Official NFL Free Agency + Trades vol. It's Time.

cap room SHOULD be fine. they keep signing these loads on the DL...need to go for youth. i hope they use their draft picks this year.

Speaking of Patriot draft picks...why not just send that 1st rounder to Pitt for Mike Wallace? You think he'd want a contract too big for the Patriots? That makes a ton of sense to me, but maybe I'm missing something.

cap room SHOULD be fine. they keep signing these loads on the DL...need to go for youth. i hope they use their draft picks this year.

Speaking of Patriot draft picks...why not just send that 1st rounder to Pitt for Mike Wallace? You think he'd want a contract too big for the Patriots? That makes a ton of sense to me, but maybe I'm missing something.

Originally Posted by AG 47

we're usually relecutant to drop big money (which i figure wallace would want) on people outside of QB and DL. also, WR is especially an area they're careful about. i like lloyd play more than wallace, given the familiarity with daniels. while wallace is definitely better, we don't need THAT much ability for that price. just someone to open things up a bit more downfield and at the sticks. i wonder if ocho is dunzo now. branch's status is up in the air, but imagine rolling out welker, gronk, hernandez, lloyd, and ocho
laugh.gif

we're usually relecutant to drop big money (which i figure wallace would want) on people outside of QB and DL. also, WR is especially an area they're careful about. i like lloyd play more than wallace, given the familiarity with daniels. while wallace is definitely better, we don't need THAT much ability for that price. just someone to open things up a bit more downfield and at the sticks. i wonder if ocho is dunzo now. branch's status is up in the air, but imagine rolling out welker, gronk, hernandez, lloyd, and ocho
laugh.gif

^Oh, I understand the Patriots are masters at getting the most bang for their buck. Very pragmatic in their approach. BUT...could you imagine a nucleus of Wallace/Hernandez/Gronk/Welker.
That's an exceptional (and young) receiving corp that wouldn't need to be addressed for several years. You'd have every receiving level covered. Deep threat. Check. Short to medium routes. Check. Redzone targets. Check. Defenses would not sleep trying to find ways to defend those guys every play.

But I'm sure though with Daniels back, Lloyd will be productive with Brady throwing him the ball. And truthfully, offense was not the Patriots downfall last year. I imagine with many of their guys coming back from injuries (their center...funny how the Jets lost Mangold for 1 month and cried day and night while nobody mentions the Pats center going down for the year) and several defensive players, you guys will be favorites again. The most glaring need is pass rusher. I wouldn't be surprised if you went after Wimbley. He fits that Derrick Burgess mold closely.

^Oh, I understand the Patriots are masters at getting the most bang for their buck. Very pragmatic in their approach. BUT...could you imagine a nucleus of Wallace/Hernandez/Gronk/Welker.
That's an exceptional (and young) receiving corp that wouldn't need to be addressed for several years. You'd have every receiving level covered. Deep threat. Check. Short to medium routes. Check. Redzone targets. Check. Defenses would not sleep trying to find ways to defend those guys every play.

But I'm sure though with Daniels back, Lloyd will be productive with Brady throwing him the ball. And truthfully, offense was not the Patriots downfall last year. I imagine with many of their guys coming back from injuries (their center...funny how the Jets lost Mangold for 1 month and cried day and night while nobody mentions the Pats center going down for the year) and several defensive players, you guys will be favorites again. The most glaring need is pass rusher. I wouldn't be surprised if you went after Wimbley. He fits that Derrick Burgess mold closely.

Wimbley is going to get paid I'd be surprised if the Pats drop that money. And getting Lloyd for the price that they got him for makes much more sense than spending big money on Wallace and losing a 1st round pick.

Wimbley is going to get paid I'd be surprised if the Pats drop that money. And getting Lloyd for the price that they got him for makes much more sense than spending big money on Wallace and losing a 1st round pick.

^ you're both right on wimbley. as soon as i saw he was cut, i was like, "please football gods, have us sign him". some inside the organization already said they won't be going after him though. typical %#$!

^ you're both right on wimbley. as soon as i saw he was cut, i was like, "please football gods, have us sign him". some inside the organization already said they won't be going after him though. typical %#$!

Patriots reached a one-year agreement with former Raiders pass rusher Trevor Scott.

Patriots signed former Chargers safety Steve Gregory.

these are two defensive Patriot signings..lets see whats next.

Patriots reached a one-year agreement with former Raiders pass rusher Trevor Scott.

Patriots signed former Chargers safety Steve Gregory.

these are two defensive Patriot signings..lets see whats next.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Pats not playing at all....unless Lloyd turns back to his pre 2010 form, and Gonzalez proves that Peyton really made him.

He'll be fine. No one throws a dump pass like Tommy Checkdown. I expect no less than 174 receptions for 800 yards.

laugh.gif
 Pretty much.

But Gonzalez hardly played with Peyton. His first years he was ok, but he progressed. Next three years he was hurt or this last season when Peyton was out, he didn't play a lick with Manning.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Pats not playing at all....unless Lloyd turns back to his pre 2010 form, and Gonzalez proves that Peyton really made him.

He'll be fine. No one throws a dump pass like Tommy Checkdown. I expect no less than 174 receptions for 800 yards.

laugh.gif
 Pretty much.

But Gonzalez hardly played with Peyton. His first years he was ok, but he progressed. Next three years he was hurt or this last season when Peyton was out, he didn't play a lick with Manning.

Originally Posted by dland24

Be logical for 10 seconds and not a fan. Contact Peyton. Lower Alex's value. But at the same time, force Peyton's real suitors into upping their contract offerings...5 yrs. 90 mill, life time contracts. It's the win win for both sides.

Once again, there are rumors that Peyton contacted the 49ers....not the other way around.  I dont know how true they are or not.  But like I said, if they are true, how could it have been a ploy by the 49ers to get Alex to lower his price

So many rumors floating around, you could be right, but from my understanding...the Niners sent scouts to Peyton's workout at Duke. They were the "mystery" team, until that information "leaked."

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the San Francisco 49ers have emerged as one of the three finalists to sign free agent quarterback Peyton Manning.

The other two teams are the Denver Broncos and Tennessee Titans. According to Schefter, the Arizona Cardinals “have been advised that they are to proceed as if they will not get Peyton Manning.

Originally Posted by dland24

Be logical for 10 seconds and not a fan. Contact Peyton. Lower Alex's value. But at the same time, force Peyton's real suitors into upping their contract offerings...5 yrs. 90 mill, life time contracts. It's the win win for both sides.

Once again, there are rumors that Peyton contacted the 49ers....not the other way around.  I dont know how true they are or not.  But like I said, if they are true, how could it have been a ploy by the 49ers to get Alex to lower his price

So many rumors floating around, you could be right, but from my understanding...the Niners sent scouts to Peyton's workout at Duke. They were the "mystery" team, until that information "leaked."

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the San Francisco 49ers have emerged as one of the three finalists to sign free agent quarterback Peyton Manning.

The other two teams are the Denver Broncos and Tennessee Titans. According to Schefter, the Arizona Cardinals “have been advised that they are to proceed as if they will not get Peyton Manning.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

CB Jason Allen signed with the Bengals. Wish the Texans would have resigned him for some
modest money, cause he did wonders rotating/replacing Kareem Jackson in the lineup. I'd
take being out of position but still making plays over getting outright abused any day.

I like the signing of Allen. We can use him especially with Leon Hall coming off a torn achilles.

Word that we're looking at Joel Dreesen too. How did you think he did for y'all?

Reggie Nelson deciding between Cincy, NYJ and a mystery 3rd team believed to be the Dolphins tomorrow.
Dreessen caught loads of key stuff for us, whether it was redzone tds or long conversions. Would have been nice to cut
bum &@^ Jacoby Jones in order to re-sign him, but stuff is still up in the air right now.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

CB Jason Allen signed with the Bengals. Wish the Texans would have resigned him for some
modest money, cause he did wonders rotating/replacing Kareem Jackson in the lineup. I'd
take being out of position but still making plays over getting outright abused any day.

I like the signing of Allen. We can use him especially with Leon Hall coming off a torn achilles.

Word that we're looking at Joel Dreesen too. How did you think he did for y'all?

Reggie Nelson deciding between Cincy, NYJ and a mystery 3rd team believed to be the Dolphins tomorrow.
Dreessen caught loads of key stuff for us, whether it was redzone tds or long conversions. Would have been nice to cut
bum &@^ Jacoby Jones in order to re-sign him, but stuff is still up in the air right now.

I want to hear from Giants fans about Manningham. I saw first hand of what he can do last year, twice against SF and then vs. New England in the Super Bowl, but why didn't NYG re-sign him? The 49ers signed him for 2 years but I have not seen what the numbers look like yet. Was he asking for too much money? The reason I ask is because he was pretty damn important to NYG last year IMO. Manningham didn't put up as many numbers as Cruz but he was arguably just as important. NYG's season could have had a totally different outcome without Manningham in the picture IMO.

I honestly can't wait to see what SF looks like on offense next season. If Peyton signs tomorrow, wow.

Peyton
Gore/Hunter
Crabtree/Manningham/Moss
Vernon/Delanie

pimp.gif

I want to hear from Giants fans about Manningham. I saw first hand of what he can do last year, twice against SF and then vs. New England in the Super Bowl, but why didn't NYG re-sign him? The 49ers signed him for 2 years but I have not seen what the numbers look like yet. Was he asking for too much money? The reason I ask is because he was pretty damn important to NYG last year IMO. Manningham didn't put up as many numbers as Cruz but he was arguably just as important. NYG's season could have had a totally different outcome without Manningham in the picture IMO.

I honestly can't wait to see what SF looks like on offense next season. If Peyton signs tomorrow, wow.

Peyton
Gore/Hunter
Crabtree/Manningham/Moss
Vernon/Delanie

pimp.gif

I like Manningham he is very fast.....the problem with the giants is their number one is nicks and cruz is their slot guy otherwise known as number 2 target for them......giants were not going to pay for a guy who is 3rd option in the passing game and he doesnt think he is a number 3....he did have 900 years a few years ago...they also have to pay cruz and nicks soon....would pay them now......i think cruz is better but if giants would have put manningham in the slot i think he would have had 1100 yards at least.....i think its a good pickup but can can Smith get him the ball deep? will he be used in the slot?
hopefully peyton doesnt go to the 9ers otherwise Manningham will look like a pro bowler

slot guy is so important in the NFL now you need 3 good WRs, more and more WRs want to be that slot guy
he has some big drops....but he more than made up for them in the super bowl 

oh and this drop was clutch

mario drop

Back
Top Bottom