***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I also think that we need to be aware of the facts and relevant questions and operate accordingly. My thoughts are as follows.

1. It’s ok to wonder if Joe is the right person to beat Trump.

2. Will the dems in disarray narrative settle down if Joe stays or leaves and how will that impact turn out?

3. Is it too late to switch horses? I think it might be but I also want to win so if it switching wins then I’m good.

4. I think Russia and its bots are fueling a lot of this as well because if Trump wins Ukraine is lost so they know the stakes.

5. The media is just gross and complicit in this. Trump by my own eyes is senile and forgets just as much if not more than Joe but no calls for him to resign.

6. Our side needs to get a whole lot tougher. We are only in July and if all it takes is a bad debate and the Supreme Court to have us running scared and turning on Joe we have no hope because Kamala will be next.

I have no clue what the hell it is supposed to mean

You want to insult me or something?

If so, that is your problem, not mine.

And I have worked on tons of campaigns to. City, county, state, federal.

And I disagree

Sorry if I don't take your word as gospel

I just have a different opinion on things

I don't want another Trump term

At this point I believe the probability of that happening is higher with Biden at the top of the ticket

You can present your argument in any fashion you want. I would still disagree

You can't ask people to ignore what they are seeing with their eyes

Many times

And I think he has gotten some stuff wrong too

IMO, the main issue he has sometimes is he doesn't argue his points in the most constructive ways at times. I have said this to him.

However, I think he is right on this subject, and generally has presented his views in a cogent manner.

Famb I don't know what this paragraph is suppose to be interference to

I am only defending what I have said. No one else
Man Meth lurks this page and drops hammers on people. I don’t need a ban or a well researched post on why I am wrong. I am actually nervous to keep saying his name cause he might pop up.

Anyhow you had me until you said Osh kosh has got many things right….

Have you ever worked on losing campaigns? I’ve worked a few primary losers and usually the main red flag is they started late and I am not talking late like filing the paperwork late. I am talking late like, they didn’t get any support from outside political, organizational or even church support lined up before they began to “officially” run. From what I have seen most successful campaigns is the second part of the campaign. The first part is getting the right people to buy in. The two don’t overlap because there isn’t enough time in the day and if your not first to get buy in you usually have to outbid the first person they promised and sometimes you can’t do that. That’s your job as a candidate, get support, and then let the staff do the rest. Once the campaign starts your not forming alliances your giving speeches and shaking hands with constituents.

Nationally…. It would take Kamala months to line up the support she needs. Especially since she would be inheriting the role. It’s a political nightmare. A logistical one too.

Honestly the lack of a VP on Trump side hurts her because she hasn’t even been able to debate anyone. It’s almost the perfect storm for her to come in and have all time bad campaign.

I think it’s your username that’s so hilarious with your tone deaf problems. Biden’s just fine! He can’t remember the red wave was supposed to happen in 2022 and not 2020 or 2024, but it’s just ageism! He just had a “bad night” at the debate. Can’t take you seriously at all cause the delusion is so strong.
Yes, yes, let’s mock the guy with stuttering problems. For the misuse of words. He’s always messes up with he publicly speaks. Let’s not look at his record over the last 4 years. The fact he did an interview and a rally on the same day. You wrote he wasn’t aware of his surroundings a few post ago which is a joke.

I don’t know if this is ragebait or real but clearly you’re trying to make connections to prove your point, but you don’t have any real context. Just nonsense websites.

Man the Dems are just awful at the game of politics. They can have the greatest platform ever to help people but they are so god awful at messaging that it gets lost. Trump gets 34 felonies and the right rallies around him and says it's all bs. Biden has a bad debate and half the left wants to play look at me so they can get a headline. If Biden really is in bad shape, they should have never let him debate. Just say it's not worth it bc Trump does nothing but lie and they've already done it before. If he's not that bad, just shut up and rally around the guy. The Dems are falling right into the hands of the media and making this drag on forever.

I'm voting for whoever is on the left but man it's frustrating watching the Dems piss down their own leg over and over. Right now we should be talking about the SCOTUS turning us back 50 years but na we gotta talk about this.

I think that would be advisable. We are all on the same team.
Which team?

The team that understands the danger of the Republican program, or the team that cares more about a candidate that gives them butterflies in the stomach?

The call to replace Biden ignores everything Wargames Wargames laid out. I just read an opinion piece from the Nation that argues that the only reason we are not talking more about the Trump agenda and his fascist tendencies is because of Biden's presumed mental condition. Really?

Imagine Biden getting all the sleep he needs in retirement while President Kamala Harris leads the charge against Trump’s fascist threat. Imagine if Harris were holding rallies and giving daily interviews where she explains to the public what Project 2025 is and what Trump is threatening to do to both Republican and Democratic lawmakers. Imagine if President Harris were doing what President Biden has singularly failed to do in the last few months: make clear to the public the real stakes of the 2024 election.

In such a scenario, America would get the election they deserve, one where they could clearly repudiate a would-be dictator. But until Biden resigns, that clearly focused campaign on behalf of democracy cannot be launched.

Fine. Let's indulge those who think that the threat to American democracy is a lesser concern than voting for an old guy who poses no threat to our institutions. And let's not be surprised when, in October, a statistically significant chunk of the electorate decides to not vote for Kamala because they can't see themselves calling her husband "First Gentleman."

There's a level of irrationality that I have a hard time accepting when it comes to the American electorate. It's just baffling.

Dems tend to message in three ways:

1.) the GOP would be worse

2.) we look out for the vulnerable (at least relative to the GOP)

3.) voting for us is therefore the right thing to do morally.

All of that is technically true. BUT they need a fourth thing.

They need emphasize how much more enjoyable and fun life is.

It’s fun to be allowed to buy cannabis at the corner. It’s fun to be able to use transit and not have to worry about drinking too much to drive. Long weekends are fun. PTO is fun (or at the very least, makes life less stressful. Being able to live an active life and not having to fear bankruptcy due to an emergency room, makes life better. And of course having sex without fear of a state mandated pregnancy is fun.

Give the GOP a taste of their own medicine. Portray them as busy bodies, kill joys, and neurotic puritans who want to control your life.

Like it or not, the average swing voter is a consumer.

Trump is promising a better consumer experience. Dems need to counter that.

It’s the GOP who wants you living in a pod, eating bugs, and owning nothing. American voters, marginalized or not, deserve better.

Which team?

The team that understands the danger of the Republican program, or the team that cares more about a candidate that gives them butterflies in the stomach?

The call to replace Biden ignores everything Wargames Wargames laid out. I just read an opinion piece from the Nation that argues that the only reason we are not talking more about the Trump agenda and his fascist tendencies is because of Biden's presumed mental condition. Really?

Fine. Let's indulge those who think that the threat to American democracy is a lesser concern than voting for an old guy who poses no threat to our institutions. And let's not be surprised when, in October, a statistically significant chunk of the electorate decides to not vote for Kamala because they can't see themselves calling her husband "First Gentleman."

There's a level of irrationality that I have a hard time accepting when it comes to the American electorate. It's just baffling.
The same team meaning everyone that will be impacted by a Trump Presidency if we lose.

It’s no wonder Dems are so bad at winning elections if people like you are running campaigns. Yep, it’s just his 2020 stutter we’re seeing on display. Keep on deluding yourself until 11/5
I Worked campaigns. Not ran campaigns, and I worked for a few winners too thank you very much. I had a whole life in recruitment and outreach, before that I use to be in shipping, now I am legal field. Idk I seen some stuff, I try to bring it all together when I can and right now it’s saying you have an agenda that you’re running with regardless of what is being said.

To be honest this says more about the American electorate than anything else. The reality is that everyone on here is right. If our fellow Americans weren’t such scums and bigots we wouldn’t be here. If MAGA weren’t such a disease the stakes wouldn’t feel and be so high. It’s crazy that folks are treating Joe like LBJ during Vietnam when almost every metric other than his age is trending in the right direction. Trump is directly responsible for the death of 1 million Americans, the destruction of the administrative state, the destruction of reproductive rights and the view that a president that’s a convicted felon is somehow a king. The choice is clear but our side just isn’t committed enough. Joe being old should be a non story when you look at his actual record and what he’s done and achieved. He has been the most progressive and successful president that I’ve seen during my 40 years of being alive. Joe got things done that shouldn’t be possible in this MAGA world. Trump was literally falling asleep during his trial and confused Obama with Biden several times but we get crickets. Trump was telling people to drink bleach and hiding documents in the bathroom yet he’s a better choice because Joe is old? Where is the consistency? We lose elections because our side refuses to just close ranks and lock in. We literally have over performed in every election since 2020. We have the momentum but our leaders are a joke. Many have direct access to Joe but instead of going to him or his staff they go running to CNN and The NY Times. When was the last time a MAGA did that? Pathetic and disgusting.

If Biden was doing this,

IMG_4389.gif

Yeah, he should drop out.

But he’s just slow with highly short term recall. A big share of swing voters are 65-85 white home owners who have trouble with short term memory.

When normal people start paying attention in September and October. Trump’s weaknesses will become more and impactful.

The indictments, the felonies, his bragging/joking about being a dictator, his tariffs, his deportation promises, and his embrace of harsh anti abortion measures, will be one more and more of a liability.

Trust in the power of negative polarization.

If Biden was doing this,

IMG_4389.gif

Yeah, he should drop out.

But he’s just slow with highly short term recall. A big share of swing voters are 65-85 white home owners who have trouble with short term memory.

When normal people start paying attention in September and October. Trump’s weaknesses will become more and impactful.

The indictments, the felonies, his bragging/joking about being a dictator, his tariffs, his deportation promises, and his embrace of harsh anti abortion measures, will be one more and more of a liability.

Trust in the power of negative polarization.
Trump one time said we should nuke a hurricane…. While in office. Like come on… I keep thinking back to all the stupid **** that man said between 2016-2020 and then when he moved out he took nuclear secrets with him and put them in a bathroom.

Like what are we debating here.

Back
Top Bottom