***Official Political Discussion Thread***

This interview is not horrible

But it is not good

It is just adding to the pile

On aggregate Joe was a good president. Four solid years is a good legacy. He should step aside.

Him losing a few steps isn't his fault. But staying in a race that is slipping further and further away from him will be.
Who is taking his place in 125 days fam.

.....uh, do you know what an analogy is?
It’s a dumb analogy

Kamala Harris can take his place on the top of the ticket right now

I will still vote for Biden over Trump, without question

But I don't see the point in at handwaving a major political issue helping Trump

If Biden is up for the task, he isn't showing it.
No she can’t, she would have to literally introduce herself to America, convince them to back her inspite her not winning the primary, deal with the internal strife, deal with sexism, deal with racism, deal with republicans, and deal with Trump.

If we had a year out. Sure, in fact I am pretty sure there is a post of mine in here saying I was worried before the primaries about this age issue and then saying after the primaries it was too late to change candidates. With 5 months left, if you swap her in for him, she loses.

I am well aware

I used a jokey analogy to drive home a point in a funny way.

That one of Biden's friends should level with him

You really doing too much right now
Because I am stunned at the fact ya’ll don’t realize we don’t have time to “change horses mid race”. It’s never worked. We either ride this old horse over the finish line or get prepared for project 2025 domestically and Russia and China gain more global influence abroad.

I’m confident that if the interview response isn’t good Joe will not seek reelection. He stepped up to defeat Trump last time when he was our only hope and I am very grateful. He has been one of the most successful presidents that we have ever had for which he should be proud and if not for his age we wouldn’t be talking which is sad because our party does this same nonsense every time to grab defeat from the jaws of victory.I want us to win in November and I believe that we will but I have 0 confidence that this party or the media will give Kamala any grace and they will do the same nonsense to her. The overall problem I have is that the democratic base and party are beyond spineless and weak and run at the first sign of adversity. We spend too much time on friendly fire and turn on our own when Republicans circle the wagons. Hillary is our president if clowns like Cenk and Ana Clownsparian don’t encourage former Bernie supporters to support Jill Stein to “stick it to corporate dems”. Thanks to them a President is a King and Roe v Wade is gone. Congratulations to those folks

It will be sad when a racist in Western PA that hates Trump but can’t vote for Kamala ends up being the deciding factor even when polling shows Kamala carrying that state.

Project 2025 stuff is really, really scary. These dudes are in for a surprise if they think they're just going to kill liberals who object to them shredding democracy and the constitution.

Something, something, "You think they stopped making them after they made yours?"

Because I am stunned at the fact ya’ll don’t realize we don’t have time to “change horses mid race”. It’s never worked. We either ride this old horse over the finish line or get prepared for project 2025 domestically and Russia and China gain more global influence abroad.
Dude you are guessing

We are guessing

Or calculation of which is riskier is different

Ok, fine.

But all you are doing is being hyperbolic because people dare have another read on things

Then you take things further to imply that Biden is some lock to win, so people are just asking for the country to be doomed if they don't ride with Biden.

When all signs point to that not being the case.

Like I said, you are doing to much.

Dude you are guessing

We are guessing

Or calculation of which is riskier is different

Ok, fine.

But all you are doing is being hyperbolic because people dare have another read on things

Then you take things further to imply that Biden is some lock to win, so people are just asking for the country to be doomed if they don't ride with Biden.

When all signs point to that not being the case.

Like I said, you are doing to much.
I am not trying to get banned or have Meth give me a warning

But, it’s not going to work, it’s literally too much work and too many hurdles in the time left. I am not expressing an opinion. I’m telling ya’ll a political truth. I’ve worked on city and state campaigns and just on that level 5 months would be almost impossible. The Biden re-election is going full speed. You can’t just pass that onto Kamala.

I could try to be wittier with this message, but clearly there is a need to be as blunt as possible for everyone to hear the message. I passionately do not want another Trump term. It’s too late, to switch to anyone but Biden and honestly most of the critiques of Biden stink of ageism.

There is too much at risk for people to just quietly let the narrative continue. Also when has Osh Kosh ever been right politically? Idk who Trappadona is but they were trying to use a Republican Wordpress to prove their point. This whole narrative “we can vote for someone else” is an exercise in futility. And bad jokes about old people.

I will say is that one advantage Kamala will have is that as much as Republicans want to say the Biden Harris record isn’t good their record is very strong. Maybe if you take the ageism out of it you could get people focused on all of their accomplishments. However that might be offset by Kamala’s gender and race noting the anti diversity sentiment that will be prevalent.

I will say is that one advantage Kamala will have is that as much as Republicans want to say the Biden Harris record isn’t good their record is very strong. Maybe if you take the ageism out of it you could get people focused on all of their accomplishments. However that might be offset by Kamala’s gender and race noting the anti diversity sentiment that will be prevalent.
For there to be a belief that racism and sexism wouldn’t crush her she would have to win the primaries. You can’t have her take his role now and expect her to get over those hurdles at the same time. It’s a recipe for a loss and if she was smart she wouldn’t want it either.

The problem is, we know just how dangerous losing this election is

But I do wonder without the October surprise how Hillary would have done.. and thus the larger ramifications on this discussion for a black woman like Kamala

But obvious she would do a better job in a debate setting defending their record of the last 4 years.. but given the current state of media, it might not matter.. these dudes would pull dr umar into prime time to discuss her marrying a white guy or watch how Montel Williams becomes relevant again, they already BEEN mispronouncing her name in spite of working with and knowing the woman for years

For there to be a belief that racism and sexism wouldn’t crush her she would have to win the primaries. You can’t have her take his role now and expect her to get over those hurdles at the same time. It’s a recipe for a loss and if she was smart she wouldn’t want it either.
We got Trump because of Obama so their turnout will be massive. Will the folks on our side that want to switch things up turn out in massive numbers we need? I sure hope so. Project 25 and the courts should be enough but our side needs I’ll find something else they don’t like about Kamala

1720228781750.png

I am not trying to get banned or have Meth give me a warning

I have no clue what the hell it is supposed to mean

You want to insult me or something?

If so, that is your problem, not mine.
But, it’s not going to work, it’s literally too much work and too many hurdles in the time left. I am not expressing an opinion. I’m telling ya’ll a political truth. I’ve worked on city and state campaigns and just on that level 5 months would be almost impossible. The Biden re-election is going full speed. You can’t just pass that onto Kamala.
And I have worked on tons of campaigns to. City, county, state, federal.

And I disagree

Sorry if I don't take your word as gospel

I just have a different opinion on things

I could try to be wittier with this message, but clearly there is a need to be as blunt as possible for everyone to hear the message. I passionately do not want another Trump term. It’s too late, to switch to anyone but Biden and honestly most of the critiques of Biden stink of ageism.

I don't want another Trump term

At this point I believe the probability of that happening is higher with Biden at the top of the ticket

You can present your argument in any fashion you want. I would still disagree

There is too much at risk for people to just quietly let the narrative continue.
You can't ask people to ignore what they are seeing with their eyes

Also when has Osh Kosh ever been right politically?
Many times

And I think he has gotten some stuff wrong too

IMO, the main issue he has sometimes is he doesn't argue his points in the most constructive ways at times. I have said this to him.

However, I think he is right on this subject, and generally has presented his views in a cogent manner.

Idk who Trappadona is but they were trying to use a Republican Wordpress to prove their point. This whole narrative “we can vote for someone else” is an exercise in futility. And bad jokes about old people.
Famb I don't know what this paragraph is suppose to be interference to

I am only defending what I have said. No one else

Trappadonna please, post more livejournal websites trying to prove your point
I think it’s your username that’s so hilarious with your tone deaf problems. Biden’s just fine! He can’t remember the red wave was supposed to happen in 2022 and not 2020 or 2024, but it’s just ageism! He just had a “bad night” at the debate. Can’t take you seriously at all cause the delusion is so strong.

Back
Top Bottom