:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
we basically gotta win out to get the division back.

if we gotta go in as a wildcard so be it, i’m confident the team can put in the work

We just gotta take care of business, who knows what will happen with any of the teams in the course of this month(injuries, flat out bad games/opponent really clicking that particular week etc there are so many variables) Our squad has proven itself to be a very talented bunch who can compete with anyone. I know the defense and in particular the defensive line have looked great this season, but those who have watched all of this seasons games knows that the offense has definitely had to come through on many occasions whether it be milking some clock, just getting a FG or responding with a TD when we really needed it.

10-2 going into the final 4 games of the season, including a matchup against the squad preventing us from that division title and bye week would have been a dream this time last year. I have faith in our boys. Bye or not

Last edited:
i don't know how strength of schedule factors into it but what if niners lose to the saints, but beat rams, falcons, and seattle. assuming seattle handles their ****, both teams end up 13-3. what happens?

Head to head, then division then common opponents I believe

i don't know how strength of schedule factors into it but what if niners lose to the saints, but beat rams, falcons, and seattle. assuming seattle handles their ****, both teams end up 13-3. what happens?

I just researched this and by my understanding the teams would be so even in that scenario, that it would come down to the 5th factor of the tie-breaker rules. It will come down to strength of victory. Tough to estimate right now but the only difference in our wins would be our wins against GB and Washington against their wins of Minnesota and Philly.

I just researched this and by my understanding the teams would be so even in that scenario, that it would come down to the 5th factor of the tie-breaker rules. It will come down to strength of victory. Tough to estimate right now but the only difference in our wins would be our wins against GB and Washington against their wins of Minnesota and Philly.

beating the saints should give us some type of SOV advantage + hopefully GB continues to win while minny slides (this feels weird to say)

If we lose to NO, but win out after, and Seattle’s only loss would be us from now until the end of the season that would mean both Seattle and us will have finished 13-3 and lost to the exact same teams.

Seattle’s strength of schedule then depends on the 2 teams they played but we didn’t, and vice versa.

They played Philly and Minnesota: 13-11 current combined record

We played Green Bay and Atlanta: 12-12 current combined record

If the opponent W-L difference stays the same (1 game difference) and Green Bay knocks off Minnesota while Dallas knocks off Philadelphia then by season’s end the opponent W-L record would also be exactly the same. The race for the division is as close as it gets.

Let’s just save ourselves the headache and win out

It’s Washington not Atlanta. And Philly and Green Bay both play Washington Before seasons end so not the best case scenario for that either. We probably need to win out or need Seattle to drop a game before they play us. A 13-3 tie isn’t in the 9ers favor

We're basically rooting for GB and WA to win and PHI and MIN to lose from here on out. But none of that matters if we lose against NO this week, SEA will then have a stranglehold on the division.

It’s Washington not Atlanta. And Philly and Green Bay both play Washington Before seasons end so not the best case scenario for that either. We probably need to win out or need Seattle to drop a game before they play us. A 13-3 tie isn’t in the 9ers favor
You right. Oddly enough the skins and falcons have the same record. So if Philly can’t get out of their own way and lose to the skins like they did to the dolphins, that might give us the nod over Seattle :lol:

Although to make everything even more confusing. If we were to lose to New Orleans but win the rest of our games, and Seattle loses to either the Rams, Carolina, or Arizona. Then the 9ers would win the tiebreaker at 13-3 due to divisional and common opponent record and SOV would be out the window. Lmao there’s just so many variables. I think it’s all gonna be moot anyway as I think one of these teams will finish 12-4

And also the Titans team that played the Rams in the SB was a wildcard team at 13-3, so it has happened before.

Reactions: ace
good question. if this season is the first time there's a 13-3 wildcard team, it's gonna suck for seattle to be on the wrong side of history

:evil:
1999 Titans were 13-3. AFC Central winner was the Jacksonville Jaguars at 14-2. Their 2 losses were at the hands of....the Tennessee Titans (who also defeated them in the AFC Championship Game).

Seahawks have the Rams away next week. Panthers in Carolina the week after. A divisional game at home vs the Cards and then us in week 17. Not an easy schedule in the least bit

should be a very interesting end to the season for both squads to say the least..

This some BS, 14-2 to lock down the division. Damn near anywhere else and we'd be kicking out feet up right now.

Rams just got steamrolled at their home... I ain’t counting on them to help us :lol:

Just win out and we‘ll be the #1 seed

Rams have been so inconsistent week to week but they did play seattle tough last time they matched up so there’s some hope there

just wanna see aaron donald throwing russ to the ground multiple times

12-4, 13-3, 14-2...regardless of where we end up in playoff seeding, all of them sound a lot better considering "professional" morons predicted this:

1572579750838.jpeg

heard this dude dressed up as a clown tn

Back
Top Bottom