***Official Political Discussion Thread***

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...728948-e574-11e6-a547-5fb9411d332c_story.html

Counseling Trump in the effort will be Stephen K. Bannon, the White House chief strategist whose influence inside the administration is expanding far beyond politics. In a separate presidential memo, Trump reorganized the National Security Council to, along with other changes, give Bannon a regular seat on the principals committee — the meetings of the most senior national security officials, including the secretaries of defense and state.

That memo also states that the director of national intelligence and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff will sit on the principals committee only when the issues to be discussed pertain to their “responsibilities and expertise.” In the previous two administrations, both were included as regular attendees.

The White House thinks the changes will make the NSC more adaptive to modern threats. Trump said the changes would bring “a lot of efficiency and, I think, a lot of additional safety.”

The changes affirm the ascent of Bannon, the former executive chairman of Breitbart, a conservative website that is popular with white nationalists, who has emerged as Trump’s political consigliere and the keeper of the president’s populist flame.

Bannon has already been playing a major role in directing Trump’s foreign policy, administration officials say, and joined the president in the Oval Office on Saturday for his calls with Putin and several other world leaders.

This is the real story, and this is what you should be worried about.

How are you going to make the DNI and the Chairman of the JCS optional in national security meetings AND make the guy who wants to tear down the government a permanent member of it? How is it happening and you don't hear a peep from Congress or the press?

Bannon is the one behind the Holocaust Remembrance Day slight, and now the Muslim ban.

See this is what always makes me skeptical.

The hysteria in the media :smh:

Whos being deported and whos been banned?

Its just a stiffer vetting process for immigrants in countries with civil unrest and terrorist ties?

Is Indonesia on that list?

India?

Egypt?

See this is what always makes me skeptical.

The hysteria in the media :smh:

Whos being deported and whos been banned?

Its just a stiffer vetting process for immigrants in countries with civil unrest and terrorist ties?

Is Indonesia on that list?

India?

Egypt?

I'm Somali, my entire fathers side of family can't come to America. Cousins who were overseas traveling don't know if they can come back.

I have Syrian friends who are stuck in limbo.

Innocent people are being oppressed for being the wrong color and praying to the wrong god

You're smarter than this I know you are
He's got 90 day old on immigrants from radical islamic countries.

India, Pakistani, Bangladesh, Nigeria, and Egypt all have a higher muslim population.

The media is fueling a lot of hysteria.

Last edited:

He's got 90 day old on immigrants from highly terroist influenced countries.

India, Pakistani, Bangladesh, Nigeria, and Egypt all have a higher muslim population.

I have a hard time understanding what you're trying to say.

The media is fueling hysteria; how?

Trump supporters are so damn stupid. You have to break things down to them like they are little kids for them to understand why some of these policies are awful.

He's got 90 day old on immigrants from radical islamic countries.

if thats the case why isn't Saudi Arabia on the list? many of the people associated with the 9/11 attacks came from there

He's got 90 day old on immigrants from highly terroist influenced countries.

Maybe you missed the part where Trump say he'd give preference to Christian refugees from those countries.  

This isn't about Muslims though.  

Back
Top Bottom