***Official Political Discussion Thread***

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN CARSON is having a hard time keeping his loafers down Wooooooooooooooooo. Carson/Harvey 2020.

How about you look up the definition of carpetbagger, before you start running your mouth
car·pet·bag·ger

ˈkärpətˌbaɡər/

noun
derogatory

noun: carpetbagger; plural noun: carpetbaggers; noun: carpet-bagger; plural noun: carpet-baggers

1. a political candidate who seeks election in an area where they have no local connections.

• historical

(in the US) a person from the northern states who went to the South after the Civil War to profit from the Reconstruction.

• a person perceived as an unscrupulous opportunist.

"the organization is rife with carpetbaggers"

[thread="509493"] [/thread]
How about you look up the definition of carpetbagger, before you start running your mouth

car·pet·bag·ger

ˈkärpətˌbaɡər/

noun

derogatory

noun: carpetbagger; plural noun: carpetbaggers; noun: carpet-bagger; plural noun: carpet-baggers

1. a political candidate who seeks election in an area where they have no local connections.

• historical

(in the US) a person from the northern states who went to the South after the Civil War to profit from the Reconstruction.

Congrats, you have showed this entire thread you're just like Ninja and don't read or listen to the **** you yourself post.

He grew up in the district, his family still lives there, he lives a mile and a half away because of his chick.

But yeah, "no local connections"

Go sit down somewhere b

Last edited:

@AP: BREAKING: Trump administration certifies Iran complying with nuclear deal, extends sanctions relief but says review underway.
youre_welcome_obama.gif

Trumpettes have to be confused as hell right now given that dude has literally flipped on like 70% of his campaign positions :lol:

Last edited:

car·pet·bag·ger

ˈkärpətˌbaɡər/

noun

derogatory

• historical

Congrats, you have showed this entire thread you're just like Ninja and don't read or listen to the **** you yourself post.

He grew up in the district, his family still lives there, he lives a mile and a half away because of his chick.

Go sit down somewhere b
:rofl:

car·pet·bag·ger

ˈkärpətˌbaɡər/

noun

derogatory

• historical

Go sit down somewhere b
:rofl:

The new GOP mascot:

Pick your motto:

"I repeat, therefore I am"

"Thinking is optional"

Aaaand NYT has Ossoff under 50% with about 15% of the vote to go. Might be over and official for the night at this point.

Progressives really haven't adopted former right wing positions. It is the center left that has adopted (not that they were so opposed to them in the first place) all the old decent policies moderate Republicans used to push/support. I am speaking more of market based solutions.

Progressive want basic income, the center left wants to expand EIC on top of our current welfare system. The left wing might want a federal jobs program where the federal government hire workers directly, the center left might just want a jobs bills that gives money to private sector firms. These are two sides trying to solve an issue, the GOP answer to everything these days just seems to be supply side tax breaks.

At one time their might have been a healthy policy debate in America and both sides contributed but right now serious public policy debates really just happens on the left. Healthcare is a perfect example of this, so is climate change for that fact.. The right is more concern with how can more things turn into commodities and how can more wealth be transferred to the top. And I might be bias but you can see this clearly.

Nothing is scared to the right, not our education system, healthcare system, our infrastructure, hell not even people's water supply.

And the country has moved left in recent. Left wing economic policy is more popular that in recent decades, social justice much more serious issue today that it was for the past couple decades, war is not as popular as it was before the Iraq War. Hell Trump got all those swing voters because they ignored his racism and were attracted to his left wing promises. To interfere in markets with regulation to help their economic situation, jobs programs, and cheap healthcare.

But many things still cloud the judgment of voters. The GOP base still actively votes against their self interest for "cultural reasons", American still think supply side economics work :smh: (thanks Reagan), and too many on the left still like to means test and try to discipline the poor too much (thanks Clinton).

The problem is that our electoral system gives the Republican base a disproportional amount of power. The combination of gerrymandering, voter suppression, first pass the post voting, Citizen's United, the electoral college, the cap on House Reps, all help the GOP and should be changed because it would make the government answer to voters more. Hell even Senators need to be increased.

If moved to a system that was truly representative, and we encouraged voting, publicly funded campaigns, and people actually turned out, our government would look much more liberal/Democrat.

Demographic shift will eventually cause this to happen, but we are decades away, and the GOP will not just let it happen.

How do you define the "country at large"? (Think about it)

From an economic, education/innovation, and population POV, the US is like a train, with the areas trending left (large urban centers) as the locomotive while the areas representing the right (small towns, rural areas, etc...) being the cars. The problem is that our electoral system hasn't reflected any of those migratory and economic changes, which is how we end up with an unbalanced congressional body.

you both are probably right about the demographic trends and i am out of my depths in terms of the machinations & minutiae of policy, i'm a lil' skeptical tho about the degree that people will continue to migrate to cities & already some of the largest cities are/have been (albeit slowly) shrinking and to the extent attention/conversation/policy seems to leave out those other parts of the country that aren't (around) major urban centers, it would be to our collective detriment; as is condescending the role of culture in people's lives...whatever successes are being created by the left's 'locomotive' isn't nearly picking up nearly enough people...i don't think i am alone in feeling a general apathy about where both parties seem to be...whatever progressive narrative there is in the u.s is on the fringes & doesn't seem to be in a part of the mainstream conversation, but my indifference has probably given me a huge blindspot to see it

If there's a runoff, homie gon lose.
Don't count him out yet. He can consolidate the Dem votes, and only needs to garner another 1-2% of the voters out there (Republican, Independent, or Dems who sat out) to win the chip. He's got a damb good chance imo looking purely at the numbers.

If there's a runoff, homie gon lose.
Don't count him out yet. He can consolidate the Dem votes, and only needs to garner another 1-2% of the voters out there (Republican, Independent, or Dems who sat out) to win the chip. He's got a damb good chance imo looking purely at the numbers.

I'm thinking about losing votes as in less voter turnout. If he can keep people excited and get more people excited then he does have a chance. The runoff is on only like a month and a half away so he just gotta keep getting people fired up. I really hope homie wins

I don't know how he let this get out to the public, as it might be one of the worst interviews I have ever seen :lol:

This is the whole interview, but this part on NK should show you guys how clueless the guy is :x Its terrifying

Back
Top Bottom