:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

freshdunks44- i got a couple of things you can do before you decide on repainting. and thanks again to andfattoo and many others on here for answering some of these questions. before you repaint, you can use sea glow for the front toe boxes on the midnight navy vi's. it's a hard rubberized area that works great for sea glow. if you're familiar with sea glowing any clear soles on any jordan's v, vi, xi, xvi, then you know what to do. if not, get some sea glow. order it online or if a store carries it around you area then pick it up local. use the synthetic 3m pad inside of the box or you have the option of using a very light sandpaper on the toeboxes. if sandpaper is what you use, sand it first. if you have the 3m pad, pour some of the sea glow into the pad and sand away around the toe boxes. do this for a little bit. get a paper towel and dab at the toe boxes. you should see the yellowing being absorbed into the paper towel. repeat the process until you remove all of the yellow. i know this will work because i have a pair of midnight navy vi's that had the same problem. remember, if you have any jordan's or shoes with hard white rubber that isn't painted, you can use sea glow to remove yellowing.

Hey thanks so much. that is really gonna help me...I am gonna order seaglow today as well as that RIT whitener that I believe you suggested for the yellowedtongues on my playoff IX's. I am hoping to use that RIT on my midnight VI's as well.

Do you have any experience with getting the yellow out of the VI's tongues (also to get the dirt out of the small fabric patch thing over the laces lolthat has the jumpan on it). Any help would be great.

Also one more question to anyone who can help....I wanna keep the og laces that came with the VI's but they are very dirty and dull. I have heard thatsetting the laces in a cup of water (hot or cold im not sure) mixed with bleach will work. Any suggestions?

^ the rit should help remove the yellowing on the tongue where the jumpman is on that pair of vi's. you might want to try just soap and a toothbrush firstto see if that does any improvements before you resort to using the rit. as far as the laces, you can do the cup of water mixed with bleach. just to make iteasier, just throw the laces into the washer whenever you wash some whites and add a little bit of bleach to brighten them up.

alright thanks man. you are like a god of cleaning advice ha

but i have actually done the washing machine thing for the laces and they kind of got frayed and damaged slightly. I suppose i could wash on delicate thatwould help.

Also, i just looked up sea glow and its quite expensive. is that website gonna be my best bet or is there somewhere i can find it for cheaper? thanks

^it's the best as far as ordering from them outright. you can check on the site to see what stores carry it for sale that might be in your area. but getthe bigger bottle just because you'll go through it faster than you think.

Suede/Nubuck cleaner is your best bet. If that doesnt work, i heard that baby oil mixed with water works too, but i dont know how its done.

Originally Posted by King Beezy

how much sea glow do i need to clear the ice on my 2 pairs of 5's one pair of 6's
just buy the bigger bottle. i can't give you exact measurements 'cuz i'm not mr. wizard. you'll end up using it again and againlater on.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by King Beezy

how much sea glow do i need to clear the ice on my 2 pairs of 5's one pair of 6's
just buy the bigger bottle. i can't give you exact measurements 'cuz i'm not mr. wizard. you'll end up using it again and again later on.

preciate that!!!!!!

Originally Posted by DeMJ23Kobe24Nise

Any advise:

CDP 17s ... wanna give them a GOOD clean LooK
i use baby oil, if you choose to clean DO NOT RUB HARD (pause) because you will ruin the swede/nubck

okay, I need some help. It's basic help, and I will deeply appreciate it.

The tongue on my tiffany sb's are dirty. The previous owner must have wore jeans over the tongue causing dirt stains. Now is it safe to throw it in thewashing machine or could i just use a toothbrush and toothpaste to get rid of it??

Originally Posted by registered

The tongue on my tiffany sb's are dirty. The previous owner must have wore jeans over the tongue causing dirt stains. Now is it safe to throw it in the washing machine or could i just use a toothbrush and toothpaste to get rid of it??
What material is it made out of?

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Originally Posted by registered

The tongue on my tiffany sb's are dirty. The previous owner must have wore jeans over the tongue causing dirt stains. Now is it safe to throw it in the washing machine or could i just use a toothbrush and toothpaste to get rid of it??
What material is it made out of?
roll.gif
roll.gif
toothpaste
roll.gif
roll.gif

try soap and water first

yea it dirty ... thank you jakecuevas... i have other question.how do u clean the tounge on the spizike?

will mr. clean eraser work on getting out yellowing from the hard rubber of shoes. (i.e. rubber part on toe of midnight 6's)

Originally Posted by jdiaz713

yea it dirty ... thank you jakecuevas... i have other question.how do u clean the tounge on the spizike?
again, first try soap,water (i use hot water)
cause its free,
then try a real cleaner you can buy from champs.

we can go from there, if it leather you can brush hard but dont go hulk status on it cause it will rip,tear,leave marks...

whats up guys just wanted to get some help on cleaning some infrared air max 90's. I recall seeing a post stating that the shoes should be put in a pillowcase then put in the washer. just wondering what kind of soap should i use and should I use cold water as well and if I'm overlooking any steps? thanks forthe help guys.

bought a pair of Indiglo VIVs and the toe/midsole is yellow. any suggestions on how to whiten it? thanks in advance for the help guys

Back
Top Bottom