***Official Political Discussion Thread***

This is a pretty ******* big story. I don’t think we get to next week without the mainstream media beginning to go into it. Even if it’s just verifying sources. They should be investigating this.
That story is from years ago lol before Trump even ran.

Some of these takes are getting downright hilarious. Biden’s cooked and you think Trump is going to be investigated for rape allegations you didn’t even know about being reported on over the past decade?!

That story is from years ago lol before Trump even ran.

Some of these takes are getting downright hilarious. Biden’s cooked and you think Trump is going to be investigated for rape allegations you didn’t even know about being reported on over the past decade?!

IMG_6559.gif

Ya boy Trump is hilarious…. And a pedophile

Lets take a step back and use pure logic on the upcoming election. Hear me out.....Trump lost biggly to Biden in 2020 (popular vote by 7 million votes and 306 to 232 elector votes). Now, what makes people think that Biden voters are gonna switch in big enough numbers to vote for Trump knowing how his presidency was? As I said before Trump had the element of suprise in winning 2016, he doesnt have that now, thats why he lost in 2020 and will lose this november again. And no.....this last debate wont sway enough people to switch to voting for orange fat ***. Biden's old but so is Trump, and a lot of his voters became disgusted by him through the years, I just dont see millions (maybe 10 million) of voters switching red now. Im confident in a blue win whoever they run against Trump.

Lets take a step back and use pure logic on the upcoming election. Hear me out.....Trump lost biggly to Biden in 2020 (popular vote by 7 million votes and 306 to 232 elector votes).

There are facts that your logic misses tho.

Biden didn't win 2020 by that much.

He won by essentially 44k votes accros in the states that mattered.

Trumps coalition is more electorally efficient, all it takes a small erosion in Biden's support for Trump to win.

Now, what makes people think that Biden voters are gonna switch in big enough numbers to vote for Trump knowing how his presidency was?

1. The polls.

when swing state voters are polled, they seem to prefer Trump to Biden.

2. Double Haters. There are unprecedented amount of swing voters who hate both candidates. 67% of them currently say they will vote for Trump.

And no.....this last debate wont sway enough people to switch to voting for orange fat ***.

Yah but that's bad for Biden.
He's losing. If the debate didn't sway anyone... he's currently still losing.

That's why Dems are freaking out.

Biden assured people that he'd prove his fitness in an early debate and voters would come back to him. Instead he did the opposite.

Biden could win but it's best a toss up, more likely Trump Is the favorite.

IMG_6559.gif

Ya boy Trump is hilarious…. And a pedophile

This is so stereotypical. You think I’m a trump supporter cause I used my brain to determine a decade of the worst person in the country showing himself to be exactly who he is STILL isn’t changing the historically disastrous candidacy of Biden.

Denial is a helluva drug!

There are facts that your logic misses tho.

Biden didn't win 2020 by that much.

He won by essentially 44k votes accros in the states that mattered.

Trumps coalition is more electorally efficient, all it takes a small erosion in Biden's support for Trump to win.

1. The polls.

when swing state voters are polled, they seem to prefer Trump to Biden.

2. Double Haters. There are unprecedented amount of swing voters who hate both candidates. 67% of them currently say they will vote for Trump.

Yah but that's bad for Biden.
He's losing. If the debate didn't sway anyone... he's currently still losing.

That's why Dems are freaking out.

Biden assured people that he'd prove his fitness in an early debate and voters would come back to him. Instead he did the opposite.

Biden could win but it's best a toss up, more likely Trump Is the favorite.
Not even swing states now. Biden will lose New Mexico, probably NH as well. Anyone thinking he’ll rebound from the debate and the extreme flow of horrendous insider accounts is off their rocker at this point.

There’s at least 4 dems polling 49-50% head to head with Trump in battleground states. Biden would be lucky to hit 45% at this point in any of those states. Not to mention the others he’s put back into contest outside of these. It’s a (barely) walking disaster.

IMG_0286.jpeg

This is so stereotypical. You think I’m a trump supporter cause I used my brain to determine a decade of the worst person in the country showing himself to be exactly who he is STILL isn’t changing the historically disastrous candidacy of Biden.

Let's talk about denial:

1720218490477.png

An empty White House is better than this, but the White House can't stay empty, and third party candidates don't have a mathematical chance to occupy it.

Let's talk about denial:

1720218490477.png

An empty White House is better than this, but the White House can't stay empty, and third party candidates don't have a mathematical chance to occupy it.
This is fear mongering at its finest though. They won’t have the votes in the senate nor McConnell to pass even one of those policies.

None of that changes the fact that Biden isn’t recovering and making up 5+ pts anywhere deciding this election. So run the guaranteed loser, watch him fall on his face after the convention in another disastrous debate a week before early voting starts? Sounds like an amazing plan that the deciding 10% of voters will love!

If you think Trump is the worst person in the country then I recommend you vote for Biden. Then you should understand we don’t have time for a redux of Bernie and Hillary with Biden and a bunch of hypothetical candidates.

Not even swing states now. Biden will lose New Mexico, probably NH as well. Anyone thinking he’ll rebound from the debate and the extreme flow of horrendous insider accounts is off their rocker at this point.

There’s at least 4 dems polling 49-50% head to head with Trump in battleground states. Biden would be lucky to hit 45% at this point in any of those states. Not to mention the others he’s put back into contest outside of these. It’s a (barely) walking disaster.

IMG_0286.jpeg

I say that as someone who voted for Bernie and Warren in the 2016 and 2020 primaries. We got all of 2028 to fight it out again and you are not helping in 2024.

If you think any candidate can come in with 5 months until the election and win the election now based on polls. Then you’re not at all familiar with how hard it is to get a campaign going, let alone to get it to the point a candidate can win.

This is fear mongering at its finest though. They won’t have the votes in the senate nor McConnell to pass even one of those policies.

None of that changes the fact that Biden isn’t recovering and making up 5+ pts anywhere deciding this election. So run the guaranteed loser, watch him fall on his face after the convention in another disastrous debate a week before early voting starts? Sounds like an amazing plan that the deciding 10% of voters will love!
If you paid attention to the recent Supreme Court cases he doesn’t need congress. This feels like when people were like “don’t worry about the Supreme Court, vote with conscience” and now we’re ****** there but some voters got a moral victory worth squat. Some of these he can do through executive order and the Supreme Court just ruling he can do it.

If you think Trump is the worst person in the country then I recommend you vote for Biden. Then you should understand we don’t have time for a redux of Bernie and Hillary with Biden and a bunch of hypothetical candidates.

I say that as someone who voted for Bernie and Warren in the 2016 and 2020 primaries. We got all of 2028 to fight it out again and you are not helping in 2024.

If you think any candidate can come in with 5 months until the election and win the election now based on polls. Then you’re not at all familiar with how hard it is to get a campaign going, let alone to get it to the point a candidate can win.
Campaign going? The big money pulled out this week. You really need to wake up to the fact that this election won’t be decided by people who already see Trump for who he is.

What more could he do to hurt himself? Convicted rapist, grifter, fraudster who tried to stage a coup. It’s all out there. But he looks coherent compared to Biden and expecting Trump to level out the race with a public appearance as disastrous as Biden’s debate (or the other glaring brain lapses we’ve witnessed the past 18 mos) is a pipe dream.

Bottom line is the average undecided American sees no way Joe Biden’s brain doesn’t degrade to the point he can in no way make it through 4 years. Hell, 80% of the country is unsure he can even perform his job currently. There’s nothing in American presidential politics to compare this to because no one has seen a president speak gibberish and freeze on live TV for 90 minutes after a week of “preparation”.

If you paid attention to the recent Supreme Court cases he doesn’t need congress. This feels like when people were like “don’t worry about the Supreme Court, vote with conscience” and now we’re ****** there but some voters got a moral victory worth squat. Some of these he can do through executive order and the Supreme Court just ruling he can do it.
I’m well aware, but executive orders aren’t going to enact legislation on most of those issues.

We need Biden to drop out in the next week and put it all behind Kamala and someone who can get the swing state votes. Go all in on stacking the courts and passing progressive legislation. There’s a chance of winning vs accepting defeat.

Clips are out of the Biden interview:
“Did you watch the debate afterward?”
“I don’t think I did.”

Anyone thinking he’s salvaging things is off their rocker.

Sounds like 2016 all over again.

The people who authored the document are literally saying: "this is what we will do, and to make it happen, we will get rid of those republicans who don't want to go as far as we want."

Did you read any of the first items in that list? There are current members of Congress who are drafting policies that already go in that direction.

Isn't it kind of naive to believe that McConnell is some sort of principled congressman who will stand against abuse of power? Did you forget the double standard he applied between Garland's nomination (a GOP choice) and Barrett's? With another Trump presidency, you can bet that political survival will take precedence over any kind of principles. Just look at Graham, Rubio, and Cruz.

Project 2025 can do a ton of damage no matter the make up of Congress.

The GOP has a great chance at a trifecta

They can make changes to the Affordable Care Act and the Tax Code if they have a trifecta through budget reconciliation.

The Heritage Foundation has a plan no matter the scenario. And it is a long term project. One I think might push towards filibuster reform if they see the long term outlook being favorable to them.

So yeah, I don't think it is fear mongering for people to bring them up.

Campaign going? The big money pulled out this week. You really need to wake up to the fact that this election won’t be decided by people who already see Trump for who he is.

What more could he do to hurt himself? Convicted rapist, grifter, fraudster who tried to stage a coup. It’s all out there. But he looks coherent compared to Biden and expecting Trump to level out the race with a public appearance as disastrous as Biden’s debate (or the other glaring brain lapses we’ve witnessed the past 18 mos) is a pipe dream.

Bottom line is the average undecided American sees no way Joe Biden’s brain doesn’t degrade to the point he can in no way make it through 4 years. Hell, 80% of the country is unsure he can even perform his job currently. There’s nothing in American presidential politics to compare this to because no one has seen a president speak gibberish and freeze on live TV for 90 minutes after a week of “preparation”.

You think the campaign is just money from a Disney Heiress?

You are over reacting. All you’re points are based on flash polls, politicians with questionable party loyalty, a few angry debutantes, and NY Times Click bait.

You can feel however you want. We’re running it back. I’m not going to get caught political fantasy.

Sounds like 2016 all over again.

The people who authored the document are literally saying: "this is what we will do, and to make it happen, we will get rid of those republicans who don't want to go as far as we want."

Did you read any of the first items in that list? There are current members of Congress who are drafting policies that already go in that direction.

Isn't it kind of naive to believe that McConnell is some sort of principled congressman who will stand against abuse of power? Did you forget the double standard he applied between Garland's nomination (a GOP choice) and Barrett's? With another Trump presidency, you can bet that political survival will take precedence over any kind of principles. Just look at Graham, Rubio, and Cruz.
I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how govt works if you actually believe all of those things will happen in a second trump term. His success came from judicial nominations and tax cuts. Realistically his incompetence and that of those he put in his admin limited getting anything truly horrifying into legislation.

Project 2025 has been pumping this stuff for 6 mos and people are harping on it now because things are so dangerously bad for Biden.

The reality is if you run Biden you risk losing all of the down-ballot votes and actually giving the R’s majorities in both chambers. Anyone young and fit for office will at least give those people a chance.

The denial we’re witnessing right now is a natural cult-like groupthink that eerily echoes MAGA. Get anyone else in the race if you really don’t want to see a second Trump term.

You think the campaign is just money from a Disney Heiress?

You are over reacting. All you’re points are based on flash polls, politicians with questionable party loyalty, a few angry debutantes, and NY Times Click bait.

You can feel however you want. We’re running it back. I’m not going to get caught political fantasy.
Considering Trump has more money in the coffers today than Biden is a major disadvantage if you don’t have big money lined up for the next 3 months. And it ain’t just a Disney heiress. If you think it’s that limited you’re willfully ignoring what’s going on.

I’m well aware, but executive orders aren’t going to enact legislation on most of those issues.
Schedule F:

Weeks before the 2020 election, President Trump unveiled an executive order that would have created a new class of political appointee, Schedule F. The order would have allowed a president to turn any career official with a policy advisory role into a political appointee, removing job protection and opening the door to vastly politicize the federal workforce.

President Biden rescinded the order, but Trump has made it a central feature of his re-election campaign as part of his effort to take control of “the deep state.” It’s not just Trump. Schedule F has also been more broadly accepted among Republicans, featuring in the Mandate for Leadership guide that the Heritage Foundation produces for prospective Republican presidents.

We've seen the impact of Trump appointing DeVos and Carson as secretaries of education and housing. Imagine what would happen if Trump could nominate everyone in those departments down to the entry-level agency worker?

You can influence states to adopt policies you prefer simply by controlling federal funds they are entitled to, and having Trump appointing ideological allies down to that level would make it very easy for him to impact folks who think their "blue" state government will insulate them from DC. We've had a preview of this method of governing during the initial COVID response.

Back
Top Bottom