OFFICIAL Pacific 10 Basketball Tournament Thread

I think OJ should have shot that with a few more ticks on the clock myself, but honestly he got a good look, and for a second i think he might drill it,unfortunately he didnt. It will be interesting to see what SC can do in the real tourney. As far as OJ, he really needs to stick around another year, i dontthink he is ready for the league yet. In fact all the Freshman should stick around, that goes for Love as well.
this next game should be just as good as the last.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

WHAT the hell was that

You're down 3 and hold for the last shot

?????

indifferent.gif

Yup - not a very smart play, but they came out of a timeout, so i gotta blame coaching mostly. Should've gotten a shot as soon as possible in case ofa miss.

Hopin for a stanford/ucla final now.

Zoom Kobe III

Looked like the All Star version.

It's one of those "It's a smart play if he makes it, it's a bonehead play if he misses.". The way USC was laying bricks and UCLA's Dwas playing, I didn't mind OJ holding out for the last shot. It looked good too, but it didn't fall. That drought just killed us. OJ couldn't doanything either, I think that is why Floyd sat him out for a couple in order to get the offense flowing through Taj, but that never materialized. Thankfully,Lewis stepped up and made a couple of key shots.

Oh well, UCLA/Stanford in the final. It's a toss up.

It's one of those "It's a smart play if he makes it, it's a bonehead play if he misses.
Nah - it's a stupid play anyway you cut it.. you're trying to win the game, you can't win the game if you don't score more pointsthan the other team... if you wait until time runs out to attempt to tie it up, you give yourself ONE chance at doing so.. if you take it early, even if youmiss the game isn't over yet.

Not a coach in america would agree with how they handled that situation.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

indifferent.gif
now you are just losing credibility if you don't think next year if Chase & Bayless come back with Hill & the addition of Jennings that they wouldn't be a top 3-4 Pac-10 team and easily make the NCAA tourney.
ARIZONA ANT MAKING NO KIND OF NCAA TITLE RUN LIKE ZODOG AND DFRESH KEEP SAYING.

TELL ME WHAT THE #!+$ IS GOING TO CHANGE FROM THE PAST 2 YEARS WITH THE SAME HYPE YOU fools have giving these teams?

Chase AKA Air Bud soft @!+ coming back is going to help this team?? HOW SO dude is soft as #!+$ and plays NO D what so ever. and jordan hill?? the same jordan hill that put up no numbrs VS ANY good big mane he face all season? my bad he had 2 good games VS some big men one VS cal and once VS UCLA.

i have nothing against Jennings he is a good player but fact is him and bayless in the back court=no ball movement

There's also some interior help coming with Jeff Withey, a 7 footer from San Diego ranked in the top 10 of centers by Rivals, and Emmanuel Negedu, a 4 star PF from New Hampshire.
Not only will that team be extremely talented but very deep.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

dude is 7 foot and 215 pounds and he just sucks. lets look at the scouting report on him

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]STRENGTHS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
eval_pro.gif
Coachability[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
eval_pro.gif
Defensive Presence[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
eval_pro.gif
Mid-Range Game[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td]AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
eval_con.gif
Counter Moves[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
eval_con.gif
Finisher[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
eval_con.gif
Strength[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
sounds like a soft bum to me.

how is lute coming back going to help?? just take a look at what dude posted

2007: Lost in 1st round to Purdue
2006: Lost in 2nd round to Villanova
2005: The monumental collapse against Illinois in the Elite 8
2004: Lost to Seton Hall in the 1st round
2003: Lost in Elite 8 to Kansas

he has a losing record VS ranked teams since 2003.

ant no one hating yall just fall to see the facts right infront of you

[Dre]Keep my name out my mouth and we can keep it the same[/Dre]

Fact is we had terrible recruiting classes that killed us for a couple years. Kirk Walters? Mo Tang? Mustafa? With pretty solid rectuiting classes2006-Chase, Hill, Wise and 2007-Horne, Bayless and then 2008-Jennings,Negedu,Withey, etc. we are working our way back up.
You are a straight hater if you donot think that a line up of:
Jennings
Bayless
Budinger
Hill
Withey

Bench: Wise, Horne, Negedu, Onobun

Would not be a top 5 preseason team and make a NC run. That would be the best backcourt in the country. I don't get how you can hate on Withey dude maynot be a DOMINANT center but he's a solid center and could be dominant if he stays long enough. Secondly don't give me those "strengths" and"weaknesses" off scout.com *@%+ is garbage. There must be a reason why he's the 31st ranked rivals player right? If you want to talk aboutsomeone overrated Drew Gordon is overrated. I've seen him play multiple times in person and no way in hell is he a 5 star recruit. He's good but notgreat.

Big Mike I love you man but let the hate out ya heart.

went to the game tonight.
smh.gif
at these Pac-10 referees. so many garbage calls in the SC game. Tell me how this dude Kevin Love commits no fouls the entire game
indifferent.gif
. unreal. no doubt dude played a hell of a game (those back to back and 1's completely swung the momentum) but the refs refused to call a foul on him.there was a play where he swung his arms up with the ball while his man was standing still and they called it a defensive foul. hopefully SC can still make adecent run in the tourney.

I'm not mad at OJ for that last shot. Shipp was playing him close and he wanted to wait for the perfect look...which he got a pretty good one and happenedto miss it.

After that Stanford game though...Brook gave the most knucklehead post-game interview I've ever seen. Dude can barely think when speaking.
laugh.gif

Dre]Keep my name out my mouth and we can keep it the same[/Dre]
Fact is we had terrible recruiting classes that killed us for a couple years. Kirk Walters? Mo Tang? Mustafa? With pretty solid rectuiting classes 2006-Chase, Hill, Wise and 2007-Horne, Bayless and then 2008-Jennings,Negedu,Withey, etc. we are working our way back up.
You are a straight hater if you do not think that a line up of:
Jennings
Bayless
Budinger
Hill
Withey

Bench: Wise, Horne, Negedu, Onobun

Would not be a top 5 preseason team and make a NC run. That would be the best backcourt in the country. I don't get how you can hate on Withey dude may not be a DOMINANT center but he's a solid center and could be dominant if he stays long enough. Secondly don't give me those "strengths" and "weaknesses" off scout.com *@%+ is garbage. There must be a reason why he's the 31st ranked rivals player right? If you want to talk about someone overrated Drew Gordon is overrated. I've seen him play multiple times in person and no way in hell is he a 5 star recruit. He's good but not great.

Big Mike I love you man but let the hate out ya heart.
How am I hating? your calling this team a top 5 preseason team and a team that is going to make a NC title run. which is a +%++#%% joke

Back
Top Bottom