***Official Political Discussion Thread***

What did your church say about the election? I left my previous church (Baptist) in 2016 after I was approached by a group from the church who was registering voters after services. I appreciated what they were doing until they told my wife and I that it was time to get the Muslims out of the White House. Called the guy out and never went back. Had been a member for five years. Thankfully the church we moved to does not get involved with partisan politics.

I attend one of those White Evangelical Churches so they've been all in on the Trump Train. My wife and I almost exclusively go to her church now (Black Baptist) and the vibe is so much better.

Ben Carson could not handle Obama's ascent and replacing him as the symbolic pinnacle of black excellence in America

He used his clout to tear down Obama during the ACA debate in 2009.

Then just descended further, and further into buffoonery.

I swear Obama's rise undercut so much of the nonsense black conservatives believe in that they went loony.

I attend one of those White Evangelical Churches so they've been all in on the Trump Train. My wife and I almost exclusively go to her church now (Black Baptist) and the vibe is so much better.

You don’t have to go back.

We had multiple issues (church wanted to protest the public schools acknowledgement of transgender rights, lots of homophobic stuff snuck in, allusions to evil people in power anytime Obama would do something). They weren’t using these current events to push Jesus, they were using Jesus to push a political agenda. Feel bad for my friends that still go there.

You don’t have to go back.

We had multiple issues (church wanted to protest the public schools acknowledgement of transgender rights, lots of homophobic stuff snuck in, allusions to evil people in power anytime Obama would do something). They weren’t using these current events to push Jesus, they were using Jesus to push a political agenda. Feel bad for my friends that still go there.

I don't plan on it. I'm sticking with my wife's church.

70elimgyl2y51.jpg

Not even sure what options Biden has if this gets struck down

He will be screwed. McConnell will basically say the Dems have to give up on most of ACA's protections in order to keep one or two things in order a new bill passed.

The GOP gets their repeal without having to take any political blowback from it.

20 million people plus losing their insurance over some BS legal argument. **** conservative man :smh:

could yall enlighten me about the runoffs...

it’s some type of special elections but do they start all over again for the candidates involved, or do they just add more votes to the current count to declare a winner?

could yall enlighten me about the runoffs...

it’s some type of special elections but do they start all over again for the candidates involved, or do they just add more votes to current count to declare a winner?
The vote counts start from fresh

There will only be two people on the ballot on each race that way someone will be able to get at least 50% of the vote. Last week their were more than two people on the ballot in each race.

So it is a straight head-to-head election.

Not even sure what options Biden has if this gets struck down

Well he already has his own separate healthcare plan.... This case isn’t about the constitutionality of anything in the ACA. That was confirmed to be constitutional in 2012. This case is only about severability. Ironically, the Obama administration argued against severability when they defended the law in 2012.

Back
Top Bottom