***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I told y'all this would happen.
219cb9375c9f4b03f9284ce9f1937e3c.gif

"VOTE LESSER OF TWO EVILS OR ELSE"

MEANWHILE THE MAGA CROWD LIKE
tenor (1).gif
What are you talking about?

Is this the dreaded "blue state bailout" we've been hearing so much about? GOP donors sending $3 million to a blue state to increase Biden's margin of victory?

giphy.gif

You voted for this, dwalk31 dwalk31 .

As I catch up with this thread, I'm struck by the inconsistency of those rushing to fill the contrarian power vacuum.

Let me see if I have this straight: we mustn't seek meaningful police reform (much less reparations), because "the data" tell us that this is unpopular, and it would be political malpractice to try and actually lead on the basis of values rather than follow in the footsteps of small-n public opinion polling.

Oh, but we also should abandon gun control, because this year, with media coverage of mass shootings in stark decline, public support for gun control reached a recent nadir of *checks notes* 57%.

Meanwhile, the Republican platform includes such "popular" policies as overturning Roe v. Wade, eliminating protection for those with pre-existing conditions, ending DACA, lowering taxes for the wealthy, and opposing marriage equality.

Seems like we've got ourselves some Daryl Morey caliber analytics in play here. In this case, "Moneyball" means conveniently realigning with the corporatists, now frenziedly grasping the reigns to halt the momentum of runaway human decency, lest we screw around and manage to effect actual change.

If these unctuous, selectively "data driven" ideologues have their way, the 2028 election will be between Judge Jeanine and John Kasich.

see you at the crossroads.jpg

Pick a lane.

Catching up as well.

Have not disclosed my votes but I did support Trump this election cycle.

I am now supporting the Dems in their efforts to flip the senate.

But I am against the death penalty, in every circumstance. And I’ve been consistent on that point.

these dudes got a playbook... and they ain’t moving off that for NADA

just see the confirmation hearing for the zealot when Dems were supposed to attack her faith but didn’t... so then republicans had to AND then defend her

and now they’re attacking the black man in Georgia who actually is a pastor for speaking from the Bible

and dwalk31 dwalk31 was faithful for years in spite

Good thing I’m not supporting them any longer.

Actually supporting Warnock in his run.

Nah. You just like to win.
:lol:

Yep, I'm the one that just likes to win. Me

That is why I am randomly coming into a thread weeks after a debate popped off, to claim I was right all along, while I completely misrepresenting the other side's position.

Oh yeah, that's not me. That's you

Seems like you are still upset I didn't let your hot takes cook in here unchecked. And now you want to come back around and complain some more.

What would happen? You haven’t specified what said event is yet
Y'all tryna be cute.
We clearly talking about the transition not going smoothly. Y'all thought that spoon full of "lesser of two evils syrup" was the remedy when I was being ganged up on like I am now for pointing out that the problems are much bigger.

Republicans are ****, and will continue to be ****

We all know they want to turn this country into an even bigger oppressive ****hole for marginalized groups, that doesn't mean people should fight them for every inch.

Power begets power. The reason the GOP has so much power is because Democratic-leaning voters thought midterms didn't matter, and conservatives knew they did.

The fight that lasted 1980-2020, conservatives won, it ****ing sucks. But folk gotta get focused on fighting for the next 40 years. If they don't, it will be way worse than folk imagine now.

:emoji_thinking:

Hell, simple.

wr wr quote my comments saying that there would be a smooth transition and the Trump cult would accept the results if Biden won

If I said that, I would happily apologize and say you were right.

I'm lost, ya'll gon have to pull quotes because this seems made up. Who expected a smooth transition enough to argue it, and how does that affect the "lesser of 2 evils" when Biden will be sworn in on Jan?
My stance has always been that the lesser of two evils approach was a bad a tactic and the transition won't be smooth. I was relaying the tension that was going on. Most people were told to put their personal ideals aside and come together and vote this man out. I pointed out in my post today how that didn't work.

Rust quoted me , talked all slick only to agree and act like he stated the same thing earlier only to say I'm talking out my a**.

More lying? Famb this is what you said about my comments...

Mainly you. You acted like all these anti government folks would actually respect the voting process.

I clearly didn't do this. So there was no basis for your attempt at the I told you so.

Also talking slick? this was my first comment to you...

What are you talking about?

So after you complete lie about my comments. I'm required to coddle said lies?

:lol:

Last edited:
Rename the thread to Rusty and Friends political views. Because there is a lack of diversity of opinions going on in here. And Rusty, I don't like the way you jump on people's opinions that are different from yours.

You are not a moderator.

Back
Top Bottom