***Official Political Discussion Thread***

this

vs

D6231EFD-EF86-42DA-AEF8-01EEBF3ADA56.jpeg

It’s a crude metric but if the cops think you’re black you’re back in America. It’s not to erase that person’s own feelings and experiences but blackness is defined by whiteness and is used to sort out people as less than human or marked for plunder.

White Supremacists don’t care if you’re ADOS or not, they don’t care if one of your parents was white or south Asian, they definitely don’t care if you’re Dominican.

Harris is black, that’s an easy one.

It’s fine if you don’t like a Biden Harris ticket. But it’s possible that 3 seats will open on the Supreme Court during the next administration. That’s more important than any marginally different policy position a Biden Harris ticket will have compared to if Bernie or Warren won the nomination.

If we measure an economy by stock prices, which has been the most used metric since the 1980’s, Trump was pretty successful.

If we measure an economy based on wages for the median or the wages of the bottom one or two quartiles, the economy was bad before COVID and it was bad before Trump.

I know this game will go one for forever but it’s intellectually dishonest to define the “economy” as the DOW, to then ignore how independent of the president capital is and then play this game of taking credit Or assigning blame for the timing of the stock market.

She ran a terrible campaign despite having significant advantages on paper.

Showed poor political judgement with the Medicare for all flip flop.

Was pretty poor in the debates mostly despite her big Joe Biden attack which she couldn't capitalize on because they have the exact same position on school bussing.

She's not particularly popular in the constituency Joe Biden is actually weak with; Young black people.

And she doesn't appear to have any sincere policy beliefs besides "Kamal Harris should be president."

I call her Mitt Romney because Mitt Romney always looked good on paper but often came of as insincere to the conservative base. Kamala same thing to progressives.

Now maybe I'm wrong and all that doesn't matter. It's totally possible that her lack of upside means she's the least offensive choice to largest amount of democratic party voters.

I'm willing to accept that Im wrong.

I dislike Kamala because her bad campaign offends me as someone who like to see good political tactics and the fact that Joe Biden has selected the next democratic party presidential nominee sooo I would prefer someone better at politics, with a sharper understanding of the problems facing American government...

But I'm willing to admit that normal people don't care about that stuff.

Thanks for the thought out response. It seems to me that you're hyper focused on her campaign performance.

You want to see good political tactics and someone who's "better" at politics in the context of what really amounts to a dog and pony show.

I'm much more interested in data points that relate to actual governance and the ability to construct legislative agenda by transforming societies demands into policy, building an executive branch full of competent appointees that reflect the country's diversity, and the ability to effectively communicate with a range of communities in order to build coalitions.

• Fire
Reactions: wr
I think that Democrats are too reluctant to use the pure unbridled joy of seeing people whom we don’t like utterly crushed and owned. Republicans, use that to smooth over their intra party divisions.

I’d love to see Kamala just be like “I’m not gonna lie, I am more conservative than Bernie and I’m not for M4A but I can offer something way more satisfying, making MAGA dip****s cry, so come on, let’s all make Facebook light up on November 4th. Remember all the crap they talked about participation trophies and how mad it made you, you can throw it back in their faces this year, now who doesn’t want that.”

Harris would have sat in the back of the bus, would have had to use the COLORED bathroom, and then could not use the WHITES ONLY fountains.

She is Black. That whole southeast asian crap is just that, crap. Stop pandering, stop trying to make non Black identifying people feel comfortable. She is a Black woman, one that has a white husband, and I do not have a problem with that either.

Just like Serena Williams stated, she was with brothers, and none wanted to marry her. If a sister finds love with someone from another race, then never compromising who she is ancestrally, identifying with the struggle for Black freedom and empowerment? I am all for her. There is no way that a lightskinned Black woman who went to Howard University, would have been able to dodge brothers looking for a come up, no way in hell. Not in DC.

If white people start to become afraid of her, as they were with The Magnificent First Lady Michelle Obama? Then I know she's forreal.

If not?

I will wait to see how Michelle responds to what is what.

The only desperation I smell is Trump trying to get Kanye in real trouble in order to divert the Black vote away from the Democratic ticket.
The only desperation I smell is Trump kneecapping USPS to win an election.
The only desperation I smell is Trump resorting to Willie Horton type ads to motivate suburban women to vote for him.
I'm just surprised that all of this offends you less than Kamala Harris being picked for the VP spot. I really don't get it.
And where did I say I was offended, snowflake?

She ran a terrible campaign despite having significant advantages on paper.

Showed poor political judgement with the Medicare for all flip flop.

Was pretty poor in the debates mostly despite her big Joe Biden attack which she couldn't capitalize on because they have the exact same position on school bussing.

She's not particularly popular in the constituency Joe Biden is actually weak with; Young black people.

And she doesn't appear to have any sincere policy beliefs besides "Kamal Harris should be president."

I call her Mitt Romney because Mitt Romney always looked good on paper but often came of as insincere to the conservative base. Kamala same thing to progressives.

Now maybe I'm wrong and all that doesn't matter. It's totally possible that her lack of upside means she's the least offensive choice to largest amount of democratic party voters.

I'm willing to accept that Im wrong.

I dislike Kamala because her bad campaign offends me as someone who like to see good political tactics and the fact that Joe Biden has selected the next democratic party presidential nominee sooo I would prefer someone better at politics, with a sharper understanding of the problems facing American government...

But I'm willing to admit that normal people don't care about that stuff.
The man that seriously supported Pete Buttigieg for President list this as a criticism of another candidate

Bruh :lol:

BU BU BUT
she married to a white man...........
...And raised an East Indian woman and disowned buy her father she has been identifying as Indian /Asian for years. She kept inmates in prison beyond their release and refused to release them even when ordered to by the supreme court. She fought against bodycam use on police officers. She opposed investigating fatal shootings of police officers. Black males received 3 times as much solitary confinement she tried and failed to dismiss this complaint, but they still won the lawsuit.

I hate 45 too but I think Biden could have picked the actual devil and people would defend it.

Last edited:
I try not to preach, and I WANT to believe people are rationale actors, but sometimes I wonder...

Anyways, i'd recommend reading the article below and look introspectively...

Some of y'all think you have the moral high ground out here like you Obi Wan but you really Anakin

tumblr_nk1hakraMW1tk496vo9_250.gif

" Another point of disagreement is not factual but involves the ethical/moral principle addressed in 1), sometimes referred to as the “politics of moral witness.” Generally associated with the religious left, secular leftists implicitly invoke it when they reject LEV on the grounds that “a lesser of two evils is still evil.” [...] what needs to be challenged is the assumption that voting should be seen a form of individual self-expression rather than as an act to be judged on its likely consequences, specifically those outlined in 4). The basic moral principle at stake is simple: not only must we take responsibility for our actions, but the consequences of our actions for others are a far more important consideration than feeling good about ourselves. 💯💯:nthat:

While some would suggest extending the critique by noting that the politics of moral witness can become indistinguishable from narcissistic self-agrandizement 👀🧐[...] those reflexively denouncing advocates of LEV on a supposed “moral” basis should consider that their footing on the high ground may not be as secure as they often take for granted to be the case. 🤔🤔🤔 . "

Last edited:
Trump is talking about direct payments to parents of children in closed schools instead of that money going to the district.

Also said kids can't learn sitting on computers all day. The mind melts away. Said we have lots of experience as the same has happened to politicians :rofl:

Chomsky is right about LEV but it’s still disingenuous when Chomsky is cited exactly once every four years for exactly one purpose: to help elect politicians who will do the things that remaining 99% of Chomsky’s works criticize.

The man that seriously supported Pete Buttigieg for President list this as a criticism of another candidate

Bruh :lol:

?

Pete campaign was very very smart and Kamala might be the nominee if she ran as good a campaign as Pete.

He's the only candidate other than Warren who actually talked about the real problem with American politics. Your busted *** legislative process filled veto points and radical conservative supreme court.

Trump is talking about direct payments to parents of children in closed schools instead of that money going to the district.

Also said kids can't learn sitting on computers all day. The mind melts away. Said we have lots of experience as the same has happened to politicians :rofl:

They’re doing disaster capitalism just not even trying to be subtle anymore.

Also, the rank and file MAGA people truly don’t think that COVID is an on going natural disaster. So in their mind, not having an open nail salon or hardware store, not having college football and not having Bryce and Keighleigh in school is just not fair and is all a left wing plot to destroy America.

They’re doing disaster capitalism just not even trying to be subtle anymore.

Also, the rank and file MAGA people truly don’t think that COVID is an on going natural disaster. So in their mind, not having an open nail salon or hardware store, not having college football and not having Bryce and Keighleigh in school is just not fair and is all a left wing plot to destroy America.
Exactly.

And how exactly do Dems plan to combat that type of sentiment. Not from just political supporters, but straight up fans of a celebrity.

I don't think people understand how profitable managing catastrophe's and disasters as an industry are...

Back
Top Bottom