OFFICIAL RAP BATTLE THREAD: Hitman Holla vs. Aye Verb p.12

How did Serious Jones slip into legendary status ?

How many definite wins does he have ? ( Jin :lol: )

His only strength is halfway decent free styling and that's it, very little wordplay, not witty, no flow etc etc etc. If anyone in battle rap is overrated its him.

how many definite wins does Mook have ? i would call his Serius Jones , Jae Millz , Party Arty and Lux battles all debatable

I didn't mention Mook at all nice deflection :lol: , way to answer a question with a question.

You could list Serius's classics or debatable battles if u like, other than the obvious one with Mook. :nerd:

I didn't mention Mook at all nice deflection :lol: , way to answer a question with a question.

You could list Serius's classics or debatable battles if u like, other than the obvious one with Mook. :nerd:

im not deflecting at all , im questioning your logic by bringing up someone who we would all consider a "legend" who doesnt have a lot of clear wins either

Jones is a legend because of how influential he was in making battle rap more mainstream . him destroying Jin at the fight klub was also unprecedented -- at that time Jin was one of the top guys in battle rap without question and Jones obliterated him . he also had a debatable with Mook , who again at the time was one of the top dudes in the scene (if not the top dude)

Last edited:
The Iron Solomon battle showed that Mook is ******g garbage. And as good as Lux did he still choked in the first round. I wouldn't consider this legendary.

An Unpopular Opinion Follows.

I **** with Mook for the fact that he has been in the ring with and held his own with some legendary dudes...

However his only CLEAR wins on camera was against that bum Yung Hot and that snooze fest with Solomon.

Last edited:

im not deflecting at all , im questioning your logic by bringing up someone who we would all consider a "legend" who doesnt have a lot of clear wins either

Jones is a legend because of how influential he was in making battle rap more mainstream . him destroying Jin at the fight klub was also unprecedented -- at that time Jin was one of the top guys in battle rap without question and Jones obliterated him . he also had a debatable with Mook , who again at the time was one of the top dudes in the scene (if not the top dude)

That's exactly what deflection is fam instead on answering my question you asked a question instead.

Just say you like Serius and leave it at that , no need for a massive reach trying to credit him with taking a part in making battle rap mainstream. That Jin battle barely registered a blip on the radar, nothing historic in battle rap occurred that night.

It takes a lot more than 2 battles to make a legend his résumé isn't there imo.

At least Mook has classics to debate, he far from bulletproof...I think Millz and Lux beat Mook.

That's exactly what deflection is fam instead on answering my question you asked a question instead.

Just say you like Serius and leave it at that , no need for a massive reach trying to credit him with taking a part in making battle rap mainstream. That Jin battle barely registered a blip on the radar, nothing historic in battle rap occurred that night.

It takes a lot more than 2 battles to make a legend his résumé isn't there imo.

At least Mook has classics to debate, he far from bulletproof...I think Millz and Lux beat Mook.

yep -- we'll agree to disagree . although you have to give Serius his props for coming up with the multiple choice ; one of the best schemes thats ever been seen in battle rap history

:lol:

Last edited:
my personal OPINION

I like the whole DOT mob because they were from the era i got into battle rap.

Same goes for Jones. His fight club battles were classics in their own right. Him vs Clipps was horrible to me i feel like he tried to stay with his old school ways that dont work now,

Take for example Old school Rappers that come out with music that sounds like they are still in the early 90s No one wants to hear that.

jones is def a legend, his style of rap changed how people approached battles

and him beating jin was def a big deal, jones beat jin and mook and most feel he beat clips

mook had huge battles but I feel he lost damn near all of em, he lost to lux, jones, millz and prolly even arty (rip)

Mook lost that P-80 battle?  Nah, yall bugging.  I watched that battle too many times.  Mook won that.  Mook lost a round or two (I think it was like 6 rounds), but he did win that.

out of curiosity , what battles are you guys talking about when you mention that you think Serius is corny/wack ?

Every battle I've watched of him has been wack, including the Jin one. 

he killed jin how was that wack
he is a legend because of his fight klub run and his battle against mook
Only reason he is kinda trash now is his style is dated
I have to wait till after his next battle to see if he adjusted
and is able to "snapback in to a new era he aint fitted fo'"

Man if this wasnt proof that we need neutral venues then IDK what is. This was PURE sackriding and hate from this crowd man. I cant stand Arsonal at all, but he clearly dominated this battle from the jump and the crowd acted like he wasnt saying anything, and were hyping up Verbs mediocre bars.

This is seriously a disgrace. Ars 3-0'd him and not a ooh was uttered. NEUTRAL VENUES PLEASE. This might be a blessing in disguise though, this is what needed to happen. We needed someone to get bodied in their own city and have the crowd act like it didnt happen for people to push for neutral venues.

Verb let me down man
mean.gif

Last edited:
before i make my decision on this battle i just stopped at the end of ars 3rd round, and MY :x son just took verb for a roller coaster ride with no harness.

Might have to watch this a couple to decipher the dope lines vs the meh ones

okay im back, so hey aye verb lost but IMO i think he is aiming for someone else, like a mook or a lux two bad both have chosen their opponents for this year.
Maybe serious jones but i dont see him beating him, its funny because aye verb is one of my favorites battlers, sucks his aims got soul swiped by lux like the
soulja boy of battling.

I cant lie im so interested in them Philly cats coming back to the scene, i feel like out of no where they got side swiped by Jersey and STL when they was way better
than NY back in them smack days.

And to be real antidope that was a neutral venue, you cant make hardcore rap fans root for the other team but at least they aint boo and
stop the artist from getting their rhymes to the tape for people can judge the battle, NY crowds be treating the battles like monday night war.

Last edited:
And to be real antidope that was a neutral venue, you cant make hardcore rap fans root for the other team but at least they aint boo and
stop the artist from getting their rhymes to the tape for people can judge the battle, NY crowds be treating the battles like monday night war.
This is a solid point. NY fans are the absolute worst. This was still bad though, I expected bias going in, but the crowd really was acting like Verb was having the battle of his life. 

Back
Top Bottom