***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I wonder what Gentleman LePage has to say? I hope his binder identifies more G Money and Smoothies.

That man had it all wrong. You have to win the presidency first before you start grabbing them by the *****

Maybe he was applying himself and living up to his potential. Not all of us can be gentleman scholars like President Don, but we can start somewhere.

Anyone feel like Trump is trying real hard to get impeached? :lol:
I feel like Pence is about to be president any moment

I don't think he's trying. I believe his narcissism has genuinely deluded him into thinking he can do whatever he wants.
Nobody with the slightest common sense would be telling the WSJ he'd be open to lifting the sanctions "if they get along" amidst all this controversy
And deliberately trying to get impeached would neither help him nor Putin. But I would bet on him not lasting a full term.

Last edited:

I still can't belive this...Russia hacked the DNC and leaked the emails in order to elect Donald Trump.

Trump gets elected,

- brings back Paul Manafort dude paid for by russian oligarchs,
- appoints Michael Flynn who worked for russian propaganda network RT
- hires Rex Tillersson, freind of Russia, and the closest american to Valdamir Putin

and republicans either stay silent or sudenley become fans or russia in the name of partisanship and taking health care away from poor, old, and sick people.

??????. scary. hours.

yo maaan Americas institutions have been irreparably damaged forever, I really don't see how your political system can come back from this. :lol:

Last edited:
I still can't belive this...Russia hacked the DNC and leaked the emails in order to elect Donald Trump.

Trump gets elected,

- hires Rex Tillersson, freind of Russia, and the closest american to Valdamir Putin

and republicans either stay silent or sudenley become fans or russia in the name of partisanship and taking health care away from poor, old, and sick people.

??????. scary. hours.

yo maaan Americas institutions have been irreparably damaged forever, I really don't see how your political system can come back from this. :lol:
The institution or system isn't broken

It's the people who are.

Trump gets elected,

??????. scary. hours.

Thank you for reminding us. The feeling of absolute terror was starting to weaken for a second

It's the people who are.

nah presidential system of goverment, kinda sucks and is prone to instability imo.

it promotes partisanship and dysfunction.

and the checks and balances part doesn't even work when one insane levels of partisnaship means GOP will follow trump into the abyss if it means they can take healcare away from poor people.

When was the last time in American history that Republicans and Democrats actually worked together for a full presidential term?

Last edited:
When was the last time in American history that Republicans and Democrats actually worked together for a full presidential term?

That would be 199-Never

And even scarier last time GOP had control of every branch of government we promptly went into a great depression. And that was without having a Manchurian Candidate as a German puppet at the time.

Last edited:

Trump gets elected,

??????. scary. hours.

Seems most folks don't seem to be buying it at least :lol:

POLL: 82% of Americans describe Russia as a 'threat' to the United States

(Reuters/Ipsos, January 2017)

It's the people who are.

nah presidential system of goverment, kinda sucks and is prone to instability imo.

it promotes partisanship and dysfunction.

and the checks and balances part doesn't even work when one insane levels of partisnaship means GOP will follow trump into the abyss if it means they can take healcare away from poor people.
I will agree to disagree
The system, while not perfect, allows for the states to represent themselves and their representatives to have a say on national level politics that could also affect their state policies. What we have seen in every election is an accurate view of how the average American wants their government to be run, even though they hate that same government :lol:

Which is why I said what's happening is not the system's fault, but the people's fault, because at the end of the day, they are choosing who they want to represent them, and for the most part, the likes of Mitch McConnell or Paul Ryan aren't held accountable because they keep getting re elected by the same damn people.

I really do believe Americans want change, but we are so easily fearful that we will vote for someone that may not best represent what we want.

I don't think he's trying. I believe his narcissism has genuinely deluded him into thinking he can do whatever he wants.

To be fair it's not really a delusion anymore - he's consistently done or said terrible things and everything's still working out for him.

At the moment I'm hoping for the windiest day ever in Washington on Friday - I'd love to see him try to control his hair all afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom