:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

I know this is probably in here somewhere but I was wondering is there any way to get rid of creases that are already there? And regarding the hologram on the XIII's how do we go about keeping them clear? Thanks
do the ironing trick and use toebox decreasers if you really don't want them creased anymore. if you read somewhere in this thread, you would of saw about using a hair dryer to clear the hologram up again.

does anyone have a step by step method for this....

hey just got done with my beat CDP 14s

i restored the toebox and fixed the side swede, but you cant tell in pics so i am only posting the toebox.

PM for details, thanks WC
46f151ec3a68cb12d05d5f7b05203f0b05c6477.jpg

Does anyone know how to clean the uppers on Cool Grey XI's??? Will Armor All cleaning wipes work for Cool Grey XI's uppers?? BTW Does anyone know whereto buy replacement white laces for XI's?? I could use some help NT

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

hey pimp, i got these french 9s and they are super clean, except the paint on the side is chipping, i know i have to remove the paint and then paint over with angelus but do you know the exact color??
thanks
easiest thing to do is a color match at lowes or home depot. since your paint is chipping, try to get a decent piece or just bring the shoe over there. let them run it thru their system so they can tell you exactly what colors are mixed together to get that shade.

What if angelus dont have those colors you need to mix??

i restored the toebox and fixed the side swede, but you cant tell in pics so i am only posting the toebox.

46f151ec3a68cb12d05d5f7b05203f0b05c6477.jpg

how did you get the creases out of the toebox ?

faustoxd- I don't think he did anything, one of them is just cleaner makin'em look uncreased.

JFmartimcdand- you can try ironing it out, but I'm not sure on the procedure. You should try ISS, they have a lot of info on this stuff.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

how do i take out the wrinkle above the nike swoosh?
from what i've heard there's no way to get the wrinkle out of that version of the infrareds, it was an issue with all the pairs from the'05 HOA release, they all have that and it's because of the factory stitching in the shoe. you could always try to wash them in the machine and stuffthem with newspaper, old towels, shirts, etc....until they dry and hope they will retain the shape but it will come back once you wear them.

Originally Posted by Faustoxd

i stuffed the toe box, and got the toe box with VERY HOT water. lighly scrubbed too.

there is nothing uder the toe box in that pic.

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

how do i take out the wrinkle above the nike swoosh?
from what i've heard there's no way to get the wrinkle out of that version of the infrareds, it was an issue with all the pairs from the '05 HOA release, they all have that and it's because of the factory stitching in the shoe. you could always try to wash them in the machine and stuff them with newspaper, old towels, shirts, etc....until they dry and hope they will retain the shape but it will come back once you wear them.
that's such a big flaw. It's annoying me
laugh.gif

Thanks for the advice, and bims92 thanks as well.

I think i'll just wait till they retro them again

NEED HELP PLEASE!!

Anybody know how to cover up a scuff done to my 02 Raptor 7's??

Its on the purple part of the sole, it seems as if a little bit of the purple paint was removed!!
frown.gif

It was my first time wearing them too
frown.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Faustoxd

i stuffed the toe box, and got the toe box with VERY HOT water. lighly scrubbed too.

there is nothing uder the toe box in that pic.

after stuffing the toe box what did you do ? can you please give a more step by step explanation ? would it work on VIIs ? i have some olympics with somecreases i wanna try & get rid of or reduce .

Does anyone know how to clean the tongues on the 2002 playoff IX's?

I cleaned up pretty good. but this is an original pic before i cleaned the rest of the shoe so just let me know on the tongues? Im thinkin bleach pen but inever used one before on shoes so i am weary.

[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
%21BVWmnBgBWk%7E%24%28KGrHgoH-DcEkJw1zHMKBKSDCGZdSg%7E%7E_3.JPG

Please wait

Image not available
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[table][tr][td]
%21BVWmmeQB2k%7E%24%28KGrHgoH-CgEjlLl1-OzBKSDCCyo-g%7E%7E_14.JPG
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
%21BVWmnBgBWk%7E%24%28KGrHgoH-DcEkJw1zHMKBKSDCGZdSg%7E%7E_14.JPG
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
%21BVWmnr%21B2k%7E%24%28KGrHgoH-D8EjlLlyV52BKSDCKVM-Q%7E%7E_14.JPG
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
%21BVWmo-gB2k%7E%24%28KGrHgoH-DwEjlLl3z,yBKSDCQ3mYw%7E%7E_14.JPG
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
%21BVWmpzQ%21mk%7E%24%28KGrHgoH-DkEjlLly9hRBKSDCUe,nw%7E%7E_14.JPG
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
%21BVWmqpg%212k%7E%24%28KGrHgoH-EQEjlLluvvMBKSDCYYBtg%7E%7E_14.JPG
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Picture Size:
iconPicSize2_15x15.gif

[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Grand Hustle It

NEED HELP PLEASE!!

Anybody know how to cover up a scuff done to my 02 Raptor 7's??

Its on the purple part of the sole, it seems as if a little bit of the purple paint was removed!!
frown.gif

It was my first time wearing them too
frown.gif
frown.gif
get the mr clean magic eraser. probably the safest way to remove the scuff without doing any damage to the painted area. this should work.

freshdunks44- you might consider using rit whitener for this area. follow the directions on the bottle and this should help. only use the bleach pen as a lastalternative if the rit doesn't work for you.

^i have used this before. and it would be the liquid. my only reason for suggesting this whitener is that i don't think it will take that much effort toremove the yellowing with the rit. i mean if i was to recommend rit or bkf for removing the yellowing on the mesh of xi's, i will tell you to use the bkf.but for this job, i think rit is best for this situation.

so rit liquid is my best bet? good lookin out....

just curious...why did you warn against oxy clean or bleach pen? reason...

Originally Posted by Martini555

sorry if this has been asked before....but where can u get seaglow and what excactly is it
thanks
islandgirlproducts.com

it is a conditioner and substance used to get rid of yellowing on soles like Xi, vi, and v.

if your buying, get the the conditioner bottle, i think it is number 3.

Originally Posted by babycross2011

hey pimp, i got these french 9s and they are super clean, except the paint on the side is chipping, i know i have to remove the paint and then paint over with angelus but do you know the exact color??
thanks
easiest thing to do is a color match at lowes or home depot. since your paint is chipping, try to get a decent piece or just bring the shoe over there. let them run it thru their system so they can tell you exactly what colors are mixed together to get that shade.

What if angelus dont have those colors you need to mix??
what colors are you tryna make??

for me i am gunna get grey, dark grey and white and just play with that. (im doin the midsole of flint 9s)

Quick question, is it safe to throw SBs in the washing machine? specificly Heiniken SBs, ive done with with my HOA AM1s and Mili 4s, im thinkin its the samenubuck/suede, ima use oxy clean on it...? any advice...

Originally Posted by babycross2011

What's the point of doin a color match if u just gonna mix grey and black
the point of doing a color match is to try to fix the areas that have chipped away or cracked. by fixing these areas, this will prevent the restof the shoes that might be subject to this later on. you have to understand when do a color match with harder to find shades that it's going to take alittle more time and effort to figure out the mixture. if the shoes are that important to you to do this kind of work, then you'll do what you can to takecare of them. remember it takes some time and patience when you're trying to get these oddball colors.

Back
Top Bottom