:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
you really believe this RIGHT NOW, Red? He’s not even a top 10 QB imo, so i can’t refer to him as a stud.

He’s solid, but to confidently put the ball in his hands 35-40 times per week is what it would take to give him that label.

Just confidently KNOW we could do it is all i would need.

Regardless of who is our QB, if someone is throwing the ball that many times we are losing.

saying that a qb needs to throw 35-40 a game to prove he’s a stud is not the best barometer of a QB’s overall talent. a qb can dictate (if not dominate) a game throwing 25-28 times efficiently while moving the chains on third down and converting in the redzone. Jimmy averaged 30 att/gm at a 70% clip and a QBR of 102. he’s prone to those underthrown INTs but he bounces back. And Iirc jimmy’s lead 4 or 5 GW drives this past season. I’m confident in jimmy GQ

i respect it, & love Jimmy. Has all the tools in the world — i just feel like he struggles in known passing situations. Just never had that Brees, Brady, Wilson even Ben type confidence in him.

I think y’all fellas ignored the last sentence of my comment. He doesn’t HAVE to throw the rock 35-40 times per game, I just need the confidence that you can if the game turns in that direction. I was just defining my definition of a stud, that’s was all.
if he, or any qb of ours, is throwing 40/game something’s wrong. Either we’re always behind in games or the run game is non-existent.
Red I got us next year for some field passes and whatnot if you make it out to a game

Ill get the rest of the real and loyal NT Niner fam too in one way or another. Cant wait bros

C’mon bro. Feel like that comment was directed at me since it came right after my desire to trade for Tom post.

Please don’t question my loyalty. Watch every game, know our squad in and out. Go to games (left fam for both playoff games), etc. Money don’t grow on trees and leaving a wife with two youngins back to back weekends ain’t easy lol.

I’m all for what’s best for the NINERS, period. Whether that calls for moving on from a qb, lifelong aging player, or a player that’s commanding too much cash etc. I guess my thinking is similar to hoodie when it comes to running a team. I’m loyal to the soil, my word.

Keep the peace y’all lol

Need that schedule to come out already so I can put these time off requests in (I’m taking the days off no matter what, but it’s a courtesy). But the game in Inglewood (5 mins from my moms house), New Orleans, and Jets games are happening along with a home game. Since I live in Dallas, that Cowboys game is going to be a blast. I already know a bunch of fans talking about going deep to that game.

C’mon bro. Feel like that comment was directed at me since it came right after my desire to trade for Tom post.

Please don’t question my loyalty. Watch every game, know our squad in and out. Go to games (left fam for both playoff games), etc. Money don’t grow on trees and leaving a wife with two youngins back to back weekends ain’t easy lol.

I’m all for what’s best for the NINERS, period. Whether that calls for moving on from a qb, lifelong aging player, or a player that’s commanding too much cash etc. I guess my thinking is similar to hoodie when it comes to running a team. I’m loyal to the soil, my word.

Keep the peace y’all lol

Easy now, certainly wasnt directed at you and i definitely dont question your loyalty just because you want a different player than i do :lol: . If we happen to be at the same game you best believe ill try and hook it up!

I've always said this is the best thread on NT.

Why? Because the 49ers have the most loyal fans and you see that every day in here. Ntm, everyone cool af. I love y'all.

But you not gonna like my opinion that now I'm all for Brady if Kyle is all for Tom over Jimmy.

And a majority of our fans would probably want to keep young Jimmy over old Tom.

I personally would want Jimmy to have at minimum one more year to prove himself in this system, if not two more years.

But there is a report that the Niners are "closing hard" on Tom Brady, the greatest of all time next to Montana.

If a team has an opportunity to get a Legend albeit at 43, I don't blame Lynch and Shanny for taking a look.

I look at it from this perspective. Kyle gave Jimmy the plays to succeed down the stretch.

Did Jimmy make the right decisions 2 series in a row when we needed him most?

Answer is no. And I know Kyle wasn't happy at all. Jimmy literally ignored Kittle multiple times. And Kittle is his GRONK!!!

I'm strongly beginning to believe that Kyle spoke with John and said "we have the opportunity to give Brady a better Gronk."

I now believe Brady is going to be a San Francisco 49er.

The window to win a Super Bowl is small, as this organization knows all too well from recent memory.

I think the Niners could be confident enough in Mullens to back up Brady, who will have a 2 year window in SF much like LeBron James has for my Lakers.

My bros, I know you will disagree with me here. But let's trust the Niner ownership and management here, if they decide to go full Tom Brady.

Y'all never know, maybe Tom Brady does better in the NFC with our Niner group than Jimmy G does with NE in the loaded AFC, which makes our chances for a return to the SB even better.

Teams now know how to game plan Jimmy. The book may be out on him, just like it was for CK after his SB loss.

We know what Brady will give you long as he is protected in the pocket. You give him the offensive weapons we already have, plus our running game, plus our elite D.....that's a super bowl combination.

And what if the league has figured out Jimmy's gunslinger ways and Jimmy disappoints us next year and cannot come thru in the NFC Championship Game at Seattle or at New Orleans because Russ or Brees makes better plays down the stretch? Then what? He'd be 0-2 at that point and we're back to being Harbaugh'd and Kaepernick'd once again.

I dont think York wants to take that chance in spite of Jimmy's solid regular season record as a starter. How your QB performs in playoff games are the main deciding factors imo.

Jimmy had a pick against Minnesota, and played poorly in the 4th qtr of the SB.

At the end of the day, I'm going to support the Shanahan and Lynch decision. I like Jimmy a lot too. Got 3 of his jerseys.

Apologize for the essay bros

Last edited:
I don't want to believe that rumor about Brady....But WHY do I feel the Niners really are interested?

I'm happy with Jimmy G. He's not bad!

I don't want to believe that rumor about Brady....But WHY do I feel the Niners really are interested?

Because Jimmy G could have actually only been a rental.

Lynch tried to trade for Brady a few years ago per several sources but NE was contending.

Belichek drafted Jimmy thinking Brady woulda been retired by now. But NE kept winning and it wasn't fair for Jimmy to warm the bench and hold clipboards year after year.

So people are thinking NE gave him up to us for peanuts as sort of an agreement for SF to develop him so he gets much needed experience while NE waited for Brady to be a free agent.

It is rather baffling as to why NE only got a 3rd rounder I believe, for Jimmy.

This time SF may give the goodwill gesture back to NE by giving Jimmy back since they helped SF out when SF needed a QB desperately 3 years ago.

I can totally see this possibility

Man IDC what anyone says that New Orleans game was the most exciting game of the regular season. I was heading home from work and almost crashed my car when kittle went off at the end.

If there's any truth to the rumor, my guess would be that the 49ers want Tom Brady as a bridge to Kirk Cousins when he becomes a FA.

That's assuming there's any truth to the rumor that the 49ers want Brady.

Man IDC what anyone says that New Orleans game was the most exciting game of the regular season. I was heading home from work and almost crashed my car when kittle went off at the end.

this is exactly why i shouldn't listen to live sports while driving...but i do anyways

from what I understand there’s one guy all these Brady to SF rumors are coming from.

An insider with the Ne patriots. Says he won’t name his sources

Kind of crazy how much our undrafted players contributed this season. 4 of those dudes all played a big role at some point in the season, and Mullens is probably the best backup QB in the NFL. It just goes to show the importance of good scouting, player development and depth.

What’s the chances we get offers for Nick or CJ?

I don’t see carrying 3 QBs again especially with all the injuries this season

Mullens would probably fetch an early day 3 pick. Not worth trading him until we have to.

We ain’t getting anything of value for CJ.

Bros. Randomly wanted to see that ‘The Box’ playoff vid we had, turned out i clicked on the wrong vid but now im hyped! Cant wait for next season man

would really love to see Kyle implement Richie James more into the game plan. Especially if Sanders doesnt come back.

If Sanders doesnt return, was it too much to pay for a rental?

Keep the peace y’all lol
How can you say you are all for moving a lifelong aging player but advocate for wanting the oldest player in the league?

Back
Top Bottom