paint. And what stores carry seaglow.
best places to get sea glow is at islandgirlproducts.com. you can check there to see if any stores sells it locally near you. i'm not sureabout angelus paint but google it and see what comes up. i ordered my angelus paint from turtle feathers. just google "turtle feathers angelus paint"and it will come up with all the colors available for sale on their site.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

whats the best store to pick up some angelus paint. And what stores carry seaglow.
best places to get sea glow is at islandgirlproducts.com. you can check there to see if any stores sells it locally near you. i'm not sure about angelus paint but google it and see what comes up. i ordered my angelus paint from turtle feathers. just google "turtle feathers angelus paint" and it will come up with all the colors available for sale on their site.
seaglow and angelus paint are not sold in stores legally....

i say this because anyone could buy and sell in there store.

There is nothing you can do about yellowing patent leather...... sorry. Its a shame how fast the XX3's leather yellows so quickly.

Back
Top Bottom