***Official Political Discussion Thread***

18301212_10209206352061346_316449268842973953_n.jpg

I'm confused about preexisting conditions. So let's say someone gets a heart attack and gets cared for. Can insurance decline him cuz he was fat?
From my understanding, pre-existing conditions refer to medical conditions that were known prior to getting a new insurance plan. A heart attack doesn't exactly come out of nowhere so if I'm correct insurers would be able to deny that person coverage or charge him more. The pre-existing condition(s) in this case would likely be obesity and/or a vascular or heart condition.

Someone like me for example with a random chronic disease could be charged more or denied coverage under this bill. But it doesn't necessarily have to be some severe condition like that. In some states, domestic abuse is considered a pre-existing condition by insurers for example.

Last edited:

The fact they put exemptions in for themselves pisses me off the most. They acknowledging the health care plan isn't good enough but they still wanna have this be the law of the land.

I bet those ***holes just feel like they deserve better coverage or have "earned" it but the American people don't
They voted to remove the exemption for keeping ACA for themselves. So they'll be stuck with TrumpCare, like the rest of us
Ah ok didn't know about this update

Another day, another day of so called progressives being idiots.

So Hillary just announced that she and Howard Dean's new venture is that they are basically going to fund raise, then give the money to grassroots organizations. The loser progressive and pissed over this because..........................reasons :rolleyes

Da Harambe squad.

Another day, another day of so called progressives being idiots.

So Hillary just announced that she and Howard Dean's new venture is that they are basically going to fund raise, then give the money to grassroots organizations. The loser progressive and pissed over this because..........................reasons :rolleyes
I'm so confused by some progressives sometimes. They are just as bad as people that go hard for republicans but at least they tend to stick together better than Dems do

This was done out of pure spite. I consider myself a lever headed guy when it comes to politics. But this **** here has me p***ed off to no end. I can't think of a single diplomatic thing to say about republicans that voted for this. They're all cowards in my eyes. Eff the whole lot of em!

This was done out of pure spite. I consider myself a lever headed guy when it comes to politics. But this **** here has me p***ed off to no end. I can't think of a single diplomatic thing to say about republicans that voted for this. They're all cowards in my eyes. Eff the whole lot of em!
Word, and I don't even live there. It was on the news this evening and I've seen and heard nothing but disgust towards this bill. Hopefully the senate can shut it down or at least make some changes to make it less horrendous.

Edit: A Fox News host just called coverage for pre-existing conditions a luxury :stoneface: The contempt these people have for the unfortunate :smh:

Last edited:
My ***** *** rep (*) Paul Cook outta CA's 8th District voted yes for this **** too :lol: :smh:

Glad i didnt vote for him, but i did vote my Brown brother for Governor

Governor Jerry Brown knows what to do now :smokin

Progressives are a lost cause. You can't be playing that purity test crap and alienating people potentially beneficial to your cause just because their views only match up with 85% of your views.

You can't bark orders and be demanding when your way of thinking constantly has you on the outside looking in and with no say in the matters.

Plus they're a very wishy washy group who acts off emotion. Can't rely on them to show up to the polls because they shut down and refuse to vote unless they get the perfect candidate.

You don't have the perfect job, life, girlfriend etc. What makes you think you're going to have the perfect politician that conforms to each and every one of your views.

Gotta learn to differentiate between different types of progressives though my dude...

Not all of them are hard headed,take the ball to go home when they lose types.

Those are the more extreme members of the wing and shouldn't be painted as the face of the movement

Last edited:
All I got to say is BernBros are annoying right now

Yes I'm sick of their bs arguments and logic

I feel you on that. Unfortunately the majority of the ones I've encountered are the "take my ball and go home" crowd. It was rampant last year when they kept spewing that Bernie got screwed nonsense.

I can't respect those though and would love to see the level headed ones ostracize them. If you're a decent off middle to upper middle class white dude or female, you can play that Bernie got screwed I'm not voting because my guy didn't win stuff because trump being president doesn't impact you negatively. But to do that tantrum stuff is downright insulting to their friends and associates of color, lgbt, Muslims etc.

Yea a lot of folks on the left have their priorities messed up. A lot of the issues/debates some of them bring up are much more suitable for when there's actual liberal in power making the policy. There's a bigger picture at play and to look out for when that's not the case and folks can't just turn a blind eye to it in the name of idealogy

It's like the far left Melenchon supporters in France who would rather risk a chance of Le Pen winning than vote for the more centrist candidate, Macron.

Last edited:
All I got to say is BernBros are annoying right now

Yes I'm sick of their bs arguments and logic

Me too given how they've hijacked the progressive label and dragged its reputation in the name of pettiness :smh:
I thought people would drop their shtick after the election...but good lord, the absolute whining and passive aggressive from these folks.

Back
Top Bottom