:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really wish we would have committed to Lamar instead of the RB on those zone reads after he started hurting us. Hes a freak but he had a lot of running room all day

played those guys tough though fellas, thats a very good team we played in some tough conditions on the road.

holding lamar to 14/23 for 105yds was great but those 101 rushing yards he got were brutal keeping the chains moving. All in all not a bad performance, our 4th and 1 goes differently or we stop them on theirs we could very well be celebrating a W right now

Although weve only lost by a total of 6 points in both games, one thing that does concern me is how similar the two losses were in terms of bad penalties and clock management/play calling. To be honest that Deebo TD on 4th and 2 was quite lucky and although Kittle was open on that late 4th and 1 i feel like with how Mostert was running the ball we could have trusted him and that line to get a yard.

onto the next one tho fellas, Lamar is a beast and this is the first week I didnt see our dline consistently getting pressure. Credit to their oline as well. Brees will be in for a tough day next week

That's the scrape exchange. The LB or SS stacked behind him was supposed to take the QB. They really struggled with that vs Lamar.

d43205cae76bc61a6ef20ac3829c3efb_crop_exact.png

That's the scrape exchange. The LB or SS stacked behind him was supposed to take the QB. They really struggled with that vs Lamar.

d43205cae76bc61a6ef20ac3829c3efb_crop_exact.png

damn, if that’s what was supposed with to happen it was executed terribly

Yup, they executed it very poorly. Lamar is really ******* good at being deceptive with the ball at the mesh point and knowing when to keep and when to go. That coupled with the fact that the defense needs bodies to stop the power running with Mark Ingram makes it even harder to stop.

The 49ers' wide 9 scheme is not designed to stop the run. It sacrifices run defense for pass rush.

Yup, they executed it very poorly. Lamar is really ****ing good at being deceptive with the ball at the mesh point and knowing when to keep and when to go. That coupled with the fact that the defense needs bodies to stop the power running with Mark Ingram makes it even harder to stop.

The 49ers' wide 9 scheme is not designed to stop the run. It sacrifices run defense for pass rush.
What’s the issue with crashing on LJ every time? He’s faster and shiftier than Ingram so his big play potential outweighs the power run up the middle. At least in my mind it is, so if Harbaugh wants to keep putting LJ in harm’s way then anything that happens to him can’t be blamed on us or any defense looking to stop him.

What’s the issue with crashing on LJ every time? He’s faster and shiftier than Ingram so his big play potential outweighs the power run up the middle. At least in my mind it is, so if Harbaugh wants to keep putting LJ in harm’s way then anything that happens to him can’t be blamed on us or any defense looking to stop him.

I would prefer that as well, but I guess Saleh prefers the scrape exchange.

I fully expect to embarrass the Saints offense next week.

Brees is a damn statue. Our Dline must be licking their chops.
I expect to see the DL feast again.

seeing this DLine get to pin its ears back and rush QBs without having to worry about containment is so damn satisfying. niners might've lost today but this defense showed that it's built for a deep run in the playoffs.

Also shoutout Marcell Harris making that amazing play when he gangk’d it from Lamar, that was huge

Was I the only one who noticed Marcell Harris almost blow out Defo's knees? Dude is a hitter, but he needs to play in control. He's reckless as ****.

This team has played in the best regular season games this year, unfortunately both ended in losses but it’s not like they were outclassed in either game. Nobody likes losing obviously but here’s hoping that these experiences pay off down the road.

Man **** the ravens and especially **** that secondary... jimmy smith talking bout how we gonna enjoy that flight home and not the fact his boys in the back field got *****ed all game long.

**** those dudes.

Back
Top Bottom