:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
 @Eric_Branch 16s
Per @PFF, #49ers LB Corey Lemonier has yet to register a QB pressure in 50 pass rushes this season.
Aside from the Cowboy, pass rush was PATHETIC last night. Cutler was 5-step and 7-step dropping all night with no worries.

Let #Lynchmobb rush from the weak side plz

Last edited:
Lol at the rustled Jimmies. Obviously my comment was a tongue in cheek frustration comment. But does Kap even look outside of Crab when he needs a clutch play???
pretty sure he likes to stare down boldin on 3rd downs. 

The problem with Kap is the inconsistency. I saw plenty of plays where he was going through his progression and reading the coverage correctly; however, there were plenty of times where he had tunnel vision, regardless of what the coverage was and tried to force a throw. 

on a side note, how good did Kyle Fuller look? I know there were a couple of us in here who really liked him.

Last edited:
Levi's Stadium was :pimp: in person
VTA was convenient but the trains were stoopid packed and the transfer station train took forever.
Stadium app has potential, but had issues with the wifi.

As for the game, just terrible all around. One play that sticks out to me- Kap had Stevie open on a corner route in the endzone and badly overthrew the pass :x

Oh, and Jonathan Martin :stoneface:

The problem with Kap is the inconsistency. I saw plenty of plays where he was going through his progression and reading the coverage correctly; however, there were plenty of times where he had tunnel vision, regardless of what the coverage was and tried to force a throw. 

on a side note, how good did Kyle Fuller look? I know there were a couple of us in here who really liked him.

Fuller looked good in person. Very agressive and quick. During the 2nd half, I was telling my bro in law that Tillman may not get his starting spot back..if he comes back.

Game was terrible.

Jonathan Martin is butter on a hot day soft. Dude is just terrible.
Greg Roman- please stop with the stupid *** read option. It hasn't worked since 2012 against green bay. This dude can't be that arrogant. I hope someone hires him in the offseason.
Kaep- why the **** are you still staring at your targets?
Someone needs to tell Vic that it's ok to blitz some damn times. Smh
Game was all around frustrating. The penalties were just ridiculous. Nfl really needs to so something about automatic first down. Jimmie Ward was getting that work too. But he's a rook, so...

I have yet to rewatch the game on tv, so my interpretation of things that happened might be slightly off.....

With that being said, I hae a question about Kap's interception that he threw to Crabtree.  In person, it looked like the throw was fine but the DB basically ripped the ball out of Crabtree's hands. 

Am I off on this?  Can someone confirm?

I have yet to rewatch the game on tv, so my interpretation of things that happened might be slightly off.....

With that being said, I hae a question about Kap's interception that he threw to Crabtree.  In person, it looked like the throw was fine but the DB basically ripped the ball out of Crabtree's hands. 

Kyle Fuller sat on the out route, basically goes to bat the ball down and it ends up bouncing right into his hands. The throw was could of been placed better by Kap, but great play by the DB and lucky bounce.

Last edited:
Im not worried, kaep always bounces back after a bad game. Worried about the oline tho, and they really missing aldon with the qb pressure.

They should not start V mcdonald no more, carrier look way better than dude ever did

And kap needa to stop throwing it to crab on 4th down.... Jesus.

Last edited:

Kyle Fuller was playing outside leverage, sat on the out route, basically goes to bat the ball down and it ends up bouncing right into his hands. The throw was could of been placed better by Kap, but great play by the DB and lucky bounce.
Not that I am trying to take any of the blame off of Kap, because it was truly his worst performance as a pro....but 2 of Kap's turnovers were basically incredible plays by the defense.  That first interception was unreal.  Full extension diving catch?  Incredible play.

I wonder if Boone can play RT? Also, I'd like to see Tank next to Justin in the nickel. Let him rush off the edge from a 3-point stance like he did at FSU. Enough of Lemonier.

Last edited:

I wonder if Boone can play RT? Also, I'd like to see Tank next to Justin in the nickel. Let that fool rush from a 3-point stance like he did at FSU. Enough of Lemonier.
Yep.  Done with Lemonier.  Not sure if you guys posted this or have seen this:
Per @PFF, #49ers LB Corey Lemonier has yet to register a QB pressure in 50 pass rushes this season.
SMFH.

Not that I am trying to take any of the blame off of Kap, because it was truly his worst performance as a pro....but 2 of Kap's turnovers were basically incredible plays by the defense.  That first interception was unreal.  Full extension diving catch?  Incredible play.
Yeah, Chicago's secondary made some big plays. Kyle Fuller looked like a stud out there.

Kap needs to chill out after a INT. Dude is on the sideline huffing and puffing, making things worse for himself.

Last edited:
On a positive note: Ian Williams, Ray Mac and Justin were excellent in run defense. Going to need the same next week vs AZ because Ellington is no slouch.

If Fangio is going to isolate Jimmie in the slot, look for AZ to exploit the mismatch and put Larry Fitzgerald inside.

Last edited:
@Eric_Branch 16s

Aside from the Cowboy, pass rush was PATHETIC last night. Cutler was 5-step and 7-step dropping all night with no worries.

Let #Lynchmobb rush from the weak side plz

Does Lemonier even know more than one pass rush move? Lynch looked wayyy more experienced in the limited snaps he had rushing the passer.

I said yesterday that they needed to use Tank and Dial more. If you are going to have them active they need to play more than a handful of plays.

Quote:
  • “Out of 47 outside linebackers in our Pass Rush Productivity Rating, after two weeks the 49ers group consists of Lynch (21st), Skuta (27th), Brooks (36th), and Lemonier (T-last).”
  • “Lemonier has yet to register a QB pressure in 50 pass rushes this season.”
  • “Five of the ten QB pressures recorded by the 49ers last night were by Justin Smith.”
  • “Ahmad Brooks did not register a QB pressure in 27 pass rushes last night.”
Lynch is the best outside linebacker so far, but he’s awfully raw. Ahmad Brooks was supposed to be the guy who increased his already strong production with Aldon out for an extended period, but he showed up to camp out of shape and hasn’t done much of anything. Skuta played well in Dallas and has performed about as well as can be expected for a converted middle linebacker who was known mostly for his special teams work before signing with the 49ers. Lemonier literally hasn’t done anything besides get flagged for illegal hands to the face. Last year’s third round pick is only in there to rush the passer, and he’s been beaten each time. Along with Brooks’ age-30 slide, Lemonier’s regression from “decent rookie” to “where the hell is he?” has to be driving Vic Fangio nuts.
Like I said a couple pages back, I am extremely disapointed in Lemonier's development as a pass rusher. 
mean.gif

I'd like to see something like this in nickel

Lynch Dial Justin Tank

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom