***Official Political Discussion Thread***

My memory is letting me down at this moment but I recall from an earlier article that one of the packages listed Debbie Wasserman Schultz as the return address.
I'm pretty sure it was an AP article so I should be able to find it quickly.

Not to be totally ignorant, but once you've been president you have security the rest of your life? Just curious
10 years of Secret Service protection after leaving office, if the president took office after 1997.
It used to be lifetime protection but the law was changed in '97 to 10 years.

Edit: Obama signed a law in 2013 that reinstated lifetime Secret Service protection for all post-1997 presidents. So Bush and Obama now have lifetime protection as well.
Bill Clinton already had lifetime protection from the pre-1997 law.
Trump and future presidents will receive lifetime protection as well, assuming the law stays the same.

Last edited:
Not to be totally ignorant, but once you've been president you have security the rest of your life? Just curious

You and your family have security for life. The theory is that people could hold a former president hostage or their family for favors and other things.

Definitely it's the party of "civility" sending these bombs, it's like the ring wing greatest hits list of folks that received them.

My memory is letting me down at this moment but I recall from an earlier article that one of the packages listed Debbie Wasserman Schultz as the return address.
I'm pretty sure it was an AP article so I should be able to find it quickly.

10 years of Secret Service protection after leaving office, if the president took office after 1997.
It used to be lifetime protection but the law was changed in '97 to 10 years.

Edit: Obama signed a law in 2013 that reinstated lifetime Secret Service protection for all post-1997 presidents. So Bush and Obama now have lifetime protection as well.
Bill Clinton already had lifetime protection from the pre-1997 law.
Trump and future presidents will receive lifetime protection as well, assuming the law stays the same.

Makes you wonder if the Trump administration would negoiate with Terrorist if the Obama's/Clinton's were ever kidnapped.

Here was the part of the return address I mentioned earlier
https://apnews.com/e0ce67492cd843659d09b56c93cfeb35

Excerpt:
The official said one of the packages had the return address of Rep. Deborah Wasserman Schultz, an ironic reference to the former chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee who was accused by Clinton rivals of secretly helping the party’s eventual president nominee.

This is some next level just to own the libs :rofl:

Attachments

• 94DB6489-C35D-4FC2-9509-320C780FA735.jpeg
    94DB6489-C35D-4FC2-9509-320C780FA735.jpeg
    208 KB · Views: 47
Clintons
Obamas
Soros
CNN
Eric Holder
Kamala Harris

Can take a wild guess who else will be getting suspicious packages next

Booker
Waters
Warren
Feinstein
Pelosi
Schumer
Klobuchar

Clintons
Obamas
Soros
CNN
Eric Holder
Kamala Harris

Booker
Waters
Warren
Feinstein
Pelosi
Schumer
Klobuchar

Cuomo might have gotten one too. They are also investigating one at the congressional mail screening facility in Maryland. This is wild.

Clintons
Obamas
Soros
CNN
Eric Holder
Kamala Harris

Booker
Waters
Warren
Feinstein
Pelosi