OFFICIAL Pacific 10 Basketball Tournament Thread

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by The Sports Expert

Arizona just fell apart in the second half.

Kevin O'Neill just can't get this team to make any adjustments.
The Pac-10 officials are the worst in the history of mankind, but that didn't really have anything to do with this game. Brook Lopez ate Jordan Hill for lunch. Arizona needs some toughness, like a Gene Edgerson type of guy who wouldn't think twice about elbowing some skinny white mormon guy from BYU in the face just to let him know that he's there.

Bayless had a tough day shooting, as did the rest of the Cats. Budinger needs to be more of a take charge guy. He's so talented, but he just looks like he's on cruise control out there.

Well, so much for my sleeper pick...on to a first round loss in the NCAA's and Kevin O'Neill's emminent departure...thus keeping Jerryd Bayless around for a title run alongside Jennings next year.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Maybe a NIT title run.
indifferent.gif
nowyou are just losing credibility if you don't think next year if Chase & Bayless come back with Hill & the addition of Jennings that theywouldn't be a top 3-4 Pac-10 team and easily make the NCAA tourney.

Zona will get a higher seed then ASU
Dancin is dancin my friend.

Chase should go while his stock is still high....unless he has something to prove next year.

Bayless is iffy..

Pac-10:
No. 4 Southern California vs. No. 1 UCLA (9 p.m.)
No. 3 Wazzu vs. No. 2 Stanford (11:30 p.m.)

LOS ANGELES -- Sunday will be about a strange day for Oregon and Arizona. Neither has had to sweat out Selection Sunday recently. Oregon has been eitherclearly in or out under coach Ernie Kent in 11 seasons. And when there was some doubt about Oregon's chances in 2003, the Ducks went out and won the Pac-10tournament. Arizona has been to the NCAAs 23 straight seasons, and none of those trips were in doubt, according to the Wildcats. Yet, after Oregon lost toWashington State 75-70 and Arizona fell to Stanford 75-64 in Thursday's Pac-10 quarterfinals, the two squads are left dangling in advance of SelectionSunday. "It's going to be odd; it's going to be a long 48 hours," said Kent. The Ducks (18-13, 9-9 Pac-10) have a decent résumé with a roadwin at Kansas State, as well as Pac-10 wins over Stanford, Arizona State and Arizona, which they beat twice. It's clear Kent still doesn't quite getthe selection process, saying during a postgame news conference that he'll have to wait and see if the committee wants five or six Pac-10 teams. When askedif he really believed that's how it works, Kent back-peddled. Later he just said he hoped the Pac-10's strength is taking into consideration. Kent saidhe was scoreboard watching Thursday and will continue to do so, watching for fellow bubble teams to fall. If the Ducks get into the Dance, Kent said he can seethem advance because of the matchup problems his perimeter-shooting team poses. "Without a doubt, I feel we can play with any team in the country when weplay defense," said senior Maarty Leunen, although he admitted he will "besweating" on Sunday. Arizona interim coach Kevin O'Neill didn't seem like he would be nervous. "I'd be surprised if we we're notin,'' said O'Neill of the Wildcats (19-14, 8-10 Pac-10), who are 15-6 with a healthy Jerryd Bayless and NicWise this season. "We're No. 1 in strength of schedule," O'Neill said. "I think we're getting in, and we'll win a few games.Everyone in the Pac-10 has figured out how to play us. Just wait until we play teams that don't know us." Arizona's résumé-boosting wins arelikely Texas A&M, at UNLV, Washington State (twice) and at USC. Losses at Kansas and at Memphis were close and telling that this team is capable of playingwith some of the top teams in the country. "When we're clicking on all cylinders, we're one of the better teams," Bayless said. "Idon't know how this works [to get selected], but I'm just hoping."

Zona just doesn't have the mental toughness, and it's very evident. They lost it in '05 after they let Illinois come back and beat them in theElite 8. Since that time UofA has started strong but fizzled out. It's the same story every year, it's just that there will be one good year where theymake a deep run and then the next few they disappoint. It's a bad trend that they've been following. Let's take a look at the last 5 years...

2007: Lost in 1st round to Purdue
2006: Lost in 2nd round to Villanova
2005: The monumental collapse against Illinois in the Elite 8
2004: Lost to Seton Hall in the 1st round
2003: Lost in Elite 8 to Kansas

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Zona just doesn't have the mental toughness, and it's very evident. They lost it in '05 after they let Illinois come back and beat them in the Elite 8. Since that time UofA has started strong but fizzled out. It's the same story every year, it's just that there will be one good year where they make a deep run and then the next few they disappoint. It's a bad trend that they've been following. Let's take a look at the last 5 years...

2004-2007 had one thing in common: Mustafa Shakur. The worst PG in the history of Arizona basketball. He did not improve one bit from his freshman yearto his senior year. In his final college game against Purdue, he stepped on the out of bounds line like 4 times. This was a four year starter in his final gameof his senior year, there's no excuse for freshman mistakes. He killed that team.
Also, the injuries to Jawann McClellan have really hurt. After a strong freshman year he went through some things. His dad died, he became academicallyineligible, and then after that he broke his arm, and then was saddled with knee problems. He was a guy that was supposed to be a big part of the team for fouryears, but his injuries have made him almost completely ineffective on offense.

This year is kind of a transition year, with Lute out and Nic Wise holding down the PG spot until Jennings comes to revive Point Guard U.
I don't think that they'll win more than one game in the NCAA tourny, depending on their seeding and who they have to play.

arizona fans need to get it over their head that more than likely jerryd bayless is gonna leave and be a top 5-8 pick in the draft.

why the !@@+ did marcus williams leave early? i mean, i know he would just contribute to the softness but still...

i guess he's tearing it up in the d-league tho
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

why the !@@+ did marcus williams leave early? i mean, i know he would just contribute to the softness but still...

laugh.gif

Marcus should have left after his freshman year if he was planning on leaving early....
[h3][/h3]
[h3]Who wants to play Arizona now? Vol. Nic Wise = Jason Garder 2.0[/h3]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The rest of the NCAA is shook
sick.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Nobody in the nation is scared of Nic Wise....

Only person who strikes any sort of fear is Jerryd Bayless.....

Rest of them _'s is twinkie filling....

Why didn't you just put this in the Pac-10 thread??? Or in the CBB Thread???

You really think Nic Wise deserves his own thread???

%@#* outta here....
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
now you are just losing credibility if you don't think next year if Chase & Bayless come back with Hill & the addition of Jennings that they wouldn't be a top 3-4 Pac-10 team and easily make the NCAA tourney.
ARIZONA ANT MAKING NO KIND OF NCAA TITLE RUN LIKE ZODOG AND DFRESH KEEP SAYING.

TELL ME WHAT THE #!+$ IS GOING TO CHANGE FROM THE PAST 2 YEARS WITH THE SAME HYPE YOU fools have giving these teams?

Chase AKA Air Bud soft @!+ coming back is going to help this team?? HOW SO dude is soft as #!+$ and plays NO D what so ever. and jordan hill?? the same jordanhill that put up no numbrs VS ANY good big mane he face all season? my bad he had 2 good games VS some big men one VS cal and once VS UCLA.

i have nothing against Jennings he is a good player but fact is him and bayless in the back court=no ball movement

There's also some interior help coming with Jeff Withey, a 7 footer from San Diego ranked in the top 10 of centers by Rivals, and Emmanuel Negedu, a 4 star PF from New Hampshire.
Not only will that team be extremely talented but very deep.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

dude is 7 foot and 215 pounds and he just sucks. lets look at the scouting report on him

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]STRENGTHS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
eval_pro.gif
Coachability[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
eval_pro.gif
Defensive Presence[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
eval_pro.gif
Mid-Range Game[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td]AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
eval_con.gif
Counter Moves[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
eval_con.gif
Finisher[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
eval_con.gif
Strength[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
sounds like a soft bum to me.

how is lute coming back going to help?? just take a look at what dude posted

he has a losing record VS ranked teams since 2003.

ant no one hating yall just fall to see the facts right infront of you

You guys are too much!!! Should be two great games tonight. I see Stanford and UCLA meeting up in what should be a heck of a final.
Can't wait to see the live action tonight...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by bjamez20

ASU is back in the tourney

if we make and and the mildcats dont...
roll.gif
roll.gif
0% chance of that happening

I think ASU will be getting a raw deal is that happens. ASU beat U of A twice, Stanford, Xavier and USC...

I know U of A had a #1 SOS, but still...their only quality wins are at WSU and at USC...ASU has a better argument IMO

Originally Posted by recognizAZ

Chase should go while his stock is still high....unless he has something to prove next year.

Bayless is iffy..

ASU isn't even making the tourney, sorry.

And I was saying higher IF both teams made it...... but ASU isn't making it.

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

laugh.gif

Marcus should have left after his freshman year if he was planning on leaving early....
[h3][/h3]
[h3]Who wants to play Arizona now? Vol. Nic Wise = Jason Garder 2.0[/h3]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The rest of the NCAA is shook
sick.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Nobody in the nation is scared of Nic Wise....

Only person who strikes any sort of fear is Jerryd Bayless.....

Rest of them _'s is twinkie filling....

Why didn't you just put this in the Pac-10 thread??? Or in the CBB Thread???

You really think Nic Wise deserves his own thread???

%@#* outta here....
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

pimp.gif

Did you just quote yourself?

Anyway, like I said in another thread, U of A fans are delusional. At least most Syracuse fans know when we aren't going to make it.

recognizAZ wrote:

Bayless is iffy..

ASU isn't even making the tourney, sorry.
And I was saying higher IF both teams made it...... but ASU isn't making it.

indifferent.gif
straight hate
indifferent.gif
Get over yourself..your team blows this year..

jrellcuse10 wrote:
Anyway, like I said in another thread, U of A fans are delusional. At least most Syracuse fans know when we aren't going to make it.

Amen..

kevin love had a solid second half there. Also nice to see him give an articulate interview as opposed to so many other college stars. Can't complain about$Cum being knocked out either.

damn juice, why the hell would you wait for the last shot
sick.gif

that #!$% looked straight though.. congrats to the bruins and good luck in the real tourney

the USC offensive droughts are %%+@ frustrating to watch.. just give the ball to OJ and get the hell out the way
tired.gif

My friend and I are in an argument about what shoes Mayo was wearing...What was he wearing?

Also, that lost shot...
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom