***Official Political Discussion Thread***

🛻
E98DFAAA-3841-43A7-BD91-5E9A434074A5.jpeg

So, Obama, has some interviews dropping on Snapchat over the next few days. In one of them, he made a point that political candidates should avoid using snappy slogans like defund the police because you instantly lose people the minute you say it.

He didn't blame the slogan for the Dems losses, he didn't say Dems should give up on reforms, he didn't even say activists should not say it. In fact, he argued in the Breakfast club interview that the roles of activists and politicians are different. So you can't expect one to behave like the other, each plays a role.

However, like anything Obama said, online leftists are losing their minds over it. Acting like Obama is throwing activists under the bus.

For some reason, Cori Bush and Ilhan Omar threw fire on flame and acted like Obama was disregarding the concerns of people that want reforms.

To be honest, my head is starting to ******* hurt from this entire conversation because people are just talking past one another. I will have to hear Obama's full statement but from what I read combined with comments he made in other places I am inclined to agree with him. It is unreasonable to demand activists, real activists, to make numerous calculations about how everything that comes out their mouth will affect the Dems chances in swing districts. That is not, and should not be their job.

But on the flip side, I am fine with politicians making those calculations on how their rhetoric will affect their electoral chances because that is literally their job. I don't need a Democratic candidate to say defunded the police, I need them to support the positive reforms that activists do that will improve the system. They want to message it differently, then cool, but don't come whining to me after the fact talking about the rhetoric of your voters did you in.

Last edited:
Yo so the trumper keeps saying something about Project Veritas...

there’s no amount of proof, they won’t even admit he’s an ******* and indifferent when it comes to race.

wild that the guy you commit crimes for asks you to donate significant sums of money if you want him to give you a pass for the aforementioned crimes. :lol::lol:

These are the same people who say this:
t2p084z61r261.jpg
there’s a group of people considered “third world slave-class”?? might as well take the proud boys route and stop pretending you’re not racists....

Just wanna offer belated congrats to Jacinda Ardern on landslide second term. Embodiment of true leadership in NZ. Christchurch shooting response, handling of COVID-19 and most recently declaring climate change emergency. All while pregnant and raising first child during her first term. Bit of a sapiosexual, so Jacinda most definitely political bae. :emoji_heart_eyes:

Just wanna offer belated congrats to Jacinda Ardern on landslide second term. Embodiment of true leadership in NZ. Christchurch shooting response, handling of COVID-19 and most recently declaring climate change emergency. All while pregnant and raising first child during her first term. Bit of a sapiosexual, so Jacinda most definitely political bae. :emoji_heart_eyes:
Appreciate the compliments but hands off -- Jacinda Bae is mine!

Clarke's just a front. I'm her real man.

Based Jesus Based Jesus has already proposed marriage to AOC.

I would suggest Betsy DeVos but aepps20 aepps20 is in love with her.

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford is trying to get back with Tomi Lahren but maybe you could pull a Malik Beasley with her.

Betsy is the dime of dimes. The HANDSOME of the Handsome. She's very attractive and very rich.

Back
Top Bottom