Official NBA Trade Deadline Thread PAGE 1 UPDATES IF YOU MISSED ANYTHING

^
eek.gif

That is a very big trade.
But im going to believe it when i see a report of it tho.

I'd trade Bargs/Parker for Okafor in a split second. Parker is gone after next season and is very replaceable, Bargs is a 7 footer who plays like he's5'6.

It's not going to happen though, I dont believe anything coming from Realgm, especially from the idiot Raptor fans they have on that site. Chris Bosh hasone bad game and you see 18 threads pop up "SHOULD WE TRADE BOSH?", not to mention the daily "Who is our PG of the future?" threads.

David (Dallas, TX): What should the Mavs do to shore up the center position with the loss of Diop? Chad Ford: (1:13 PM ET ) They are in the hunt, along with San Antonio, Orlando and others for Kurt Thomas. However, the only way Dallas will be able to swing it financially is to hope that the Sonics don't trade him and then release him after the trade deadline. A lot of teams think they'll do just that ... which is why teams are reluctant to give up expiring contracts and a first round pick for him (that's Seattle's asking price). There aren't a lot of other cheap players out there that can fill that role for Dallas. I think they'll have to stick with Dampier, Brandon Bass and Malik Allen.
Ugh... The idea of having to stand pat is kinda disheartening... But if nobody wants to give up a first rounder, and Kurt Thomas is then boughtout, I don't see how the Mavs aren't the favorite... They've got the full MLE to work with, and they're likely offering more opportunity forplaying time than just about anybody else.

Yeah, I dont believe that site either. It came from a different Raptors forum im on... EBSports I believe... Anyway, im still looking for the source to thethread, but having trouble finding it.

But it seems like a deal that BC would contemplate.

Carlos, what makes you think that Parker is leaving after next season? I mean, he is a starter, and a key player to the team.

The Raptors are not letting Anthony Parker walk away for nothing. He's a proven NBA player that should have been in the NBA a long time ago. I like him alot and pretty much every NBA club is begging to have an "Anthony Parker" player on their team. He's a swingman that defends, makes free throws,and gets open looks from the perimeter and makes them.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

WARRIORS AND CLIPPERS TRADE RUMOR
My buddy who works for the W's (same guy who gave me the All-Star rosters before they were announced) just texted me to say that the big rumor in the office this morning is Al, Wright, Beli, and MP for Elton Brand.

He did specify that this didn't come from Mullin directly, but just that it has been swirling around the office. And it works salary-wise.

Just passing on the info, so don't go crazy on me.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...0~308~2173~3242&teams=9~12~12~12~12&te=&cash=

eek.gif
i'll believe it when i see it....i'd ASSUME the clipswould want biedrins in that deal though...

Originally Posted by acidicality

My buddy who works for the W's (same guy who gave me the All-Star rosters before they were announced) just texted me to say that the big rumor in the office this morning is Al, Wright, Beli, and MP for Elton Brand.

He did specify that this didn't come from Mullin directly, but just that it has been swirling around the office. And it works salary-wise.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...0~308~2173~3242&teams=9~12~12~12~12&te=&cash=
eek.gif
i'll believe it when i see it....i'd ASSUME the clips would want biedrins in that deal though...

but they have kaman, but these are rumors, they never happen really, its just interesting to talk about it

Originally Posted by chikickz

The Raptors are not letting Anthony Parker walk away for nothing. He's a proven NBA player that should have been in the NBA a long time ago. I like him a lot and pretty much every NBA club is begging to have an "Anthony Parker" player on their team. He's a swingman that defends, makes free throws, and gets open looks from the perimeter and makes them.
Damn chikickz, i wasted 14 replies to this thread, and you say the EXACT words I wanted to say.

Man, I am a disgrace to the university I attend for my lack of saying what I'm thinking
laugh.gif

Timberwolves in any of these talks? No. Yeah that's what I thought.

That deal would be highway robbery for the Clippers...getting back 3 Young Guys...1 of with extreme potential for Elton Brand who's coming off an ACLinjury?

Originally Posted by acidicality

eek.gif
i'll believe it when i see it....i'd ASSUME the clips would want biedrins in that deal though...

but they have kaman, but these are rumors, they never happen really, its just interesting to talk about it

Not to mention Thorton....

im praying that sam doesn't get traded to another team, unless that is boston.

also praying mike miller doesn't go to the cavs.. Please just do you Ferry, do you!

The Bulls remain among the most active teams looking to deal, according to multiple sources. General manager John Paxson has been trying to unload Ben Wallace, but it's unlikely he'll find a taker. There is a lot of doubt around the league about whether the 33-year-old center has enough left in the tank to warrant taking on the last two years and $28.5 million on his contract. SI.com

A rumored deal for Andrei Kirilenko makes some sense in that Utah could shed Kirilenko's remaining contract (three more years, $49.3 million) while picking up another big man to battle the likes of Shaquille O'Neal and Pau Gasol in the Western Conference. But the Jazz might be scared off by Big Ben's lackluster play this season, while the Bulls might be reluctant to take on more payroll for a player who plays the same position as Luol Deng and Andres Nocioni. SI.com

The Spurs are said to be shopping Francisco Elson, but the backup center is not likely to bring back any significant player. SI.com

According to multiple league sources, the Cavs were close to a deal that would have sent Bibby to Cleveland for Drew Gooden (one more year, $7.2 million) and two players with expiring contracts in Ira Newble and Shannon Brown. A deal for Bibby had been discussed in various forms since last year, but was back on the table again recently. But according to a Cavs source, the Kings changed their focus to acquiring all expiring contracts. SI.com
Damn the cavs almost had bibby....

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

That deal would be highway robbery for the Clippers...getting back 3 Young Guys...1 of with extreme potential for Elton Brand who's coming off an ACL injury?

Elton Brand had his achilles tendon surgically repaired. This is not his ACL. An ACL injury would be big news. I presume he does not have one.

That deal isn't too unfair....Pietrus is nothing, Harrington is solid but tradeable in that type of situation, but yeah the Warriors could definitelyregret losing Wright...Nellie needs to play him more
indifferent.gif

Just read that the Cavs have offered the aforementioned players and AT LEAST 1 1st Round Pick. We're also apparently the only ones willing to take onCardinal's contract. Just get this damn thing done Ferry

THIS TIME OF YEAR SUCKS FOR CAVS FANS.

Just read that the Cavs have offered the aforementioned players and AT LEAST 1 1st Round Pick. We're also apparently the only ones willing to take on Cardinal's contract. Just get this damn thing done Ferry

what fill me in

As a Clipper fan, I don't really like the deal for Brand for a couple reasons. First, I'm not that big of an Al Harrington fan. I think he's alittle overrated. Second, I'd like to see the organization give the current squad (with maybe some minor tweaking) one more year to see what they get donewhen everyone is healthy. This year has been a disaster, but I think its a little premature to start a rebuilding project.

Riley is denying the reported Curry/Carter/JWill-Ricky Davis trade. Believe that if you like. The Shaq to Suns trade was initiated by Heat owner Mickey Arisonin a phone call he made to Suns majority owner Robert Sarver, not by Riley.

Riley has complete control over all basketball personnel moves regarding the Miami Heat organization. ALL. Of course he was going to follow through on the Shaqtrade at request of Micky Arison. That was a godsend to get out of the backend of that deal. Only reason he denied Shaq rumors before is because he thoughtthere wasn't a possible deal which would allow such relief. But sure enough, there was (Thanks Kerr).

If he says he has no interest in Curry, there is no interest in Curry.

Though, I'm in the minority in thinking it wouldn't be such a bad idea. High risk-high reward type move. Curry has his flaws, but I believe with UD andTrix around him, some of those deficiencies could've be masked (rebounding for sure)...Guy is shoody defender, passer..And he has the propensity toshutdown buffets. But he can score with the best of them with his back to the bakset. And that's a dimension of offense every team can use. Certainlytaking Curry over Mark friggin Blount.

But again it's a risk, because the guy is a lazy ++%.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Yeah, I dont believe that site either. It came from a different Raptors forum im on... EBSports I believe... Anyway, im still looking for the source to the thread, but having trouble finding it.

But it seems like a deal that BC would contemplate.

Carlos, what makes you think that Parker is leaving after next season? I mean, he is a starter, and a key player to the team.

His contract is up after next season. He'll be 35, and he isn't part of our long term plans. I dont think BC will give a 35 year old a long termextension especially when we'll have some decent cap room next summer.

To put it bluntly, Parker is replaceable.

Hasn't been verified yet, but it looks like the Spurs may acquire Ron-Ron...
roll.gif
The West is just UNREAAAAAAL.

Back
Top Bottom