:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
my mans hitner wylin with that fit...

85ADC52C-85D9-4E4C-AEFC-4AD64FF0A15B.jpeg

scarf and amish farmer hat OD. epitome of doing too much

the combo of the suit and turtleneck itself is fire though

Vikings fan for a day

Crazy how weve had such a great year THIRTEEN weeks in and these Seahawks could send us to 5th place with a dub, hate those fools :lol:

Was a great game.

Jimmy had Deebo WIDE OPEN on a deep post in the first half and didnt see him/didnt throw it. Wouldve been an 80 yd td lol

Attachments

• A29B7CBD-CD33-4BFF-9157-DF0FA2C1E153.jpeg
    A29B7CBD-CD33-4BFF-9157-DF0FA2C1E153.jpeg
    355.7 KB · Views: 852
Do we draft/sign another WR in the offseason?

I'd say probably yes.

Deebo is a lock but otherwise a lot of the guys seem like they're going/gone. Richie James is good but it seems like they like him so much as a special teams punt returner that they don't want to risk injuring him by giving him many snaps at WR.

I could be wrong but it seems like either they're pretty done with Goodwin or he's done with them. Wouldn't be shocked to see him dealt away for a pick, cut, or to surprise retire from the NFL.

Pettis might survive because he's still on that cheap rookie contract. But he's definitely in the dog house. Could be traded away, cut, who knows. No punt returns, no catches, seems like he's only been used as a downfield blocker, or for trick plays (he threw a TD), or as window dressing (he shifts around or goes in motion at line of scrimmage to distract the defense from a play thats going the other way).

Emanuel Sanders becomes a UFA 2020, hits the FA market with no restrictions. They might want to hold onto him but it'll come at a price.

Kendrick Bourne will become an RFA in 2020 and it will be time for the 9ers to decide if they'll pay the increased contract he will want.

Trent Taylor/ Jalen Hurd big mysteries because of injuries.

So from where I sit it, yes, it seems like they'll definitely need to sign or draft another starter quality WR for 2020. Maybe even more than one. WR is clearly one of the big weaknesses of the offense.

Assuming it would be time to part ways with McKinnon right? Its proven that Shanny can find RBs.

Did Goodwin dress for this game? I could of sworn I saw him suited up. Just didn't play a snap. He did have a bit of a cryptic IG post today.

Goodwin is done. Lack of production alone warranted a drop out of the rotation.

Hopefully Vikings show more of a effort than the Eagles. It’s actually a pretty huge game for them. Rams are right on them.

Do we draft/sign another WR in the offseason?

No, I don't believe they can nor will. They've invested four day-two draft picks in two years in wide receivers(2018 2nd - Dante Pettis, 2019 2nd - Deebo Samuel, 2019 3rd - Jalen Hurd, 2020 3rd- Emmanuel Sanders) AND Arik Armstead, George Kittle, Deforest Buckner and a bunch of other guys need new contracts. Not to mention Emmanuel Sanders needs a new contract as well, or they're essentially throwing away that 2020 3rd.

Trent Taylor and Jalen Hurd should be back. They need to extend Sanders and coach up the guys they have. It sucks because this is an excellent WR class coming up, but it is what it is. They don't have the picks nor cap space.

Last edited:
No, I don't believe they can nor will. They've invested four day-two draft picks in two years in wide receivers(2018 2nd - Dante Pettis, 2019 2nd - Deebo Samuel, 2019 3rd - Jalen Hurd, 2020 3rd- Emmanuel Sanders) AND Arik Armstead, George Kittle, Deforest Buckner and a bunch of other guys need new contracts. Not to mention Emmanuel Sanders needs a new contract as well, or they're essentially throwing away that 2020 3rd.

Trent Taylor and Jalen Hurd will be back. They need to extend Sanders and coach up the guys they have. It sucks because this is an excellent WR class coming up, but it is what it is. They don't have the picks nor cap space.
I definitely think this is the case. I hope Sanders stays. It is a great situation on a team that will give him a good chance to win before hanging them up.

Kittle is a no brainer. As far as Armstead and Buckner goes, I am curious to see how they maneuver that. Armsteads is making a huge case for a tag.

Trent Taylor and Jalen Hurd should be back. They need to extend Sanders and coach up the guys they have. It sucks because this is an excellent WR class coming up, but it is what it is. They don't have the picks nor cap space.

There’s picks just not enough, but if you look there’s not a lot of holes to fill so I do see them drafting a WR. Undrafted market has been kind to the 49ers too so I see them doing that.

Jimmy was blitzed on 21/26 of his dropbacks

The blueprint is out

Offense still looked good in the rain. It’s a easy fix call quick route plays hope Jimmy gets the ball out and let the playmakers make plays.

Agree. Offense looked fine. No issues with Jimmy, other than that fumble. I mean can't really blame it on him, he was taking the sack. Just got punched out.

Pats didn't looks too good yesterday. Maybe we see a sluggish Seahawks team today :emoji_fingers_crossed:

Here's the thing that bothers me though....

If the weather was bright and shiny, would we still have limited the Ravens to 20 points and would our O have scored a lot more than 17 points?

It's a game of inches and the fact our ends kept biting on the inside fake hand off instead of keying in on LJ worries me a bit. I'm sure Pete C and Russell W know about this and may take advantage week 17

Plus we had our run game going strong yet I dont see no highlights where we went play action and was successful at it.

i think it was clear what our game plan was in regards to those zone read plays, commit to the rb. While Lamar didnt gash us he did enough to keep the sticks moving which hurts just as much. Wish we would have adjusted that a bit after seeing how often he was keeping it but he made some good reads with how hard we were committing and in fairness we were still in position to win the game late and just couldnt get it done on that 4th and 1. The one issue i do have is not trusting Mostert and that o line to go and get us one yard with how well the run game and blocking were going. Gotta give credit to Tucker making that FG in **** conditions when it would have been a tough one in great conditions

hopefully Minny can help us out tonight

i think it was clear what our game plan was in regards to those zone read plays, commit to the rb. While Lamar didnt gash us he did enough to keep the sticks moving which hurts just as much. Wish we would have adjusted that a bit after seeing how often he was keeping it but he made some good reads with how hard we were committing and in fairness we were still in position to win the game late and just couldnt get it done on that 4th and 1. The one issue i do have is not trusting Mostert and that o line to go and get us one yard with how well the run game and blocking were going. Gotta give credit to Tucker making that FG in **** conditions when it would have been a tough one in great conditions

hopefully Minny can help us out tonight
We were running down each others throat all night, and we were in prime position to score and keep the ball.

Kyle is a genius but he stays getting cute with the play calls in tight situations. the same thing happened against Seattle.

This shows even more how horrible the play call was. You gonna pass on 4th and 1, but dont even do any sort of fake hand off to Mostert out of the gun to keep the defensive linemen grounded and guessing. Smh.

Let's say the pass doesnt get tipped, I bet it's an incomplete to Kittle because 1) Earl Thomas read the entire play and was already in position to defend the pass, and 2) Not only did Jimmy TELEGRAPH it, he also threw it too late, which Thomas probably would've intercepted.

Ima be honest....right now, from what I'm seeing, Kyle is prone to choking under pressure against the elite teams and it's so important for the Niners to secure home field in the playoffs. You dont want to play the Saints in the NFC title game at NO, where I'm damn sure ain't no way the Saints gonna blow 2 conference title games 2 years in a row at home. And we already know we dont like playing in Seattle in the playoffs either cause more often than not it's a L.

The real season starts now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom