***Official Political Discussion Thread***

To me the takeaway from that poll is liberals don't hate Biden as much as the press would make you think either.

tenor.gif

Every time, **** CNN. How many people they poll?

Since like osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh been saying we are not getting Medicare for All in 2021, 2031, or anytime even remotely soon, I wish we were having a substantive debate over which healthcare reforms we have a serious chance at passing through reconciliation or with 51 votes if the filibuster goes.

Having candidates squabble over M4A is becoming pretty much pointless that this point.

Last edited:
Da Remainers don't have a clue comrade. We Mountain Men, Coal Miners, Blue Collars, Patriots and REAL AMERICANS. They're Soy Bois, Ugly Dudes, Clown Dudes, Broke Bois, Libs, Remainers, Scums, Racists.
I am dead serious when I say this....I have read your post twice now, and still can't believe what I just read.

There's no coming back from this. Dims are toast.

Every time, **** CNN. How many people they poll?

Don't know if this is still the case, but I remember back in 2016 I heard they poll by calling people's landline numbers.

For context both my parents are 60. My mom doesn't have a landline and my dad doesn't answer his because it's all telemarketers. So I can only imagine the demographic of ppl they're actually polling :lol:

Since like osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh been saying we are not getting Medicare for All in 2021, 2031, or anytime even remotely soon, I wish we were having a substantive debate over which healthcare reforms we have a serious chance at passing through reconciliation or with 51 votes if the filibuster goes.

Having candidates squabble over M4A is becoming pretty much pointless that this point.
I can't see the US passing M4A. I think Warren is smart in endorsing M4A as the ideal to work towards but also keeping her options open. Most countries with excellent healthcare systems don't have a true singlepayer system in the first place, it's far from the only option.

Despite our strong public healthcare system, which comes in the forms of "health unions" every citizen needs to be a member of, the grand savior in my medical bills was actually a private insurer.
I'd still have some remaining patient costs from my public insurance coverage rate of course but all those remaining costs were then covered at 100% by supplementary private insurance. My dad's employer insurance (Allianz) covered all my medical costs at a rate of 100%. Best believe I billed those folks a lot. And by covering all medical costs I do mean all costs. I billed them for every single medical cost as soon as I got under their coverage and they never rejected anything. It was always handled very quickly as well, unlike my public insurance.

I think I would've been fine either way without the private insurance but I can't overstate how helpful Allianz was given their 100% coverage rate on all costs with no questions asked.

I think any US healthcare plan should also come with measures against the general astronomically high medical costs. If I don't invoke my insurance for whatever reason, I would still only pay a small amount for a lot of minor medical procedures. €12 for an MRI for example.

Private insurance doesn't necessarily have to be the boogeyman in the room. It should serve as a luxury supplement, not a necessity.

Back
Top Bottom