***Official Political Discussion Thread***

000.gif

Tell me how just about every conservative who has been active in this thread has been banned for bigoted posts or if not been a ****in Russian bot

But libruls call everything racist and are imagining a Russia conspiracy

It's worth noting that we didn't see any other political troll accounts of the sort deployed on Facebook, Twitter, etc. during the 2016 elections.

NikeTalk isn't a particularly efficient target for that sort of thing, and the teamjordan account was a longstanding account. It's certainly plausible, if not probable, that the opinions he posted were indeed his own - but they are nonetheless worth contextualizing.

Thanks to the waiting period, the accounts that were created for the purpose of participating in political discussions in 2015-16 were generally registered by those who'd been previously banned - and there's no evidence to suggest that any of those accounts were part of an organized effort.

Tell me how just about every conservative who has been active in this thread has been banned for bigoted posts or if not been a ****in Russian bot

But libruls call everything racist and are imagining a Russia conspiracy
I do believe dwalk comes here for the sake of antagonizing users.

Anyone really surprised? This country isn't @#$@ without the vastly superior international students, yet...

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/01/02/us/international-enrollment-drop.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Just as many universities believed that the financial wreckage left by the 2008 recession was behind them, campuses across the country have been forced to make new rounds of cuts, this time brought on, in large part, by a loss of international students.

Schools in the Midwest have been particularly hard hit — many of them non-flagship public universities that had come to rely heavily on tuition from foreign students, who generally pay more than in-state students.

The downturn follows a decade of explosive growth in foreign student enrollment, which now tops 1 million at United States colleges and educational training programs, and supplies $39 billion in revenue. International enrollment began to flatten in 2016, partly because of changing conditions abroad and the increasing lure of schools in Canada, Australia and other English-speaking countries.

And since President Trump was elected, college administrators say, his rhetoric and more restrictive views on immigration have made the United States even less attractive to international students. The Trump administration is more closely scrutinizing visa applications, indefinitely banning travel from some countries and making it harder for foreign students to remain in the United States after graduation.

“As you lose those students, then the tuition revenue is negatively impacted as well,” said Michael Godard, the interim provost at the University of Central Missouri, where 944 international students were enrolled in the fall, a decline of more than 1,500 from the previous year. “We’ve had to make some decisions, budgetary decisions, to adjust.”

I'd say Rusty's libbie trolling straight from Moscow has been pretty solid for indoctrinating NT. Son even brainwashed Rex with his Marxist libbie filth.

@aepps20 is the only real American keeping him in check tho
Tammi will get Rusty to hit the mean heel turn in a matter of time. Rusty going to be pictured wearing a tan suit with a straw hat for the wedding in no time :pimp:

I have not read the article in full, so these are general comments regarding the topic. But I gotta rant on two things

First- **** Trump and conservatives for the BS. Of course this was going to happen. These dudes don't realize that many international students come from well off families and have options. America is not their savior, if they feel the experience will be hostile the will go else where. America needs that talent, it benefits from the diversity, if the best and brightest from around the globe start going elsewhere, then you are only shooting yourself in the foot.

Second- Even has a immigrant myself and a lefty I kinda hate how universities, especially public universities, rely so much on foreign students, especially affluent foreign.

If you are a private school, welp, this obviously applies to them much less.

I am of the belief that universities should first and foremost be there to educate the residents their communities and the state. Universities love to use these international students to put on brochures and parade around to talk about their "diversity". Then like to talk about how competitive it is for local students to get in as freshman, but don't give two ****s about all the black and brown kids that go to **** grade schools and will never be even looked at by the university. Even those that graduate with not outstanding but decent grades and scores.

When these kids do get there, many have no real interest in helping them keep up.I partly understand because state government have been cutting the budgets of their public colleges for decades now. But there is room to educate the best and brightest from across the globe and to make sure you serve the kids in your state. Even if those kids don't have a 3.8, 1400 SAT, an IB diploma.

I almost got kicked out a class in grad school because it was a elective in the Hospitality Department, and during a class discussion students and the teacher were going on and on about how lazy local freshman kids were, and how much harder kids from foreign countries worked, specifically China. When I saw a pic of the undergrad class in question, and saw the local kids were mainly Latino and Filipino, I lost it. I did not yell but I called people voicing these opinnions elitist and enforcers of inequality, especially racial. Told them that the university would be better if they concerned themselves with kids in they county over the affluent immigrant students the love to fill their brochures with.

Clark County schools are in shambles, especially the schools that serve poor black, Latino, and Filipino students. Hell it isn't even all about race, they fail poor white kids at an alarming rate too. And these so called liberals gonna tell me about how much harder the rich kids from Singapore and China work. Like **** you. You don't want to pay the taxes to make the schools better because you partly know that you and your friends get great salaries and can afford to send you kids to private school.

I got even more pissed when the professor tried to say something along the lines like "I'm just talking about the white kids" to me. Like Vegas doesn't condemn poor white kids to a life of low economic opportunities and eventually drugs. When others brought up African and West Indians being hard working, and really didn't like that figurative pat on the head, and thought it was dismissive.

The issue was I half the students in the class I said this in was affluent Korean and Chinese students. So yeah, there were complaints. I didn't mean to insult them, just how they are used by universities :lol:

It disgust me on a deep level.

-I still feel a college diploma and college experience is a lot of value. That is why I want as many people as possible have access to it at a reasonable price.

So liberals, especially educators (to be fair, many professors I talk too voice great concern about how local kids get left behind), need to get off this ****.Attracting the best and brightest from foreign countries (no matter their class) is important, and does add tons value to universities and America, but you don't have to turn your back on a large swath of kids in this country in the process.

Last edited:
I have not read the article in full, so these are general comments regarding the topic. But I gotta rant on two things

First- **** Trump and conservatives for the BS. Of course this was going to happen. These dudes don't realize that many international students come from well off families and have options. America is not their savior, if they feel the experience will be hostile the will go else where. America needs that talent, it benefits from the diversity, if the best and brightest from around the globe start going elsewhere, then you are only shooting yourself in the foot.

Second- Even has a immigrant myself and a lefty I kinda hate how universities, especially public universities, rely so much on foreign students, especially affluent foreign.

If you are a private school, welp, this obviously applies to them much less.

I am of the belief that universities should first and foremost be there to educate the residents their communities and the state. Universities love to use these international students to put on brochures and parade around to talk about their "diversity". Look to talk about how competitive it is for local students to get in as freshman, and don't give two ****s about all the black and brown kids that go to **** grade schools and will never be even looked at by the university. Even those that graduate with not outstanding but decent grades and scores. Furthermore, the don't want to add trades because "that is something community colleges do"

When these kids do get there, many have no real interest in helping them keep up.I partly understand be state government have been cutting the budgets of their public colleges for decades now. But there is room to educate the best and brightest from across the globe and to make sure you serve the kids in your state. Even if those kids don't have a 3.8, 1400 SAT, an IB diploma.

I almost got kicked out a class in grad school because it was a elective in the Hospitality Department, and during a class discussion students and the teacher were going on and on about how lazy local freshman kids were, and how much harder kids from foreign countries worked, specifically China. When I saw a pic of the undergrad class in question, and saw the local kids were mainly Latino and Filipino, I lost it. It yell but I called people elitist and enforcers of inequality, especially racial. Told them that the university would be better if they concerned themselves with kids in they county over the affluent immigrant students the love to fill their brochures with.

Clark County schools are in shambles, especially the schools that serve poor black, Latino, and Filipino students. Hell it isn't even all about race, they fail poor white kids at an alarming rate too. And these so called liberal gonna tell me about how much harder the rich kids from Singapore and China work. Like **** you. You don't want to pay the taxes to make the schools better because you partly know that you and your friends get great salaries and can afford to send you kids to private school. I got even more pissed when the professor tried to say something along the lines like "I'm just talking about the white kids" to me. Like Vegas doesn't condemn poor white kids to a life of low economic opportunities and eventually drugs. When others brought up African and West Indians being hard working, and really didn't like that figurative pat on the head, and dismissive.

The issue was I half the students in the class I said this in was affluent Korean and Chinese students. So yeah, there were complaints. :lol:

But It disgust me on a deep level.

-I still feel a college diploma and college experience is a lot of value. That is why I want as many people as possible have access to it at a reasonable price.

So liberals, especially educators, need to get off this **** of turning their back on a large swath of American points. Attracting the best and brightest from foreign is important and does add tons value to universites and America, but you don't have to turn your back on a large swath of kids in this country to do so.
The university system of America overall is definitely heavily favored towards making money and catering to the upper middle class and elite....so you either pay straight from the pocket or you have to take out loans, and the people who have to take out loans are subjected to years of debt after graduating.

The CSU system isn’t too shabby in my state though, as the tuition rates aren’t too high and many students that qualify for financial aid can go to classes without having to take out loans....but private universities and even the UC system isn’t cheap.

LOL at you angering the rich Asians in your class :rofl:

The university system of America overall is definitely heavily favored towards making money and catering to the upper middle class and elite....so you either pay straight from the pocket or you have to take out loans, and the people who have to take out loans are subjected to years of debt after graduating.

The CSU system isn’t too shabby in my state though, as the tuition rates aren’t too high and many students that qualify for financial aid can go to classes without having to take out loans....but private universities and even the UC system isn’t cheap.

LOL at you angering the rich Asians in your class :rofl:
I really felt bad. Like real bad.

I mean for some people whose English was not the best, I know they didn't get the nuanced in my argument, they just heard "I'm pissed you are here"

:smh: :lol:

I really felt bad. Like real bad.

I mean for some people whose English was not the best, I know they didn't get the nuanced in my argument, they just heard "I'm pissed you are here"

:smh: :lol:
I would assume for a graduate school class, they got the point of the tirade, it’s the brutal truth that they earned a spot because of money, even though their merit may be the same or lesser compared to someone with lower net worth, so it would trigger some folks that may feel that it applies to their situation.

If I heard someone say that during my years when I was a underclassman, I wouldn’t be mad at all, because I know a few people of my race that aren’t very studious, but are accepted anyway because they have $$$$$$.

Despite the hysterics of AM radio and the complaints that come out of Prager "University" of the far left University, the University has become just another neoliberal hell hole. The fact that Harvard and the UC system was begging the Trump administration for help to prevent grad students from unionizing says it all. Everyone is welcome as long as they can pony up 30 to 70 grand a year.

Right along with the courts, the banks, the military, the state and the means of production, the University is right up there on the "must seize" list.

Back
Top Bottom