:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by bblokk23

can someone please pm me about how to put the black paint back on the 6's...

the paint scratching off.

i've found out that when you use a paint brush and black paint it tends to help repaint the areas that have been scratched
wink.gif
. all you need is a hobby brush set and black angelus paint. not that hard to dotouch-ups. just do light strokes so the paint doesn't get too thick.

Originally Posted by NJstress03

can some1 PM me about some help cleaning or painting the white back tabs of a AJ III? specifically the 07 fire reds. thanks in advance
here's what you need to know. like andfattoo said, mr clean magic eraser will help in removing some of the marks and yellowing. but if theback tabs are badly yellowed, then the magic eraser will not help. as far as repainting, clean off the tabs with acetone and just get white and fire redangelus paint. the white paint for the tab and the fire red for the jumpman and "air" on the tab. just make sure you tape off the other areas on theshoes so the paint won't get on those areas. any other questions about this, pm me.

i don't see why would a frozen ziplock bag mess with the glue as long as you keep an eye on it

I used some bar keepers friend on a pair of my XI's. They were fine at first then the next day there were some black spots on the mesh. Not sure how ithappened but it did. So use with caution especially if you only have one pair because if I did I would have been heated!

Originally Posted by tz85

i don't see why would a frozen ziplock bag mess with the glue as long as you keep an eye on it

If you dont allow the shoe to breathe, it will dry out the glue and the shoe will separate.

Originally Posted by sosmoove

I used some bar keepers friend on a pair of my XI's. They were fine at first then the next day there were some black spots on the mesh. Not sure how it happened but it did. So use with caution especially if you only have one pair because if I did I would have been heated!
pics?

^^^ sorry man but im in the process of trying to get the black out so I didn't take pics. Plus I am using seaglow too so if it doesn't come out im notwasting my seaglow. I am going to try something I saw in walmart that is used for stains. I would definitely not try bkf again and i'm thinking that it maybe too strong especially for a shoe that old but I was pretty shocked how much of the shoe just started turning black since it was cool the day before. I waslike %%$
ohwell.gif

Use some shoe goo... pretty much the best thing to use.

And sosmoove, I think the inside lining dyed the mesh black, happened to someone else on here I know.

Originally Posted by Neighbor Beast

any way to rewhiteing leathert?
best thing is to repaint with angelus paint. use some acetone first before you apply the paint on the leather as the acetone will act as a primerfor the paint.

jakecuevas- only thing you can do for the pods on the xiii's is to sand the pods and repaint. nothing else seems to work on getting this area white again.same thing applies to the playoff xii's that everyone seems to ask about getting the soles white again due to yellowing.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

jakecuevas- only thing you can do for the pods on the xiii's is to sand the pods and repaint. nothing else seems to work on getting this area white again. same thing applies to the playoff xii's that everyone seems to ask about getting the soles white again due to yellowing.
thanks so sand down, and re-paint with agelus* ??

Hey guys, where can I ask about care and maintenance about the Air Yeezy? Or perhaps anyone can help me here.

I got my tan yeezy, and the tan leather part tends to get a bit dark easily due to dirt and dust. What do you suggest I should use/do to clean and maintainthat leather?
Thanks in advance guys!
happy.gif

How big of a factor, if any, is the sun's UV ray intensity from region to region on the effectivness of the sea glow?

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

jakecuevas- only thing you can do for the pods on the xiii's is to sand the pods and repaint. nothing else seems to work on getting this area white again. same thing applies to the playoff xii's that everyone seems to ask about getting the soles white again due to yellowing.
thanks so sand down, and re-paint with agelus* ??
yep. sand with a fine grit paper to remove the yellow layer and then repaint with angelus.

Originally Posted by hole in the earth

hey guys is it normal for soles of 11s to be somewhat tinted blue in color after seaglowing them under the sun?//thanks..
yes. this is what gives some people a "boner" when they sea glow their xi's. the blue tint is left over from the sea glow giving itthat kind of og look.

Originally Posted by krockjssince92

Do anyone knows how to clean CDP XX1s?
it's not that hard if you think about it. a suede shoe, hmmm, maybe a suede/nubuck spray cleaner or eraser or brush should work.

Originally Posted by ICTshoegoon

How big of a factor, if any, is the sun's UV ray intensity from region to region on the effectivness of the sea glow?

the trick to sea glow is making sure there is ample sun light to allow it to work properly. so the intensity doesn't factor in. just make sure there'splenty of sun light and not overcast looking outside. if you can do it on cooler days where there is sunlight this will help you out more so the heat won'tseparate your soles or dry out glue.

Originally Posted by glitch008

Hey guys, where can I ask about care and maintenance about the Air Yeezy? Or perhaps anyone can help me here.

I got my tan yeezy, and the tan leather part tends to get a bit dark easily due to dirt and dust. What do you suggest I should use/do to clean and maintain that leather?
Thanks in advance guys!
happy.gif
probably just use basic shoe cleaner and maybe carry a suede/nubuck brush for wiping down the shoes so there's not much build up from the dirtand dust.

Back
Top Bottom