***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Too little too late Martin O'Malley.

Yea he's looked pretty good tonight actually but he really didn't do much to stand out during the first debates. He's not even on the radar in most polls 

It's because Hillary has already been appointed. The DMC purposefully held the debates later so they couldn't get much momentum. Luckily for Bernie, he had a good grass roots following that overcame it for a while. Unfortunately for him though, he's running against Hillary and the media who will inaugurate her.

The same way I see it, the media is pushing it to the point where everyone believes it. Powerful thing, that there media.

Yes, because most of them are voting for her. Silicon Valley, Hollywood, and New York are all HEAVILY partisan and control the major media outlets people go to. Go on the Yahoo homepage and see how many "articles" are hit pieces on Hillary's competition.
What gave me evidence of this is that after every debate so far.especially the first 2,the MSN was calling it a "sweep" for Hilary and saying she dominated the debates when the actual viewer polls on those channels showed the opposite. Then you have their so called "experts" who are mostly part of the Dem establishment,reinforcing that view to drive it home.

Just sucks that since not everyone watches the debates,the exposure they get from it is mostly the MSN taking turns crowning her >D  

They depend on that lack of viewership in order drive their "propaganda"

The same way I see it, the media is pushing it to the point where everyone believes it. Powerful thing, that there media.
Yes, because most of them are voting for her. Silicon Valley, Hollywood, and New York are all HEAVILY partisan and control the major media outlets people go to. Go on the Yahoo homepage and see how many "articles" are hit pieces on Hillary's competition.
What gave me evidence of this is that after every debate so far.especially the first 2,the MSN was calling it a "sweep" for Hilary and saying she dominated the debates when the actual viewer polls on those channels showed the opposite. Then you have their so called "experts" who are mostly part of the Dem establishment,reinforcing that view to drive it home.

Just sucks that since not everyone watches the debates,the exposure they get from it is mostly the MSN taking turns crowning her 
grin.gif

Blame it on the SportsCenter effect. Why sit through a 2 hour debate when you can get the "highlights" in 5 minutes?

Yea he's looked pretty good tonight actually but he really didn't do much to stand out during the first debates. He's not even on the radar in most polls 

It's because Hillary has already been appointed. The DMC purposefully held the debates later so they couldn't get much momentum. Luckily for Bernie, he had a good grass roots following that overcame it for a while. Unfortunately for him though, he's running against Hillary and the media who will inaugurate her.

Just sucks that since not everyone watches the debates,the exposure they get from it is mostly the MSN taking turns crowning her >D  

I agree with the Democratic machine pushing her but she did perform well in the debates. Even though agree with Bernie more, sometimes he does a ****** job conveying his ideas. You guys were saying how Bernie would easily dominate the debates, welp he is clearly not doing that and now the goalpost look like there are moving to. "Bernie" is winning, the media is just screwing him. Nah famb, I'm not buying that

Plus Clinton plans come off and more digestible to common person. And to honest, If I had my way, I might pick some of Hilldawg's plans over Bernie's.

A second thing, television viewer polls are a horrible judge of who "won" a debate, or even who did better. There is no why in knowing if the viewing audience is representative of the democratic voting base, and I'm willing to guess Bernie supporters are over represented

Other reason why the Dem machine in behind Clinton so much is that her campaign is helping congressional, state, and local candidates raise money together. Bernie can decry the campaign finance system all he wants, but for the 2016 it is how it it. The people Bernie would need for votes has to help elected too, Bernie and pats himself on the back about him only accepting same donations, but those things are only helping his campaign and no one else.

And really wishing progressive fans of Bernie wouldn't stop and think for a minute about all the Clinton shade the throwing out, especially when they see the only others doing it are right wingers. At should really to you guys.

And BTW, there are plenty other reasons why Clinton is the runaway candidate this cycle, and Bernie hasn't gain that much more traction.

Last edited:

I agree with the Democratic machine pushing her but she did perform well in the debates. Even though agree with Bernie more, sometimes he does a ****** job conveying his ideas. You guys were saying how Bernie would easily dominate the debates, welp he is clearly not doing that and now the goalpost look like there are moving to. "Bernie" is winning, the media is just screwing him. Nah famb, I'm not buying that

Plus Clinton plans come off and more digestible to common person. And to honest, If I had my way, I might pick some of Hilldawg's plans over Bernie's.

A second thing, television viewer polls are a horrible judge of who "won" a debate, or even who did better. There is no why in knowing if the viewing audience is representative of the democratic voting base, and I'm willing to guess Bernie supporters are over represented

Other reason why the Dem machine in behind Clinton so much is that her campaign is helping congressional, state, and local candidates raise money together. Bernie can decry the campaign finance system all he wants, but for the 2016 it is how it it. The people Bernie would need for votes has to help elected too, Bernie and pats himself on the back about him only accepting same donations, but those things are only helping his campaign and no one else.

And really wishing progressive fans of Bernie wouldn't stop and think for a minute about all the Clinton shade the throwing out, especially when they see the only others doing it are right wingers. At should really to you guys.

And BTW, there are plenty other reasons why Clinton is the runaway candidate this cycle, and Bernie hasn't gain that much more traction.

Bernie not being able to articulate his plans for the masses is a major hit to him, if you can't convince the 20yr old in college or the 40yr old virgin, how can you convince world leaders and top military personnel? Some of his plans sound too radical, which is a plus and minus in that, it's an easy target for the opposition to attack, yet gets people talking in general.

The Democratic party has been preparing Hilldiggity for the last 8 years, they won't let all that hard work go to waste :lol:

I don't blame them, for Bernie to go up drop the ball in the general then we are stuck with one of those **** show GOP candidates.

One of the GOP's strength's is that the can fall in line and get on message.

Even when Dems have an easy W in sights, **** even when they get the W, they find a way to bicker among themselves.

-I want Bernie to win as much as the next man, but I refuse to paint Clinton has the enemy just because I want my way.

Because at the end of the day she would still be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than the alternative, which isn't Bernie, it is a Republican president

Last edited:
Did anybody else read about this?
Dartmouth College Breaks Out in Violence After Black Lives Matter Protest on Campus

A Black Lives Matter protest at Dartmouth University ended in violence and vulgar epithets when protesting students stormed through the library chanting and flipping people off.

The event took place this past week in Novack around 7:40 p.m. and participating students dressed in all-black while marching through the school. The night started out with a short speech, to which students apparently responded with “We shall overcome.”

According to The Tab, an anonymous 19-year-old student – who was studying at the time – described the moment when protesters started to walk through:
“I was sitting in Novack studying when a large group of protestors came in chanting ‘black lives matter.’ They gathered in the center of Novack amongst the tables where there were a number of people working peacefully. They kept shouting and started banging on tables. They demanded that people stand up to show their solidarity. Those who did not stand were targeted and questioned. There was a girl studying in one of the study rooms in Novack and the protestors stormed the room. She closed the door on one of the protestors which resulted in rage from many protestors. The girl then exited silently through the crowd while protestors screamed at her calling her a white b****. At one point the protestors crowded around a guy sitting on his laptop and stared at him screaming at him ‘If we cant study, you can’t study.’”

http://coed.com/2015/11/16/dartmouth-college-black-lives-matter-protest-violence-video-details/

I don't blame them, for Bernie to go up drop the ball in the general then we are stuck with one of those **** show GOP candidates.

One of the GOP's strength's is that the can fall in line and get on message.

Even when Dems have an easy W in sights, **** even when they get the W, they find a way to bicker among themselves.

-I want Bernie to win as much as the next man, but I refuse to paint Clinton has the enemy just because I want my way.

Because at the end of the day she would still be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than the alternative, which isn't Bernie, it is a Republican president

I have to disagree with the idea that Hillary Clinton is far more electable than Bernie Sanders. There are very few centrist, swing voters nowadays. Elections are about turnout and Hillary Clinton does not get young voters excited, she claims that she can get minority voters energized a la Obama but I have my doubts about that. Bernie Sanders has the potential to steal some white working class votes and Hillary Clinton does not (white folks in Middle America can over look social differences if the Democrat is offering a robust, populist economic agenda, Hillary Clinton is offering just more warmed over neo liberalism). Bernie Sanders is, if any thing, more electable in a General Election. In any case, Democrats have such an immense structural advantage in Presidential elections, both would be favorites in a General.

I agree that Hillary Clinton would be much better than the Republican alternative but that is not saying much. By nominating Clinton and her centrist ideas, we are rewarding Republicans for their extremism. The Republicans' hard right strategy is a political winner, they galvanize their people and win Congress and control of most States and while they do lose presidential elections, they move the political center far to the right. Hillary Clinton rushes to stand just inches to the left of the center, whereever it may be sitting at the moment.

Republicans are true to their principles (their racism, homophobic, xenophobic, misogynistic, plutocratic principles) and they win. They control everything but the White House and they manage to pull the right House to the Right on every major question of political economy. Maybe one day, this vaunted "coalition of the ascendant" will change that but in the mean time, we need to stop playing the politics of "not-as-bad" and be true to what be claim we believe. Hillary Clinton a is conservative who looks liberal by standing to the left of Republicans who are reactionaries, but that does not mean that we should settle. We need a Democratic nominee who actually believes in democracy.

Bernie Sanders will never be the nominee. The democrat establishment has already settled this matter. He would actually do some damage to big banks/Wall Street and the Dems are in bed with them. They won't allow it to happen.

Plus, he handed the nomination to Hillary once he took the email issue off the table. Plus his answer in Sarurday's debate about climate change causing terrorism exposed him for the loon he really is.

All you Benie fans might as well come to the realization that he won't win and was never going to be allowed to win. The DNC minimized the number of debates and scheduled them on days for minimal viewers. Less chance of Hillary blowing her lead. It's over, sorry.

Last edited:
I like Bernie as much as the next guy, but I think most of us knew deep down that Bernie wasn't going to win it (regardless of how much he's gained traction). I'm actually curious who Hilldawg will have as her VP.

From my viewpoint, it's really tough to argue against Wall St. money and we all know Hilldawg has major backing. Considering the social climate, I think she came in at the right time and will inevitably diddy bop into the White House.

And given the current roster of candidates on both sides, I personally see no reason to vote. I'll vote for you when I believe in you.

That being said, @RustyShackleford / Slighted for 2020 (#YFE -- Yambs for Everybody)

Last edited:
Look at the totalitarian nature of Hillary and her campaign. This is the precursor to a President Hillary throwing anyone who speaks ill of her into forced-labor or re-education camps:

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2...augh-factory-comedians-for-making-fun-of-her/

"In what appears to be a first for a serious presidential contender, Hillary Clinton’s campaign is going after five comedians who made fun of the former Secretary of State in standup skits at a popular Hollywood comedy club.

A video of the short performance, which is less than three minutes, is posted on the website of the renowned club, Laugh Factory, and the Clinton campaign has tried to censor it. Besides demanding that the video be taken down, the Clinton campaign has demanded the personal contact information of the performers that appear in the recording. This is no laughing matter for club owner Jamie Masada, a comedy guru who opened Laugh Factory more than three decades ago and has been instrumental in launching the careers of many famous comics. “They threatened me,” Masada told Judicial Watch. “I have received complains before but never a call like this, threatening to put me out of business if I don’t cut the video.”

Practically all of the country’s most acclaimed comedians have performed at the Laugh Factory and undoubtedly they have offended politicians and other well-known personalities with their standup routines. Tim Allen, Jay Leno, Roseanne Bar, Drew Carey, George Carlin, Jim Carrey, Martin Lawrence, Jerry Seinfeld and George Lopez are among the big names that have headlined at the Laugh Factory. The First Amendment right to free speech is a crucial component of the operation, though Masada drew the line a few years ago banning performers—including African Americans—from using the “n-word” in their acts.

The five short performances that Clinton wants eliminated include some profanity and portions could be considered crass, but some of the lines are funny and that’s what the Laugh Factory is all about. The video features the individual acts of five comedians, four men and a woman. The skits make fun of Clinton’s wardrobe, her age, sexual orientation, the Monica Lewinsky scandal and the former First Lady’s relationship with her famous husband. The Laugh Factory has appropriately titled it “Hillary vs. The First Amendment.”

Masada told Judicial Watch that, as soon as the video got posted on the Laugh Factory website, he received a phone call from a “prominent” person inside Clinton’s campaign. “He said the video was disgusting and asked who put me up to this,” Masada said. The Clinton staffer, who Masada did not want to identify, also demanded to know the names and phone numbers of the comedians that appear in the video. Masada refused and hung up. He insists that the comedy stage is a sanctuary for freedom of speech no matter who is offended. “Just last night we had (Emmy-award winner) Dana Carvey doing Donald Trump and it was hilarious,” Masada said."

Last edited:
Comedy is not funny anymore, not when the PC police are running rampant and ready to get "offended."

Rock and Seinfeld not performing at colleges was telling enough. I'm sure NT fam agrees that this is getting ridiculous.
“I hear that all the time,” Seinfeld said on The Herd with Colin Cowherd. “I don’t play colleges, but I hear a lot of people tell me, ‘Don’t go near colleges. They’re so PC.’”

Seinfeld says teens and college-aged kids don’t understand what it means to throw around certain politically-correct terms. “They just want to use these words: ‘That’s racist;’ ‘That’s sexist;’ ‘That’s prejudice,’” he said. “They don’t know what the hell they’re talking about.”
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/08/jerry-seinfeld-politically-correct-college-campuses

Last edited:

Comedy is not funny anymore, not when the PC police are running rampant and ready to get "offended."

Rock and Seinfeld not performing at colleges was telling enough. I'm sure NT fam agrees that this is getting ridiculous.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/08/jerry-seinfeld-politically-correct-college-campuses
Perpetuating negative stereotypes about race or sex is OK? Accepting intolerance for the sake of a joke is OK?
This guy must go to college.

“I hear that all the time,” Seinfeld said on The Herd with Colin Cowherd. “I don’t play colleges, but I hear a lot of people tell me, ‘Don’t go near colleges. They’re so PC.’”

Seinfeld says teens and college-aged kids don’t understand what it means to throw around certain politically-correct terms. “They just want to use these words: ‘That’s racist;’ ‘That’s sexist;’ ‘That’s prejudice,’” he said. “They don’t know what the hell they’re talking about.”

The outrage is getting a lil out of hand on college campuses, because kids don't like hearing things that upset them.

But there is nothing wrong with political correctness

Because when the pendulum swings in the other direction, you get nonsense like this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...erent-such-victims-of-reverse-discrimination/

We must reject your intolerance of comedians! We reject your hate speech!
laugh.gif
good try b. You can be funny without using racist stereotypes as part of your act.
You realize most of the racial stereotypes used in comedy are perpetuated by someone making fun of their own group, right?

And not all comedy is racial. It's observations making fun of us as humans for our quirks.

People tend to blur the lines of any and everthing today. Stereotypes become mannerisms and vice versa. If there's proof of what's being said, then it's not a stereotype, yet some people don't get that.

What is being done is grooming society to further dilute the truth in order to further ignore things that make people look bad or feel uncomfortable.

People tend to blur the lines of any and everthing today. Stereotypes become mannerisms and vice versa. If there's proof of what's being said, then it's not a stereotype, yet some people don't get that.

What is being done is grooming society to further dilute the truth in order to further ignore things that make people look bad or feel uncomfortable.
Actually, a stereotype is grouping EVERYONE in that group a certain way (typically negative) rather than just being away that that's the predominant action or belief among a group of people. The key is to look for the good in each person and/or group and work outward from there. We all have bad aspects of our lives and societies and should be willing to fix them. But we should also be able to make fun of ourselves at the same time without malice.

Last edited:

Actually, a stereotype is grouping EVERYONE in that group a certain way (typically negative) rather than just being away that that's the predominant action or belief among a group of people. The key is to look for the good in each person and/or group and work outward from there. We all have bad aspects of our lives and societies and should be willing to fix them. But we should also be able to make fun of ourselves at the same time without malice.

That's how most comedy is, but today they have to really be careful about jokes they tell which kills the craft. I can only imagine the flack that Richard Pryor or George Carlin would get today.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...es-weigh-erasing-woodrow-wilsons-name-n466796

What do people think of this type of stuff. Feel like it's a very slipery slope. In 100 years will people be trying to get rid of bill clinton's name because he was against gay marriage?

This is the kind of social justice i feel just makes people feel better and righteous as opposed to actually having a meaningful impact on minorities.

Back
Top Bottom