:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm watching the Eagles/Colts game, and I cant help but wonder what would Chip Kelly do with this roster? I love how he schemes outside of the box and puts his players in position to succeed. Watching how fast the Eagles get to the line and snap the ball must blow G-ro's mind. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
I'm watching the Eagles/Colts game, and I cant help but wonder what would Chip Kelly do with this roster? I love how he schemes outside of the box and puts his players in position to succeed. Watching how fast the Eagles get to the line and snap the ball must blow G-ro's mind. :smh:  
Was thinking the same thing. We need some of his creativity because his offense is like QB for dummies.

Was J Martin that horrible on Miami my goodness. Also i think Harbough needs get Hyde some touches with him n gore and get the PA going passes down the field however preesure to Kaep isnt really helping

@Edwerderespn

#Cardinals QB Carson Palmer tells me nerve injury in his shoulder prevents him from properly gripping or throwing football right now

As of now it looks like Stanton could be starting again. Niners NEED to take this game on the road.

Such a bad loss against the Bears, but that's now over and and done with.  We need to pressure and blitz Stanton on Sunday.  

Not gonna lie, the "Sackorpick" jokes bothered me this weekend.

But I'm ready to break out this celebration when San Fran wins the next four.
View media item 1183162
I'll admit I placed too much early pressure and value on Ward and Dontae Johnson as rookies. NFL secondaries are a learning process, both will be worthy contributors from 2015 and beyond with T-Brock and Reid.

I'm watching the Eagles/Colts game, and I cant help but wonder what would Chip Kelly do with this roster? I love how he schemes outside of the box and puts his players in position to succeed. Watching how fast the Eagles get to the line and snap the ball must blow G-ro's mind. 
mean.gif

Was thinking the same thing. We need some of his creativity because his offense is like QB for dummies.
it really is.. the pressure he puts on a defense laterally and horizontally.. makes the reads extremely easy for the QB

because he attacks from varying sections of the field in the passing game.. and with the pressure he puts on the defense with the running game.. the QB just has to read the safety and then something should be coming open..

using speed just makes it that much easier, since you cant mask your coverage

it's like the read option of the passing game, where the QB just has to read the DE.. but speaking on that, if we had a QB who could run 4.6-7 they would be getting 30+ runs at a time (foles ran 5.14)

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, the "Sackorpick" jokes bothered me this weekend.

But I'm ready to break out this celebration when San Fran wins the next four.

I'll admit I placed too much early pressure and value on Ward and Dontae Johnson as rookies. NFL secondaries are a learning process, both will be worthy contributors from 2015 and beyond with T-Brock and Reid.
I blame Vic Fangio more than I blame Jimmie on those touchdowns, but Jimmie needed to maintain inside leverage on a couple of those TDs. 

Marc Trestman, being the savy football guru that he is, saw that Fangio was going to leave Ward isolated, maned up inside with whomever so Trestman moved Marshall to the slot and it was done deal from there. Why the **** wasn't the coverage rolled?! I think they had him bracketed, but bethea jumped the inside route and left jimmie 1 on 1 with Marshall on one of those TDs. I mean he had Marshall run a freaken fade from the slot 1 on 1 with Jimmie. 
mean.gif

5'10 rookie DB vs 6'5 veteran beast FROM THE SLOT. Trestman must of been drooling. Fangio left Jimmie hung out to dry. 

Entire secondary looked gassed late in the game. Eric Reid was tripping over himself, Cox couldn't catch a ball that was right in his hands, etc. Pass rush was GARBAGE.

Last edited:
I blame Vic Fangio more than I blame Jimmie on those touchdowns.

Marc Trestman, being the savy football guru that he is, saw that Fangio was going to leave Ward isolated, maned up inside with whomever so Trestman moved Marshall to the slot and it was done deal from there. Why the **** wasn't the coverage rolled?! I mean he had Marshall run a freaken fade from the slot with no help at all for Jimmie. Wtf. :smh:

5'10 rookie DB vs 6'5 veteran beast. Trestman must of been drooling.

Entire secondary looked gassed late in the game. Eric Reid was tripping over himself, Cox couldn't catch a ball that was right in his hands, etc. Pass rush was GARBAGE and left the DBs out to dry.

Can't really blame Jimmy either for all the TDs. He was in BMarsh's pocket but size trumped that.

On BMarsh's 3rd TD, I thought I saw Bethea shaded help between him and Alshon and whatever route combo that was took Bethea towards Jeffrey and iso'd Jimmy on BMarsh.

The lack of a pass rush is really starting to worry me more than anything else on defense. The DBs, especially Cox, could've had multiple picks on Cutler but just dropped 'em too. Can't hold up forever when you always have a short field.

It was a snag concept. Bathea assignment was the RB, jumped the snag route and left Jimmie Ward isolated on the corner/fade.

I heard there's an app where you can see the all-22? I NEED THAT

Jonathan Martin has no business playing tackle in this league. He simply doesn't have the feet, coordination or the mental fortitude in pass protection. If I were opposing defenses i'd overload his side as much as possible.

Last edited:
Can Boone play RT so we can put Looney back at RG.

Looks like Anthony Davis' best scenario to play Sunday is by splitting time with Martin and even that seems unrealistic cause he hasn't practiced at all.

It was a snag concept. Bathea assignment was the RB, jumped the snag route and left Jimmie Ward isolated on the corner/fade.

I heard there's an app where you can see the all-22? I NEED THAT

Jonathan Martin has no business playing tackle in this league. He simply doesn't have the feet, coordination or the mental fortitude in pass protection. If I were opposing defenses i'd overload his side as much as possible.

I have NFL rewind and it has an all-22 option. Need to subscribe though.

On that first INT, all Kap had to do was look left first and then throw. Looks like they were playing cover 3 sky and the post would of been a easy throw. I dont get whether its being lazy, too much confidence in his arm or not understanding the coverage?

2nd int - ball could have been placed better and crabs had to bat it down, but kyle fuller +1.

3rd int - kap should of stepped up into the pocket instead of escaping. great play by fuller as well.

kap is going to respond in a big way this sunday! i feel it!

Last edited:
On that first INT, all Kap had to do was look left first and then throw. Looks like they were playing cover 3 sky and the post would of been a easy throw. I dont get whether its being lazy, too much confidence in his arm or not understanding the coverage?

2nd int - ball could have been placed better and crabs had to bat it down, but kyle fuller +1.

3rd int - kap should of stepped up into the pocket instead of escaping. great play by fuller as well.

kap is going to respond in a big way this sunday! i feel it!

He said (can't remember the interview) that he knew they were in a cover 3 so I think he was too confident in his arm. My seat was the end zone view and I even yelled "Go to Q!!!" and that would've been a TD if it weren't for Conte's incredible play. Reminded me of running 4 verticals in Madden :lol:.

The 3rd Int was the most frustrating because the previous week he stepped up in the pocket for that pass to Boldin.

I'm with you, he's going to respond well too and he'll be more consistent as the season goes on especially with all of the media flack, chatter, etc.

Edit:

Too bad he went to Crabby on the last play. Oh well.

View media item 1184516

Last edited:
^^ I guess he had to throw it to crabs, it would a been an awesome bday if he caught that ball.

I notice this year the Niners have started out strong in the games and seem to cruise in the 2nd half. While compare it to the previous years, starting out slow and finishing strong to win it. Just an observation...

Saw a funny pic the other day w/ spongebob and squidward. Squidward being kap. And caption saying, And u thought u were going to win squidward. Funny but at the same time damn u who created that. Lol.

Cheers to a better Sunday! Go Niners.

Somebody messaged me today and asked how to identify whether it's cover 1 or cover 3 because they look similar so here are some dead giveaways if youre interested:

cover 1

1.) single high safety, but can ROAM freely/lurk

2.) DBs/LBs are maned up(line up across/very near the person they're covering) and play head up(eyes on person they're covering before and AFTER the snap)

3.) when a player is shifted or motioned and DB/LB mirrors(follows) them.

cover 3

1.) single high safety responsible for centerfield zone

2.) DBs are playing ~5 yd off of WR and sometimes slightly outside(to funnel routes into their safety)

3.) the obvious giveaway: the DBs are peeking at the QB sometimes before, but always AFTER the snap

4.) when a player is shifted or motioned and nobody in coverage mirrors them its zone coverage or in this case cover 3.

cover 3 is a zone concept and cover 1 is a man/under concept. most of the time it wont be this easy to recognize, but when you see the above, you'll know what the coverage is.

Last edited:
there we go

btw i'm starting to think ray's girl might be crazy...apparently she got a gun and did who knows what with it when the cops came to their house.

wouldn't put it past ol girl to have been doing something crazy for her to get those bruises. at least that's what my inner monk tells me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom