Official Slam Dunk Jordan Release Thread

The box is cool but honestly you don't really notice the graphics all that much

The lid blocks all the detail

They should have had it all over the box including the lid to show it off

Most of the total pairs were sold in Asia, too, so that makes the sizes that much rarer over here. (Sizes 8-9 being the more common sizes over there)

Sizes 9 5-13 all over facebook groups for $380. While on ebay 500ish. This is the first time in a very long time where street prices are much lower than market prices. :/

Shoes can only go so high in value. These are a collaboration with an Anime, which will already lower the desirability to most shoe heads. Anime fans will only pay so much and they probably wouldn't spend  AJ1 Royals money on these (or any shoe). I agree that they may bottom out at around $400-450 with some "good" deals at $350 at least for the next 6 months. Unless you're a die hard fan of the series, this is a relatively low priority release and wouldn't go much over retail if it was a limited GR. 

Probably from the large portion of fakes out there and this targeting a niche audience
True. If I really wanted a pair as an anime fan, I doubt I would feel the need to hassle with resell when I could just buy a good-decent replica for half the price. 

My heart is broken. I love slam dunk. I watched the anime every weekdays when i was in high school. After class i would head home asap just to watch it. Tha was in 2002 when it aired in my country. I even read all the manga chapters. Wish i can still grab a pair of these.

My heart is broken. I love slam dunk. I watched the anime every weekdays when i was in high school. After class i would head home asap just to watch it. Tha was in 2002 when it aired in my country. I even read all the manga chapters. Wish i can still grab a pair of these.
same here man haha. 

Shoes can only go so high in value. These are a collaboration with an Anime, which will already lower the desirability to most shoe heads. Anime fans will only pay so much and they probably wouldn't spend  AJ1 Royals money on these (or any shoe). I agree that they may bottom out at around $400-450 with some "good" deals at $350 at least for the next 6 months. Unless you're a die hard fan of the series, this is a relatively low priority release and wouldn't go much over retail if it was a limited GR. 
you under estimated the people (especially those who were from Asia/Taiwan/China/Japan etc) around my age 25-35 who grew up reading the manga and who are shoe heads. 

Excessive hype at its best! These forums are full of it especially for JB shoes. They could produce any retro and might not even look like much but because they are Jordan's the hype heads will go nuts over them.

I feel for those that pay $350-$600 for these Slam Dunks, I find that hilarious! LOL

I don't believe the HYPE

Excessive hype at its best! These forums are full of it especially for JB shoes. They could produce any retro and might not even look like much but because they are Jordan's the hype heads will go nuts over them.

I feel for those that pay $350-$600 for these Slam Dunks, I find that hilarious! LOL

I don't believe the HYPE
really? coming from a guy who has a sport blue 6s avi?....probably the worst retro of this year man

Back
Top Bottom