***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Does this mean it's over for Bernie now?
frown.gif

Not looking good after last night, which is sad. Like there is no one to vote for then, we're screwed from all angles.

Trump cooked last night also, like this speaks volumes about America and what they think about POC. All those states he swept need to be cleansed

W/o the black vote, he won't win. Hillary is getting the black vote by large margins, lowest I've seen was about 81%.

like RustyShackleford RustyShackleford said, Bernie isn't really giving black people a reason to vote for him. His stance on things should, but you have to pander in order to get majority to pay attention since most don't watch debates or anything else related to politics.

I wonder how many scandals we'll have to hear about in the next 4 years when Hillary becomes president 
mean.gif

W/o the black vote, he won't win. Hillary is getting the black vote by large margins, lowest I've seen was about 81%.

like RustyShackleford RustyShackleford said, Bernie isn't really giving black people a reason to vote for him. His stance on things should, but you have to pander in order to get majority to pay attention since most don't watch debates or anything else related to politics.

Bernie woke up this morning and called Killer Mike and said, "You told me y'all could deliver the Black vote".

Cornel West and Killer Mike won't cut it.

to big of a hill for bern to climb.. was never really realistic.. but he has made a dent in things..

and Hillary will need him.. and I assume bill & co are smart enough to realize the level of support that he has garnered throughout the campaign.. I assume they'll make him an offer of a significant cabinet post (doubt they would ask for him to be her running mate)

I wonder how many scandals we'll have to hear about in the next 4 years when Hillary becomes president 
mean.gif

That'd put the GOP in the White House for 8 years following her presidency if that happens.
the GOP will have to be in a position to capitalize.. right now they will have to do some serious serious reevaluation after whatever damage is done by trump

people already looked at republicans/fox news/karl rove/Limbaugh/Koch brothers sideways.. so trump being the candidate is going to dig that grave deeper and further alienate votes they will need in future elections

this is a very dangerous election cycle for the grand old party

I wonder how many scandals we'll have to hear about in the next 4 years when Hillary becomes president :smh:  

That'd put the GOP in the White House for 8 years following her presidency if that happens.

the GOP will have to be in a position to capitalize.. right now they will have to do some serious serious reevaluation after whatever damage is done by trump

people already looked at republicans/fox news/karl rove/Limbaugh/Koch brothers sideways.. so trump being the candidate is going to dig that grave deeper and further alienate votes they will need in future elections

this is a very dangerous election cycle for the grand old party

They're priming Paul Ryan. He's "young" and is not as extreme as other GOP members and comes off level-headed. He's also the majority leader which will help their argruments (don't know how but...)

I imagine that after Obama is out of office and Hillary takes the throne, they GOP will go dark and quiet, the people will forget, and then they'll try and reinvent themselves.

^ problem is, they have empowered too many irrational loud mouths.. and I just don't see them going away quietly

then scalia will have to be replaced at some point.. and not like the other judges are spring chickens

but you have some of the heavy issues that the GOP has been using to their advantage that could come to a head just with that replacement

I would hope it's not enough of these people but you never know and it makes complete sense as to why his "earpiece malfunctioned".

Well really need him out the paint

I use 538 for my Projections, Clinton is expected to win every state from now until June. The closest one being UTAH and Pennsylvania

-When I'm critical of Bernie Sander efforts with the black community, I'm not really talking about pandering. He panders, he panders a lot. But that is ok, you can tell the man cares also.

Add to that, his programs and policies are probably better in regards to can help black community. Even though it is not by much over Clinton

-His issue is that he doesn't tie the fate of black Americans and the country as a whole (i.e white Americans) together.

From the time BLM ran up on him the 2nd time, he should have went on stage at his next rally and say explicitly "either black people flourish with us (i.e white folk), or no one gets anything". Period, end of story. Matter of fact, make that the entire speech about that, and have that be your messaging for a good while.

That type of messaging would have been better. Have his followers outchea acting like cracking down on Wall Street and empowering (not just helping) black Americans are equally important.

-The thing Bern has over Clinton is that he is willing go go where Clinton dare not go on a lot of issues. And he paints Hillary into a corner with a lot of folk, especially progressives, because she has to explain why she is against Medicare for all, why she is against Glass Seagull coming back, or free tuition.

If Bern could have made Hillary go outchea and try to explain to black people why empowering them is "unrealistic" and "not doable", :lol: then he could have leveraged that make gains within the black community.

His hesitation is what cost him.

Again you can tell Bernie cares, but too often he comes off that he is addressing black issues not because he wants to, but because he has too.

Last edited:
I use 538 for my Projections, Clinton is expected to win every state from now until June. The closest one being UTAH and Pennsylvania

-When I'm critical of Bernie Sander efforts with the black community, I'm not really talking about pandering. He panders, he panders a lot.

Add to that his programs and policies are probably better in regards to the black community. Even though it is not by much

-His issue is that he doesn't tie the fate of black American and the country as a whole (white Americans) together.

From the time BLM ran up on him the 2nd time, he should have went on stage at his next rally and say explicitly either black people flourish with us, or no gets anything". Period, end of story. Matter of fact make that the entire speech and your messaging for a good while.

That type of messaging would have been better. Have his followers outchea acting like cracking down on Wall Street and empowering (not just helping) black Americans.

-The thing Bern has over Clinton is that he is willing go go where Clinton dare not on a lot of issues. And he paints Hillary into a corner with a lot of folk because she has to explain why she is against Medicare for all, why she is against Glass Seaguall, or free tuition

If Bern could have made Hillary got outchea and explain to black people why empowering them is "unrealistic" and "not doable", :lol: then he could have leveraged that make gains with the black community.

His hesitation is what cost him.

You can tell Bernie cares, but too often he comes off that he is addressing black issues not because he wants to, but because he has too.

Well said.

I would hope it's not enough of these people but you never know and it makes complete sense as to why his "earpiece malfunctioned".

Well really need him out the paint
Is this real? :x :smh: :smh:

Last edited:

Hillary Clinton isn't the enemy.
I agree. I'm just a little worried about her shady practices and scandals. If her presidency is as riddled with scandals as her past the republicans might take over after her first term.

Hillary Clinton isn't the enemy.
I agree. I'm just a little worried about her shady practices and scandals. If her presidency is as riddled with scandals as her past the republicans might take over after her first term.

I feel like the files will expose her man it's only a matter of time...is it just me that's scared of how Trump is having a big lead like that despite all the outlandish stuff he's been saying in the past??

I feel like the files will expose her man it's only a matter of time...is it just me that's scared of how Trump is having a big lead like that despite all the outlandish stuff he's been saying in the past??
I'm in Europe and I'm scared of Trump's lead 
laugh.gif
 I don't think you're the only one.

Unless some sorcery happens it'll be Trump vs Hillary. I think and hope she'll win but Hillary has a lot of dirt that Trump could use and I'm certain he will do so.

Last edited:
So Mitt Romney is supposed to give a speech tomorrow on the state of the presidential race, this will be interesting.

So Mitt Romney is supposed to give a speech tomorrow on the state of the presidential race, this will be interesting.
Although I like his consulting background, his word hardly means anything in the context of this race.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom