***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I think his contradictions and his confusion are the result of the fact that his foundational political beliefs are rooted in antipathy towards social and political forces that have granted women agency that is comparable to that of men. He’s a red pill guy.

Now most red pill guys end up as fascists who want a restoration traditional gender and race hierarchies. Obviously this appeals to a lot of white guys. This also appeals to white women who hope to enjoy greater degrees of white privilege in exchange for submission to white men. Men of color have a similar deal in mind, they all figure that having to use a separate drinking fountain is a small price to pay in order to reestablish complete dominion over the home and the wife who’d tend to said home.

Tariq starts his political understanding in same place as red-pill guys but he doesn’t turn into a biscuit boy either. He isn’t willing to discard or devalue his blackness so he’s in a weird spot, ideologically. He can’t go full leftist and call for the abolition of all hierarchy because that would further empower women, especially black women for whom he has great contempt.

So he’s stuck as this weird Afro-futurist, quasi libertarian Hotep as well as a hip hop version of Jordan Peterson.

Lmao, it's 2am and I'm dyin' laughing. Too precise

vlcsnap_2017_07_17_22h15m19s844.png

:smh::lol: Well done steak... What a meat head... & speaking of meat head... Did the acting attorney general actually attend a university? I haven't heard someone in a public role say "um" & 'uh" so much in a while. Dude looks like a such a meat head.

:smh: No direction & leadership coming from the Dems... There is just too many people throwing their hats into the ring with more to come... This is exactly what I didn't want.

Holder is another one too cozy with wall st. He came from the ivory tower to his Attorney General position & left it to go back to the ivory tower. He has some accomplishments during his tenure for sure but what stands out to me is his soft handed treatment of banks/wall st that only had to pay fines.

I also don't like how the justice dept under his tenure seized the Associated Press' phone records in order to "vet" the AP correspondence related to a Yemen terrorist plot (see link below for more info).

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/15/...journalists-phone-records.html?pagewanted=all

Also it's comical how the Just Dept who oversees the ATF "lost" 1400 guns some of which were used to murder a border patrol agent.

I doubt he runs though, I mean he could've easily went for a judgeship after his tenure as AG but he went right back to Covington & Burling, to a position they held for him by the way...

Last edited:
^ If your criteria for a candidate is someone that has put bankers in jail, you are going to be waiting a long time for that candidate.

I was going to say I can’t wait until Tomi’s real dirt comes to pass (like how she tried to come for Kamala), but she truly brainwashed like Trump where there’s no shame and truly believe their delusions. Only difference is Trump is 70 plus, that girl is only 20 something. She’s got 50 plus more years of delusion.

^ If your criteria for a candidate is someone that has put bankers in jail, you are going to be waiting a long time for that candidate.
Yea with Holder though, he came right in from Wall St & then went right back. As hard as it is, for me I don't want a candidate that's that cozy with wall st. That's a huge red flag for me. I'll obviously have to settle with the lesser of evils later on but I'm not throwing support to Harris or Holder should he enter in the early run.

Harris had a good town hall.

She did well and she was quite prepared. One gripe that I think will manifest itself is when she was asked about the historical significance of being the first black woman she seemingly intentionally corrected it to woman of color.

If that was intentional, I think it might not bode well for the black vote. I am not sure if that's what she meant, but it is definitely how she said it. I doubt it was not deliberate.

She did well and she was quite prepared. One gripe that I think will manifest itself is when she was asked about the historical significance of being the first black woman she seemingly intentionally corrected it to woman of color.

If that was intentional, I think it might not bode well for the black vote. I am not sure if that's what she meant, but it is definitely how she said it. I doubt it was not deliberate.

I was actually having a similar debate with someone yesterday about this. They said she only wants to be black when it is convenient...I disagree. She is mixed and I think it is important that she represents all of what she is, especially with her being a 50/50 mix (Tamil Indian and Jamaican). I don't get why it is so bad to acknowledge your other heritage as well. Why does she have to be just 'black'? hell I think that’s evident being from Oakland, an AKA and HU grad...

and I am a black woman if that matters...

Did Kamala really correct a reporter and say “a woman of color”?? If so, I’ll pass on Kamala Harris. She has too much explaining to do as far as I’m concerned. If your black.....acknowledge the fact that you are black and don’t be sacred of it. Don’t wave a black flag just when it’s convenient for you and then back away from it when the lights are shining on you.

I was actually having a similar debate with someone yesterday about this. They said she only wants to be black when it is convenient...I disagree. She is mixed and I think it is important that she represents all of what she is, especially with her being a 50/50 mix (Tamil Indian and Jamaican). I don't get why it is so bad to acknowledge your other heritage as well. Why does she have to be just 'black'? hell I think that’s evident being from Oakland, an AKA and HU grad...

and I am a black woman if that matters...

I definitely feel this. But like you said, I have heard others make the "when it is convenient" argument about it. Thing is, she could have answered the question by saying she was black and was mixed, but she seemed to intentionally correct to woman of color. That is an accurate description, but I think it might garner a side eye from many.

I agree the AKA and HU undergrad might dig her out of that hole.

Did Kamala really correct a reporter and say “a woman of color”?? If so, I’ll pass on Kamala Harris. She has too much explaining to do as far as I’m concerned. If your black.....acknowledge the fact that you are black and don’t be sacred of it. Don’t wave a black flag just when it’s convenient for you and then back away from it when the lights are shining on you.

Sadly, that is pretty much what she did. She didn't correct the reporter directly, but when asked about being the first black woman she responded by saying she was the first woman of color in a lot of areas.

She still leading for me, but it seems like she's taking the Tiger woods approach.

8EEF7275-0DCC-45BB-88D3-F4DFCC26698C.jpeg

Breh what the hell goin on lol

Def agree though I hate that POC ****. Person of color and "colored person" way too close for me :lol:

Lol man I've told y'all I'm rooting for everybody black.

I've also been boycotting the NFL until they do right by Kaep. There just weren't any black candidates in the last presidential election. But the optics of a black person in the office >>>> individual policies, for me.

I get what you guys are saying but it is a matter of splitting hairs...so she just isn't supposed to acknowledge her Indian descent? that's unfair. Also, person of color and colored person are not one in the same imo. colored person has historically been used as a term for black folks with a negative connotation. Person of color typically means all non-whites, to include Asian Americans. So in essence what she said was politically correct.

I get what you guys are saying but it is a matter of splitting hairs...so she just isn't supposed to acknowledge her Indian descent? that's unfair. Also, person of color and colored person are not one in the same imo. colored person has historically been used as a term for black folks with a negative connotation. Person of color typically means all non-whites, to include Asian Americans. So in essence what she said was politically correct.

She should acknowledge it I just personally don't like the phrase POC and never have.

I know the two phrases aren't one in the same but that's where my brain goes. Just reinforces the "white is default" attitude IMO. Melanated folks gotta be specified when we're the world majority by far. **** don't add up.

She's getting my vote if she's the competition regardless but that's just personal feelings for me. None of these folks perfect.

I had to do a double take myself champ. Eventually everybody comes back home.

Yeah yeah yeah. We don’t have time to play games with the “I’m black today....tomorrow I’m a person of color nonsense” To ME, you can’t be waving the HBCU flag, waving the Alpha Kappa Alpha flag (I know Ethel wouldn’t approve) waving the I want the movie Black Panther to win the Oscars awards flag then later talk about how your Indian background and distance yourself from the term black just cause you are scared to be called black.

We have enough race jumpers in our community as it is. As far as I’m concerned either your black or your not, simple as that. We don’t need you switching sides or sidelines cause can’t handle the pressure of being called black.

For me her not prosecuting deplorable steven mnuchin’s onewest bank for foreclosure violations that were clear cut is a no-no for me. Worse she took campaign donations from him & worse yet accepted his insular hook-ups to help her get elected... She won't get far though.

:lol: So this deplorable in chief is asking for global warming "to come back" to help ease these cold temps... Absolute moron just like his followers. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom