:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by newbery158

bought a pair of Indiglo VIVs and the toe/midsole is yellow. any suggestions on how to whiten it? thanks in advance for the help guys
i think you mean XIV (14)

you can try to lightly sand it down, use fine grit paper.
then you might have to repaint the midsole if you sand to much.

you can try one of those magic clean erasers, i have never used it.

thats about all i got.

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

Originally Posted by newbery158

bought a pair of Indiglo VIVs and the toe/midsole is yellow. any suggestions on how to whiten it? thanks in advance for the help guys
i think you mean XIV (14)

you can try to lightly sand it down, use fine grit paper.
then you might have to repaint the midsole if you sand to much.

you can try one of those magic clean erasers, i have never used it.

thats about all i got.

Ive got the same problem with my french blue 7's

^ same thing. sand down if lightly yellowed. if badly yellowed, sand and repaint with angelus. try the magic eraser first if it's only dirt and smudges. ifyou want, you check waaaay back in this thread on my french blue vii's i repainted and posted.

What page?
nerd.gif

how do i clean the tongue of the the cdp 1? and whats the best way to clean shoe laces?

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

^ same thing. sand down if lightly yellowed. if badly yellowed, sand and repaint with angelus. try the magic eraser first if it's only dirt and smudges. if you want, you check waaaay back in this thread on my french blue vii's i repainted and posted.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

i spilt beer on the toe box of one of my xx3 stealths and the sued is kinda messed up now. anybody have any suggestions?

anyone know what to do with rocked pure 4s? i figure there might be something easy since there all white but idk.

^ after wearing them for a while, yes the paint did crack again on the cool grey iv's. on the french blue vii's, no it didn't crack. the toe box isless likely to crack on you after you repaint it compared to painting midsoles. so it's ideal to carry a decent size bottle of angelus just for touch-upsdown the road. remember, all you need is acetone, angelus paint, and a brush for this job. it's easy but does take some time for the prep.

Originally Posted by pstuart13

i spilt beer on the toe box of one of my xx3 stealths and the sued is kinda messed up now. anybody have any suggestions?
clean it off with suede/nubuck cleaner spray. if this doesn't bring it back as far as feel and texture, might want to try the baby oil andwater mixture.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by pstuart13

clean it off with suede/nubuck cleaner spray. if this doesn't bring it back as far as feel and texture, might want to try the baby oil and water mixture.

thank you sir!!! i appreciate the help!

sorry if this has been asked already but theres alot of pages lol

I have a pair of White/Black 13s and the black leather on the toe is kind of creased. Im not going to die if theres no way to reduce it, I mean I love theshoes to death but shoes are shoes and are meant to be worn, and will crease eventually. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to reducethe creases?

23sudtg.jpg

I heard from someone that using an Iron gets rid of creases, but Im scared to put an iron to my holy grails
eyes.gif

again sorry if this has been asked

you can put forcefields in them, but heard they are rather uncomfortable to have while wearing with them.

Originally Posted by tz85

how do i clean the tongue of the the cdp 1? and whats the best way to clean shoe laces?

Ive found a great way to clean shoelaces is to soak them in warm water with some bleach/oxyclean in the water, and then put them in a little "pantyhosebag" and put them through your washer and dryer. Your wife/gf/mom probably has a little bag that she uses to wash pantyhose and maybe other delicates, andyou can put laces in it to prevent fraying and twisting

i know this is care/maintenace post, but quick question about the storage of shoes, i have some doubles that i wanna put away for a few years. ive heard/seenthat the paper increases yellow so should i remove it from boxs? also i know not to plastic/sandwich bag them because leather needs to breath....... if theshoes are touchin the boxs its not gonna be issues? also in terms of shoes and crackin, i have shoes from 2004-2005 is there a chance of them crackin furtherdown the road, i know shoes from 1999 crack, granted thats 10 years, but 5 years have passed....

^another great question. as far as the paper in the boxes, a lot of people tend to take it out of the boxes because of the acid in them doing something to theshoes as far as turning colors. i think the acid is very minimal where it doesn't affect the shoes, but this is my own opinion. the choice of removing thepaper or keeping it in the boxes will vary from every person. i don't think the boxes touching the shoes will have any impact on them. as far as the shoesbeing ds and cracking down the road, this is the general rule of thumb. if the shoes are foam based, then there is a possibility of them cracking years downthe road if they dry out. any other jordans that started using the carbon fiber mid-plate will not crumble because they don't have any foam. later onjordan models from the xi's to present will not crumble but you do have to watch out for the glue drying out from storage. if you're storing the shoesin areas that have plenty of sunlight and are out in the open on display this will increase the chances of the shoes crumbling.

Originally Posted by luis og13s

sorry if this has been asked already but theres alot of pages lol

I have a pair of White/Black 13s and the black leather on the toe is kind of creased. Im not going to die if theres no way to reduce it, I mean I love the shoes to death but shoes are shoes and are meant to be worn, and will crease eventually. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to reduce the creases?

23sudtg.jpg

I heard from someone that using an Iron gets rid of creases, but Im scared to put an iron to my holy grails
eyes.gif

again sorry if this has been asked

hey man...whats up. I have these also and mine have some pretty good creases in em. In one of the restoration threads they teach you how to do this. I havedone it before and it works well. The only catch is that after you do this and go back to wearing them, they will resort back to there original creases inabout a week or so. Very much worth it though i would say...from experience. you can trust this technique

Follow these steps:
Wet the toe box and wet a cloth (suggest a teeshirt-towel is to thick). Water is very important in ironing shoes. Not only will itprevent your leather from burning but it will also allow the leather to become more flexible. It softens the leather and makes it easier for the leather to beshaped.
Iron the toe box. Again make sure Iron is on maximum heat and steam function. If no steam function is available then maximumheat will do. I use the steam to again add moisture while ironing. Be sure to constantly wet the cloth and toe box while ironing. Apply as much pressure on theiron as evenly as possible to push out the creases. Warning: If you iron too hard in one place the toe box may become misshaped. However, apply excess pressureto the other side and you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom