***Official Political Discussion Thread***

aepps20 aepps20 have you copped your tickets for the Butter Biscuit Convention yet?....
DqIR9IjX4AAWhcR.jpg

Headline speaker in none other than....
DqHuyGhUcAMjCoZ.jpg

I preordered my tix over a month ago. This is an all star lineup of the best and brightest in our community. When Benjamin Franklin Carson isn't the only star you know things will be LIT. Candace, Stacey and Kevin Action Jackson on one stage is insane. Then you add a person with truly Zaddy appeal like Jason Whitlock and it is a WRAP. I'M still hoping, Silk, Diamond and Sheriff Clarke will make an appearance. Me and Coal gang after seeing the speaker list.
giphy (26).gif

Hype.gif

giphy (4).gif

The caravan to me is another stark reminder how ******* trash US drug policy is. If we treated drug addiction like an public health issue instead of a criminal justice issue we would be able to pursue real solutions to decrease demand for the drugs. Which in turn will kill the drug trade in Central and South America that is fueling all this violence, and creating these refugees.

In the interim, we can just process these refugees at the border like we have done with hundreds of thousands of others. I'm not like these conservatives snowflakes that are terrified of some scared desperate poor people from Central America.

Last edited:
I know people have been migrating for the longest but the timing is funny style to me. I realize I've got my Alex Jones tinfoil hat on but the caravan is a godsend for Cheeto as it creates a distraction from all the **** that's happening while providing a big bad boogeyman to pump up his base. With all the **** they've been doing to win, it couldn't be that crazy a reach.

The caravan to me is another stark reminder how ****ing trash US drug policy is. If we treated drug addiction like an public health issue instead of a criminal justice issue we would be able to pursue real solutions to decrease demand for the drugs. Which in turn will kill the drug trade in Central and South America that is fueling all this violence, and creating these refugees.

In the interim, we can just process these refugees at the border like we have done with hundreds of thousands of others. I'm not like these conservatives snowflakes that are terrified of some scared desperate poor people from Central America.

It’s 2060, I’m more machine than human, I’m the general of the gritty division with the DSA’s Western Corp, I welcome all the armed young men who are migrating north. If they help us defeat the Pepe army, I’ll get them good farm land in still arable lands north of the 39th parallel.

The future will be fun. When people are drowning and bleeding out in warm sea water and searing hot sand dunes, we will know the coming climate driven civil war will have been worth it because in early 2018, the markets were booming.

I know people have been migrating for the longest but the timing is funny style to me. I realize I've got my Alex Jones tinfoil hat on but the caravan is a godsend for Cheeto as it creates a distraction from all the **** that's happening while providing a big bad boogeyman to pump up his base. With all the **** they've been doing to win, it couldn't be that crazy a reach.

Liberals need to just hammer home the stark contrast between their vision and that of Republicans. If we try to win elections by winning each and every news cycle, we never will win because there will always be something in the news that will animate the hardcore white supremacists.

Edit:

Alex Jones had an exceptionally normal one yesterday

Last edited:
aepps20 aepps20 have you copped your tickets for the Butter Biscuit Convention yet?....
DqIR9IjX4AAWhcR.jpg

Headline speaker is none other than....
DqHuyGhUcAMjCoZ.jpg
Teamjpg.jpg

'nuff said.

I'm staying in the Marriott in Richmond. You know how dangerous DC is with all those Democrats running around. I traveled here this morning (hours after seeing Rusty's post) on account of Not Wanting To Miss A Thing.

Now let's party!

edit: There seems to be some confusion. I'm not actually checked in at the Marriott. What I was trying to say is my trailer is parked in the Marriott parking lot.

Thanks to the Republican tax bill, commuter benefits can no longer be deducted pre-tax by your employer. In 2018, if you pay for parking or transportation to work, you can deduct up to $260 per month for the cost. It effectively saved you something like 25-50%, depending on your tax bracket (so up to $130 extra per month).

With the new tax plan, for which you can thank Trump and nearly every Republican in Congress, you will no longer get this deduction.

Keep in mind that this will disproportionately hurt those in the lower and middle class who often can't afford to live near work and instead either need monthly train passes or need to pay for expensive parking garages. Also it was pretty slick of Republicans for the tax benefits to kick in early and these the past benefits to be rolled back in 2019.

Last edited:
Thanks to the Republican tax bill, commuter benefits can no longer be deducted pre-tax by your employer. In 2018, if you pay for parking or transportation to work, you can deduct up to $260 per month for the cost. It effectively saved you something like 25-50%, depending on your tax bracket (so up to $130 extra per month).

With the new tax plan, for which you can thank Trump and nearly every Republican in Congress, you will no longer get this deduction.
But da extra 15.67 I got last tax return?

DqIR9IjX4AAWhcR.jpg

Headline speaker is none other than....
DqHuyGhUcAMjCoZ.jpg

How will the headline speaker be able to find the hotel or the correct ballroom? Hotels use numbers for that and as Whitlock said, black folk don’t know nothing about no arithmetic.

Seriously, I think that Whitlock failed his stats class and then embraced the ultimate excuse and started claiming that all black people are naturally unable to do math.

F'ing Republicans always find such interesting ways to f**k people over but still are elected for it.
People are idiots. We had dudes in here say an extra 20 bucks is reason enough to vote for whoever not realizing they’re getting charges thousands more yearly for everything else. When you bring that up they say it’s wrong with proof thrown in their face.

How will the headline speaker be able to find the hotel or the correct ballroom? Hotels use numbers for that and as Whitlock said, black folk don’t know nothing about no arithmetic.

Seriously, I think that Whitlock failed his stats class and then embraced the ultimate excuse and started claiming that all black people are naturally unable to do math.
That guy still on fox sports?

Keep in mind that this will disproportionately hurt those in the lower and middle class who often can't afford to live near work and instead either need monthly train passes or need to pay for expensive parking garages. Also it was pretty slick of Republicans for the tax benefits to kick in early and these the past benefits to be rolled back in 2019.

Is this for employer sponsored plans that provided the funds?

Are you sure this affects employee sponsored plans as well where the employer provides the plan but it’s up the employee to make pretax contribution.

That guy still on fox sports?

Yup and he keeps on bringing the bad takes, the dude makes Colin Cowherd look woke in comparison.

I can't find the video but Whitlock used Byron Scott's 2016 firing and Brad Steven's success (so I think this was in Spring 2017) as an excuse to indulge in race science and he more or less said that black people aren't able to understand statistics/analytics.

Back
Top Bottom