:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

i know there has been many threads about this but no time to look. I have some XI lows and the sole is turning yellow. what can i do to make it icey again???

Originally Posted by dejahnw

please can someone tell me how to keep my 7's clean citriz
check the beginning of this thread to see what you need for cleaners for you "citriz" vii's. just keep some suede/nubuck spraycleaner and brush on hand for them for cleaning.
and for the guy who asked about the yellowing on their xi's lows, do some research. i'm tired of answering a question that seems to pop up every otherweek. i wish everyone who asks a question on here would do some research before asking their ?'s. a majority of questions asked on here lately have beenabout the same shoes or something similar with the same problems. i'm not trying to b*tch but it does it old answering the same thing.

Originally Posted by tz85

is it true if my shoes fit tight in the front all i have to do to stretch them is add water to ziplock bag and then stuff it inside the shoes and place them inside the freezer and when the water gets frozen it will expand the shoes for better fit? and had anyone blow dry the clear bubble of any shoes will it turn it back clear? and for the hologram of the xiii as well? thanks
i've never have heard of this method. but imo i think this is a bad idea. you might make the glued areas in the front come undone after timefrom doing this technique. as far as the air bubble, if there is moisture inside then this method will work and it will work for the hologram for thexiii's as well. remember that over time you gonna still have to do this because it will revert back to it's normal condition.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

check the beginning of this thread to see what you need for cleaners for you "citriz" vii's. just keep some suede/nubuck spray cleaner and brush on hand for them for cleaning.
and for the guy who asked about the yellowing on their xi's lows, do some research. i'm tired of answering a question that seems to pop up every other week. i wish everyone who asks a question on here would do some research before asking their ?'s. a majority of questions asked on here lately have been about the same shoes or something similar with the same problems. i'm not trying to b*tch but it does it old answering the same thing.

thanks man

Weekly maintenance should do the trip, just being able to see what is happening to your shoes after every wear should be just fine. Having some shoe cleaneron deck is recommended.

Edit:.... Pimp beat me to the punch.

Hey Pimp would suggest using black angelus paint to black out the speckles on the new white/black VI's when they come out?... and would i work on the blacktab in the back?

this has probably already been covered, but the white portion on my playoff 12's are a bit dirty any way to clean those. tried a paper towel but didntreally get it. any ideas? thanks

Originally Posted by adamfo85

this has probably already been covered, but the white portion on my playoff 12's are a bit dirty any way to clean those. tried a paper towel but didnt really get it. any ideas? thanks
soap and water should work if it dirt, try a shoe cleaner from champs or something like that.

try using a tooth brush, dont rub to hard (pause) the leather could get messed up.

anyone have tips on cleaning their White/Carolina 13's with the gray furry looking midsole? any tips or things not to do would be helpful. Thanks inadvanced.

If the soles on a Midnight Blue VI crack, the shoe is pretty much done, right? No glue can save it? 'Cause I just bought some DS joints that were in aZiploc and the midsole is way too soft. I think they're gonna crack if I wear them out.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Weekly maintenance should do the trip, just being able to see what is happening to your shoes after every wear should be just fine. Having some shoe cleaner on deck is recommended.

Hey Pimp would suggest using black angelus paint to black out the speckles on the new white/black VI's when they come out?... and would i work on the black tab in the back?

you know, it wouldn't be a bad idea to try. just make it a small amount of angelus so it doesn't look too shoddy of a re-touch. as far as the blacktab, i would think it would work there also. those speckles on the vi's just kind of kill it for me, but i'll give these shoes a try when they comeout. vi's are my favorite jordan's, so your idea would be very interesting to do. hey andfattoo, which color of grey angelus paint would you use with arepaint of white/cement iv's? i'm stuck between choosing grey and light grey. the dark grey is way too dark, so help out a fellow nt'er.

Originally Posted by MJ4EVER2320

anyone have tips on cleaning their White/Carolina 13's with the gray furry looking midsole? any tips or things not to do would be helpful. Thanks in advanced.
you must be talking about the grey suede on the sides. suede/nubuck spray cleaner, suede/nubuck eraser if there's dark stains and marks.

Originally Posted by Primavera Vills

If the soles on a Midnight Blue VI crack, the shoe is pretty much done, right? No glue can save it? 'Cause I just bought some DS joints that were in a Ziploc and the midsole is way too soft. I think they're gonna crack if I wear them out.
the only thing i can suggest if the soles start to crack is to try using dap caulking. this should fill in the cracks and should be flexible foryou. it's easy to paint over if you really need it to look great. i wouldn't try any glue just because it will harden the area and make it more proneto future cracks and breaks. i don't like buying any jordan's with foam midsoles that was stored in a ziploc bag strictly for this reason. the shoecan't breathe and the foam ends up drying out faster. i mean the shoes look great but how great is the shoe if you can't even wear them? your shoeswill crack eventually even if you're extremely careful when wearing them. sorry man but it's the truth. your only other option is doing a sole swap butyou know how much time and effort it will take to do this.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Weekly maintenance should do the trip, just being able to see what is happening to your shoes after every wear should be just fine. Having some shoe cleaner on deck is recommended.

Hey Pimp would suggest using black angelus paint to black out the speckles on the new white/black VI's when they come out?... and would i work on the black tab in the back?

you know, it wouldn't be a bad idea to try. just make it a small amount of angelus so it doesn't look too shoddy of a re-touch. as far as the black tab, i would think it would work there also. those speckles on the vi's just kind of kill it for me, but i'll give these shoes a try when they come out. vi's are my favorite jordan's, so your idea would be very interesting to do. hey andfattoo, which color of grey angelus paint would you use with a repaint of white/cement iv's? i'm stuck between choosing grey and light grey. the dark grey is way too dark, so help out a fellow nt'er.
I thinking i would use the light grey, but to be on the safe side i would have both on deck in case it doesnt work. Shoot and if the regular greyis too dark and the light grey is too light.......... you can mix those two together to get the color in between. I hope that helps.

Not sure if this has been asked, but I have a pair of Columbias that have a couple WHITE PAINT stains on the tongue and on the inside heel portion. Is thereany kind of like stain remover I should use. I was thinking one of those oxi-clean or Tide pen stain removers?? Thanks

devicememoryhomeuserpic.jpg

img00179200906251016.jpg

Originally Posted by jumpersgalore

i know there has been many threads about this but no time to look. I have some XI lows and the sole is turning yellow. what can i do to make it icey again???
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

Originally Posted by jumpersgalore

eyes.gif

wow.... i didnt even see that post..... that face is fitting. Anyways....... sea glow is what you need.

for the paint stains on the columbia's- try the tide pen first. if it doesn't work, go with the oxyclean. if that doesn't help, try a bleach penthats color safe. but use the bleach pen as a last resort. i would think barkeeper's friend would help for the paint removal on the mesh tongue. try thatout and see if that does the trick.

AJXI: The holiest of holies. We all want them. We all have them. And we all have heart attacks when something gets near them. The overall shoe, you can clean with Armor All. The upper mesh, Barkeeper's Friend. The patent leather, Black Magic Tire Wet. This stuff leaves the patent leather basically looking like glass, but it's also slippery, so don't get it on the soles.

Does this work on Cool Greys as well or is this written for the Concords?

anyone have tips on cleaning their White/Carolina 13's with the gray furry looking midsole? any tips or things not to do would be helpful. Thanks in advanced.
you must be talking about the grey suede on the sides. suede/nubuck spray cleaner, suede/nubuck eraser if there's dark stains and marks.
where to buy this spray or eraser?

any other ways to clean this area?

can some1 PM me about some help cleaning or painting the white back tabs of a AJ III? specifically the 07 fire reds. thanks in advance

can someone please pm me about how to put the black paint back on the 6's...

the paint scratching off.

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

where to buy this spray or eraser?

any other ways to clean this area?

just go to foot locker, champs, finishline, or any other shoe store. they should carry all of the supplies i've mentioned. the suede/nubuck cleaner comesin either a foam pump or a spray. general rule of thumb i use is this- for lighter colored suede areas i use the spray, darker colored suede i use the foam. ifyou use the foam on lighter color areas, i've found it kind of leaves a dark spot where you cleaned it. this can always be remedied by using the spray inthe area and clean off the remaining residue. the eraser looks like a school eraser. it comes in a plastic box with a sponge container. just eraser the darkermarks on the suede with it and use the sponge to clean off the eraser residue. you should only need these cleaners and will not need to use any other cleanersfor suede/nubuck. each one should run you between $6-$7.

Back
Top Bottom