:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by glitch008

Hey guys, where can I ask about care and maintenance about the Air Yeezy? Or perhaps anyone can help me here.

I got my tan yeezy, and the tan leather part tends to get a bit dark easily due to dirt and dust. What do you suggest I should use/do to clean and maintain that leather?
Thanks in advance guys!
happy.gif
probably just use basic shoe cleaner and maybe carry a suede/nubuck brush for wiping down the shoes so there's not much build up from the dirt and dust.
Thanks pimpjobu ! I was just worried that it might leave some marks if I use the wrong shoe cleaner since the color of the leather is solight. Do you have a particular brand to recommend? Or just any shoe cleaner will do?
thanks in advance!

^ i usually just use a basic gel shoe cleaner with a brush tip that they sell in footlocker. assuming the leather is smooth and tumble in texture, this willwork for your yeezy's. i'm not too familiar with them but the shoe gel should work. if it's a softer leather, go with a spray cleaner. most ofthese cleaners should do the trick. it's when you start to clean suede and nubuck that using the wrong cleaner can ruin the texture of the areas beingtreated or stains it and makes it a bit darker.

^ i usually just use a basic gel shoe cleaner with a brush tip that they sell in footlocker. assuming the leather is smooth and tumble in texture, this will work for your yeezy's. i'm not too familiar with them but the shoe gel should work. if it's a softer leather, go with a spray cleaner. most of these cleaners should do the trick. it's when you start to clean suede and nubuck that using the wrong cleaner can ruin the texture of the areas being treated or stains it and makes it a bit darker.
Thanks a lot bro!
It's a soft leather, so I guess i have to use the spray cleaner.
happy.gif

^^I used kiwi sneaker shampoo on my tan yeezys, and it did very well! It even removed jeans stains and lightened dark spots.
smile.gif

Hey, Pimp im thinking about buying a pair of OG columbia's. I was wondering if its possible to un-yellow the shoe laces holders cause i know the yellowedpatent is a done deal. Thanks in advance.

I have a question about the Persian BW air max, I just got a pair and I know the soles are a little yellow and it wasn't bad when I took em out of the box.I sprayed some water repellent stuff from FL on em and am now wearing them to work, and they are looking a lot worse. Would the spray have any effect, and Ihave only been wearing them a couple hours. How yellow are they going to be and is it just my imagination?
Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Hey, Pimp im thinking about buying a pair of OG columbia's. I was wondering if its possible to un-yellow the shoe laces holders cause i know the yellowed patent is a done deal. Thanks in advance.
i know that you can use bkf for the lace holders. it's just like the mesh tongue as far as removal of yellowing. just a little amount and arag or toothbrush should help remove it. i did this for my og concords when i got them a while back and now people do a double take at how white my shoes arefor being so old. i hope the soles on the ones you plan to buy are still blue in color. i can't get my og concords to be blue in tint again due to the ageand condition they are. so if you're thinking of buying ones that aren't too blue forget about the sea glow imo.

hey pimp, i got these french 9s and they are super clean, except the paint on the side is chipping, i know i have to remove the paint and then paint over withangelus but do you know the exact color??
thanks

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

hey pimp, i got these french 9s and they are super clean, except the paint on the side is chipping, i know i have to remove the paint and then paint over with angelus but do you know the exact color??
thanks
easiest thing to do is a color match at lowes or home depot. since your paint is chipping, try to get a decent piece or just bring the shoe overthere. let them run it thru their system so they can tell you exactly what colors are mixed together to get that shade.

^ went to home depot before and talked to one of the associates in the paint dept. they told me they can do it as long as they have a big enough sample of thepaint chip they can see what colors are mixed together to get the shade your looking for. i was going to do this for my infared vi's to see what mixture ineed to get infared but was able to get someone to answer the question on here before i commited to do the paint analysis.

im afraid to use bfk on my concords i would like to know if anyone can respond with instructions on how to use rit such as water to rit ratio and if hot wateris needed etc...

help is greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by Dwilliams 8

im afraid to use bfk on my concords i would like to know if anyone can respond with instructions on how to use rit such as water to rit ratio and if hot water is needed etc...

help is greatly appreciated.

I used it two weeks ago and it turned my mesh black in some spots. Not sure what happened but I ended up using Shout to get the black out.

I need some help with these stabs, the midsole and yellow get dirty beyond belief and i can't get em clean for the life of me

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

Try Mr clean magic eraser it should work^^^^^^^^^^^^

Man, i've tried everything on the midsole: Magic Eraser, shoe cleaner and toothbrush, an oxy-clean paste that I left on there, even a bleach pen andnothing works. I think i'm gonna end up having to repaint if no one knows. Its a really weird paint on top of the foam and it just attracts dirt like noneother. If someone else has Stabs and they can keep em clean, let me know

I know this is probably in here somewhere but I was wondering is there any way to get rid of creases that are already there? And regarding the hologram on theXIII's how do we go about keeping them clear? Thanks

Hey NT hoping you guys can help me with my 1999 Fire Red V's, the left shoes is okay but the right is not looking to good, as you can see the midsole iscrumbling and releasing something like white sand, only at the air bag and the red shark teeth part,
The white teeth( the last pic) is just like that because I was stretching it,
my question is can i still save these bad boys or is it just a lost case? worn 4x , 10.5 if that matters, can i buy some type of adhesive that will make thesebabes stick?

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

I know this is probably in here somewhere but I was wondering is there any way to get rid of creases that are already there? And regarding the hologram on the XIII's how do we go about keeping them clear? Thanks
do the ironing trick and use toebox decreasers if you really don't want them creased anymore. if you read somewhere in this thread, you wouldof saw about using a hair dryer to clear the hologram up again.

jumpman jam- i not going to quote so many pics but here's what's up with your v's. the "white sand" thats coming out of your shoes is thefoam all dried up and coming out thru the cracks. so basically the rest of the shoes is slowly turning into this and the shoes will eventually be no good forwearing anymore. can you save them? if you maybe put some epoxy glue in the areas you might prolong the effects but it will start cracking in other areas inthe future. only other alternative is doing a sole swap if these shoes mean a lot to you. but i warn you this is a long and time consuming process and is notfor everyone.

jumpman jam- i not going to quote so many pics but here's what's up with your v's. the "white sand" thats coming out of your shoes is the foam all dried up and coming out thru the cracks. so basically the rest of the shoes is slowly turning into this and the shoes will eventually be no good for wearing anymore. can you save them? if you maybe put some epoxy glue in the areas you might prolong the effects but it will start cracking in other areas in the future. only other alternative is doing a sole swap if these shoes mean a lot to you. but i warn you this is a long and time consuming process and is not for everyone.

Thanks Alot For Your Information, Hate To See These Go But I Will Try To Put Glue And Just Wear Them Until They Fall Apart, Hate To See It Because The Left IsIn Such Good Condition
R.I.P 99'

Back
Top Bottom