Official NBA Trade Deadline Thread PAGE 1 UPDATES IF YOU MISSED ANYTHING

I dont. Reason being is that Okafor has yet to play a full season without injury (this year might be it I think...), but the fact of the matter is, Parker is rarely injured, as well as Andrea. Another thing is, Andrea is finally getting out of his "slump" he had. It has taken longer than many have hoped, but he is finally showing glimpses of last year's Andrea out there. Its only his second year, give him time. As well, with Parker, you will rarely find a player like him, who will do those things that are lost in this league; play hard D, hustle for loose balls, do all of the little things. As much as we need a big man in the paint, we cant give up those guys.
Andrea and Parker for Okafor and you wouldnt do it? i think everyone in the NBA would do that trade in 2 seconds

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Saw this on a Raptors forum, and pray to god this isnt true. Parker + Andrea for Okafor I dont like this trade.

I LOVE it.

Will it happen? No.
I dont. Reason being is that Okafor has yet to play a full season without injury (this year might be it I think...), but the fact of the matter is, Parker is rarely injured, as well as Andrea. Another thing is, Andrea is finally getting out of his "slump" he had. It has taken longer than many have hoped, but he is finally showing glimpses of last year's Andrea out there. Its only his second year, give him time. As well, with Parker, you will rarely find a player like him, who will do those things that are lost in this league; play hard D, hustle for loose balls, do all of the little things. As much as we need a big man in the paint, we cant give up those guys.

I dont know why Colangelo isnt trying to put together Joey + Dixon + Kapono. I mean, he can get a guy that is a proven rebounder. Thats all we need.
throw in kap and keep parker and im down for that okafor trade.

who you got in mind for that graham/dixon/kap combo ballin?

Honestly, I have no idea. Someone like Okafor, but is healthy all year round. Someone that will grab everyrebound known to man kind.
I have a feeling if we are to get a guy like that, Humph will be involved.

I would like to see:
Dixon, Graham, Kapono for Dalembert. However, I doubt that will happen.

If we are going to get Okafor, I would want to see Kapono/Humph/Graham for Okafor. Parker literally cannot leave this team. As underrated as he is, he is theglue to everything. Without him, our O and D (especially) looks lost.

Anyway, getting back to what you were asking tho, someone that can pull everything down off the glass.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Andrea and Parker for Okafor and you wouldnt do it? i think everyone in the NBA would do that trade in 2 seconds

Only reason I say no is because of what Parker really is to the team, how Bargs is still young, and the involvement of injuries that Okafor hascompared to Parker/Andrea. Now, basketball ability, Okafor shoots through the roof compared to these two. But what, most importantly, Parker does for the teamis more than a coach could ask. He is a great person, hustles, plays hard D on every possesion, and is selfless on the court. He does the best for the team,regardless of what the coach wants him to do in that specific situation. Bargs, is young, and will get better. Its just going to take time.

Im still not a fan of this trade, but if it goes down, I might come to like it.

Okafor + Bosh = PROBLEMS. One of the best front courts in basketball, hands down. Parker and Bargnani is not overpaying.

^ but, how good will they be if Okafor is injured half the season? Thats my real concern. I dont want to see those two involved, but at the same time, its abusiness.

I guarantee Andrea/Parker deal never happens. Andrea will not be traded, and Colangelo would have to be getting something back that was going to really improvethis team before trading Parker.

I'd like to see Nene come our way, Kapono would give Denver outside shooting and Graham offers some toughness and Dixon can play a little point in theirsystem and provides them with a little depth.

Nene - Bosh - Andrea front court would be much more effective than what we have now - it would allow us to play Bosh/Andrea without having Moon on the floor toprotect from easy layups; those three with either Calderon/Parker or Ford/Delfino with Hump - Jamario off the bench and I think we would look good in the East

man...caron for odom aint happening...but if did...
devil.gif

Very talented big man are a huge asset in this league, Okafor is a serious threat to anyone, he just hasn't had a PG around him. You have J-Rich andGerald, but they don't feed him, and Felton is one of the bottom-tier PG's in the L, he's not bad, but he's not great either.

the part that makes Kapono tough to deal is the contract. Its not expiring, and its worth alot over 4 years.

And BC has thrown Andrea's name out there quite a bit. He has been teasing with offers from other teams for the past two months.

please show me where and when Colangelo has talked about trading Bargs, from what I've heard he's more untouchable than Bosh

I saw on a few on another Raptors forum... some had links that he was looking into offers, but I agree with you. He will talk about it, but will not followthru. I remember he was interviewed in December about trading Bargs, and said that he has looked into offers, but I havent heard anything since then.

I doubt we make a "major" move before the deadline.

The only three I see going out are Kapono/Dixon/Graham... mayyyyybe Humph (crosses fingers hoping not)

only serious shopping I've heard him do was Kapono because all teams want more three-point shooting going into the play-offs, lets just hope Colangelo caneven out our front court

Raymond Felton is trash and is likely to regress in my view. Okafor is looking for a fat contract this summer. If the Raptors are trading for him they musthave an interest in paying him more than the 10 mil per he already turned down.

EDIT: Also, Felton isn't a point guard. He doesn't have he skill set to see the floor, identify spacing, and exploit the passing lanes. He's apoor man's Dwayne Wade that will get past his man, but then get bottled up in a trap and turn it over.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

i would be wickedpissed if parker gets dealt. he's so much more than stat sheet.

bargs on the other hand im okay with. at his very best he's going to score 19-22 a game, and his offensive arsenal isnt nearly as expansive as it wastouted to be (only has 3 moves actually, catch, possible jab step, shoot 3/ catch, possible jab step, one dribble j /and catch, head down drive all the way tobasket for finish or dish out) scoring isnt an issue for the raptors right now. it's also painfully obvious that he's not ever going to be a strongrebounder.

i think he'll be very good one day and possibly an all star but he's the best bet we have at landing an inside presence right now and a playerlike okafor can vault TDot into the east's elite.

also i know its cold but im dumping tj at the next solid opurtunity.

again he's obviously an injury risk/prone to injury (what with the ab strain now) but he's young and talented enough to get talent in return.

cold moves and short patience for player development, but hey im a business man
laugh.gif

plus i really think there is a window for the raptors right now and they need to address weaknesses immediately to capitalize on it.

please show me where and when Colangelo has talked about trading Bargs, from what I've heard he's more untouchable than Bosh
heeeeeeeeccccckk no.

^ inside scorer/rebounder is all we are missing

only serious shopping I've heard him do was Kapono because all teams want more three-point shooting going into the play-offs, lets just hope Colangelo can even out our front court

laugh.gif
I also read on the Raptors forum, that BC sent out a memo to every GM in the league, asking to use Kapono in a trade.
Dont know if true, but
laugh.gif
if it actually happened.

Colangelo was in love with Bargs in his Phoenix days, there is a method to his madness in Toronto - Bargs will be given every chance to be the center piecehere - he passed on LeMarcus Aldridge and Brandon Roy for him

He needs time and he needs the Raptors to integrate his game into the play book instead of having him play Kapono at the three point line - he also needs towork on his post moves and ball handling - he needs to watch Dirk and figure it out

^ dirk has hauled down 8-10 boards a game throughout his career tho.

i dont think bargs has that kind of mentality.

even with imrovement i dont think his offensive arsenal will ever be as deep as dirk's.

also on roy and aldridge, hindsight is 20/20.

aldridge is would have been too similar to bosh as well.

^ inside scorer/rebounder is all we are missing
defense as a whole needs a boost. but especially inside.

i also wouldnt mind a real ballhawk at pg.

No chance TJ Ford has any value right now. Is he an expiring contract? I don't think teams are going to want to take a gamble on him.

Chad Ford: (1:06 PM ET ) Aloha everyone. Trade deadline tomorrow at 3 p.m. ET. Lots to break down ... let's roll.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doug (New York, NY): Chad, what do you think the Knicks will do before the deadline, and what do you think they SHOULD do? Thanks

Chad Ford: (1:10 PM ET ) They are talking about a deal that would move Eddy Curry to Miami ... and bring back Vince Carter. I think the Eddy Curry move is agood one, but I think I'd prefer the cap relief. Carter has roughly 3 years, $54 million left on his contract. Isiah says he isn't interested in caprelief which means ... any GM in their right mind would be interested. If the Knicks are smart, they can have significant room in 2010 ... the year LeBron,DWade and company are free agents. To me it's the only way to salvage a team that's been on the junk heap for so long. Knowing Isiah, he'll takeCarter and then try to waive him next year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
David (Dallas, TX): What should the Mavs do to shore up the center position with the loss of Diop?

Chad Ford: (1:13 PM ET ) They are in the hunt, along with San Antonio, Orlando and others for Kurt Thomas. However, the only way Dallas will be able to swingit financially is to hope that the Sonics don't trade him and then release him after the trade deadline. A lot of teams think they'll do just that ...which is why teams are reluctant to give up expiring contracts and a first round pick for him (that's Seattle's asking price). There aren't a lotof other cheap players out there that can fill that role for Dallas. I think they'll have to stick with Dampier, Brandon Bass and Malik Allen.

Jason (Washington, DC): Lots of talk of Kurt Thomas going to Orlando. Any update on that?

Chad Ford: (1:15 PM ET ) I was hearing strongly this morning that the Magic where in the lead to acquire Thomas' services. He'd be a good fit inOrlando and they have the expiring contracts to make it happen. But is a guy in the last year of his deal worth a first round pick as well? That's a steepprice. I think there are other deals Orlando could get that would give them a younger, more productive four. They might have to trade Turkoglu (who admittedlyhas been great this year) ... but if they could shore up their front line and move Rashard Lewis back to his natural position, they should do it.

Arief (New York)NY: Do you see Golden State Warriors making any moves before the deadline?

Chad Ford: (1:17 PM ET ) I do. I think Chris Mullin has to pull the trigger. Their window with Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson is closing. They do have youngguys, but short of Monta Ellis, it doesn't appear that any of them have star written on them. If they can package Andris Biedrins, Mickael Pietrus andmaybe a veteran for a top tier big man ... they should do it. I just don't think Chris Webber can hold down the fort.

chris, new york, ny: Chad, let's talk nets. They need more fixes, they are still a mediocre team and mediocrity is terrible in professional sports. Carterfor expiring contracts is more than FV. Any takers?

Chad Ford: (1:19 PM ET ) I think they'd take Carter for expiring contracts in a heart beat. That would put them somewhere between $15 to $20 million underthe cap. They have a good young core with Richard Jefferson, Devin Harris, Sean Williams and maybe Nenad Krstic if he can get 100 percent again. They won'tbe far away from being one of the more exciting teams in the league. A decent draft pick, a good free agent signing and they will be reloaded. I thinkthat's the dream scenario for NJ. A very quick rebuild. If they can move VC for expiring contracts this year, I wouldn't be shocked if they did it forexpiring contracts next year.

Joe (NY): Why is Artest a good fit in Denver? Where does he play? He is big but not tall enough to play PF. Would he or Carmelo move to SG??

Chad Ford: (1:20 PM ET ) Here's the thing ... Artest can guard positions 1 through 4 ... so it doesn't matter where you put him on offense. The thingis, he'll come in and immediately lock down the opposing team's best offensive player. That's why the Nuggets want him. I think, given the alreadyquestionable chemistry on the Nuggets, it's a huge risk ... but if Artest behaves, they'll be very, very tough.

Celo, San Francisco: What about Artest to the Magic? The need a defensive stopper.

Chad Ford: (1:23 PM ET ) That will never happen. There are only a small handful of teams that would be willing to do Artest: Denver, New York and possibly SanAntonio because they have such a rock solid veteran presence. Lakers would probably take him too. I hear Phoenix also has a little bit of interest, though Ican't believe they'd risk adding even more wildcards to their chemistry.

Mark (Cleveland, OH): Is there truth to this Miller, Lowry, Cardinal to Cavs for Newble, Marshall, Brown, Dwayne Jones, Simmons deal? This seems to be a bigtopic in Cleveland today. It seems the kicker to this deal would be Cleveland taking on the Brian Cardinal contract. Is he the deal breaker for other teamswanting Miller and Lowry alone?

Chad Ford: (1:26 PM ET ) It's tough to say. The Grizzlies have gotten a number of offers for Miller and Lowry. The Cavs are the only team I've heard ofthat might be willing to take back Cardinal's two years, $13 million as part of it. They don't have a lot of great assets to give Memphis back exceptlong term cap relief and some late first round draft picks. Is that enough? Memphis keeps saying they want players, not cap relief for Miller and Lowry ... butnot many GMs believe them based off of the Gasol trade. We'll see if Cleveland can get it done. If they can't, I'm not sure they'll be able topull anything off of any real value ... maybe they can snag Delonte West from Seattle. Maybe.

Justin (PROVO): Jarron Collins, Jason Hart, and Mo Almond for Jeff Foster... what do you think? I hear Mr. Bird is very high on Almond, and the Jazz could usea defensive big man to back up Okur.

Chad Ford: (1:32 PM ET ) I think Jeff Foster has much more value than that. He ranks as one of the top 5 best offensive rebounders in the game, is moreathletic than people think, and he's got size. I think there will be a lot of teams trying to snag him from Indiana. He's the perfect type of sixth manfor a team with championship aspirations and he has a very reasonable contract.

matt (detroit): do you see detroit adding anything at the deadline? they have a load of expiring contracts.

Chad Ford: (1:34 PM ET ) I think Joe D will make a move if it's clear upgrade ... kind of like he did a few years ago with Rasheed Wallace. The Pistons arein very good shape, but if they could get another big man .. it would help things.

Ivan(Los Angeles, CA): Are the Lakers still looking to trade or are they happy with the current team?

Chad Ford: (1:35 PM ET ) I don't see the Lakers making a big deal. I've heard the plan is to ride out Lamar Odom until the summer and then see if theywant to go a different direction.

Pete (Philly): Are the sixers going to trade Andre Miller? On the one hand, his value will never be higher, on the other, he really makes players on our teambetter.

Chad Ford: (1:38 PM ET ) It's a tough call. Short term, the Sixers are better off keeping him. The best way to develop young players is to have them in acompetitive environment. Andre Miller has helped Philly stay in the playoff hunt and in the process, guys like Andre Iguodala, Samuel Dalembert, Thaddeus Youngand Louis Williams get valuable experience. However, long term, if they don't move him, they probably won't have enough cap room to make a run at a toptier free agent like Elton Brand or Gilbert Arenas. To me ... I trade him, get back an expiring contract, a good draft pick or two and then make a run at Brandor Arenas. Either of those guys would have the Sixers rolling again as soon as next year.

Brock (Anderson, IN): The Pacers have been shopping JO and heard some rumblings about JT. Any chance of either or both can be moved by Thursday. Dont you thinkits time the Pacers start with a bit of rebuilding mode?

Chad Ford: (1:42 PM ET ) The problem is that teams are wondering about Jermaine O'Neal's health. Here's the crazy thing, just a year and a halfago, we were talking about JO as a superstar. He's had some injury issues, but he's 29 and doesn't have a ton of miles on his legs. Whywouldn't a team make a run at him if they could, like Phoenix did with Shaq, get their doctors to take a look? I think he has a lot left in the tank andshould be commanding a bigger price tag. That's why Indiana won't give him away ... they know he's more valuable than the current offering price.Tinsley? He's been mentioned on the block for a while ... he's great one night, injured the next. I'm not sure what his value is. As forrebuilding? I think Indiana would do it, but they can't just give away JO. It has to be a deal that gives them back young players, draft picks or a guylike Shawn Marion.

Brian (Chicago): Any word on what John Paxson is doing? All of the "assets" that he bragged about has so far fetched us zilch.

Chad Ford: (1:44 PM ET ) Your guess is as good as mine. Either they are in stealth mode or nothing significant is happening. I'm not sure what isparalyzing the team. They've seen player after player that they've coveted get traded and can't seem to pull the trigger on anything. Yesthey'd move Ben Wallace -- but they'll have to give more ... like Tyrus Thomas or Joakim Noah or Luol Deng or Ben Gordon to make an impact deal.

Will (Milwaukee, WI): Chad- The Bucks badly need to make a trade. Do you seem them making any moves before tomorrow?

Chad Ford: (1:46 PM ET ) They're another team that seems paralyzed ... Charlie Villanueva, Michael Redd ... they have some pieces to move ... but whatdirection is this franchise going? If Herb Kohl isn't going to let Larry Harris do his job (and by the way, I think Harris is a good GM) then he needs tohire someone who he will let work ... the limbo isn't working for anyone.

Kyle (ATL): Chad... Your thought on the Bibby trade after last night? Still a great trade, or did ATL give away to much bench help?

Chad Ford: (1:47 PM ET ) It was a good trade for Atlanta. They didn't give away much. They aren't in the same class with the Lakers, but this shouldguarantee them a playoff spot in the East. Still, I have to believe that overall, Bibby's nothing more than a band aid. They need a good young point guard.

Chad Ford: (1:47 PM ET ) It was a good trade for Atlanta. They didn't give away much. They aren't in the same class with the Lakers, but this shouldguarantee them a playoff spot in the East. Still, I have to believe that overall, Bibby's nothing more than a band aid. They need a good young point guard.

Doug (NY): As a long suffering Knicks fan, can you please explain to me why "Isiah says he isn't interested in cap relief"? Will he ever learn?

Chad Ford: (1:47 PM ET ) No ... it appears he'll never learn.

Kevin McHale (Minneapolis, MN): Am I still the worst GM in the NBA? I can't think of anybody worse... although I'm apparently never going to get fired,so I guess it's not a problem!

Chad Ford: (1:48 PM ET ) At least McHale understands the value of cap space and young players. Isiah can't even get that right.

Chris (Broadview Heights, OH): Let me get this straight, the Grizzlies were willing to give up Pau Gasol for cap space but aren't willing to give up MikeMiller for cap space? Am I getting this right, isn't Pau Gasol more valuable of a player than Mike Miller?

Chad Ford: (1:48 PM ET ) Yeah ... that's essentially what every GM in the league is saying? I think Chris Wallace was stung by the criticism of the Gasoltrade ... so now you have him swinging the other way.

Mark(Portland): What kind of tricks does KP have up his sleeve? The only thing I hear is he's shopping Jarret Jack. Anything else happening?

Chad Ford: (1:52 PM ET ) He's been out looking for a core player at either the point or small forward. I think he'd part with Jarrett Jack, TravisOutlaw, Sergio Rodriguez, Martell Webster and picks ... but only if he got a very high caliber young point guard or three in return. Someone like Devin Harris(who now is off the trading block) or Danny Granger (who I don't think the Pacers will trade).

Kyle (ATL): Bibby a band aid? Need a good young point guard? Is that not Acie Law?

Chad Ford: (1:52 PM ET ) No ... I think Law is a career back-up. Just my opinion.

Will (Denver): What's the sticking point in Artest deal to Denver, Kleiza?

Chad Ford: (1:54 PM ET ) Appears to be. The issue I have with Denver on this is ... if Artest is on the team, Kleiza's minutes will plummet. I think theysee him as insurance if Artest opts out. He's so unpredictable ... that's what makes him hard to move. If Artest opts out ... who knows what he'llask for in free agency. It's a risk.

Eric (SoCal): What pieces would the Spurs have to move in order to upgrade? Do you think Artest would help this team?

Chad Ford: (1:56 PM ET ) They have a lot of expiring contracts (about $15 million worth) and they have the draft rights to Tiago Splitter ... who's havinga very good season in Spain. They also have Ian Mahinmi ... who is having a good run in the D League right now. So ... they have assets. It's about findingthe right player and keeping this team from incurring a huge luxury tax bill.

Jim: Are the Suns going to fill either void that still remains: backup PG and versatile defender?

Chad Ford: (1:58 PM ET ) They are looking. It sounds like their owner, Robert Sarver, is giving the green light again to spend money. I think someone likeMickael Pietrus would be perfect, but I don't see the Warriors giving him away to a division rival. As far as point guards go ... they like Kyle Lowry ...and don't forget they have a trade exception to work with and Atlanta's first round pick this year. Not sure they'll make another move before thedeadline ... but they'll be active.

John: Chad: Please tell me the Heat will make a move to improve for next year.

Chad Ford: (2:01 PM ET ) I'm told they are working it on multiple fronts. They have Jason Williams expiring contract (worth nearly $9 million) and RickyDavis's expiring contract (worth nearly $7 million) ... so they do have a lot of assets should they choose to make a deal or two. Or ... they can waituntil the summer, hope Shawn Marion opts out and then have tons of cap space. Personally, I think they should use the room, bring in a guy like Mike Miller andmaybe Eddy Curry, use their lottery pick and be back in business ....

Laird (NYC): How good can Kyle Lowry be on a new team?

Chad Ford: (2:03 PM ET ) He seems to be the most popular name in the chat today ... a little 6 foot point guard from Villanova -- averaging 8.5 ppg, 3.6 apgand shooting 39 percent from the field and 25 percent from three. I love Lowry because of his energy and toughness ... but don't you think this is a littleridiculous? If Chris Wallace doesn't trade this guy now ... when his trade value is 10 times higher than his actual production ... he's nuts.

Chad Ford: (2:04 PM ET ) I've got to run everyone. I'll be back tomorrow (Thursday) same time, same place to keep you updated on the latest.

Ford is also on a Base-year-contract = impossible to move

Dirk didn't average 8 boards his first two years

Many execs knew Roy was going to be good, just not that good

Bargs plays the same position as Aldridge and Bosh - and having Aldridge and Oden and Frye doesn't scare the Blazers

WARRIORS AND CLIPPERS TRADE RUMOR
My buddy who works for the W's (same guy who gave me the All-Star rosters before they were announced) just texted me to say that the big rumor in the office this morning is Al, Wright, Beli, and MP for Elton Brand.

He did specify that this didn't come from Mullin directly, but just that it has been swirling around the office. And it works salary-wise.

Just passing on the info, so don't go crazy on me.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...0~308~2173~3242&teams=9~12~12~12~12&te=&cash=

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

WARRIORS AND CLIPPERS TRADE RUMOR
My buddy who works for the W's (same guy who gave me the All-Star rosters before they were announced) just texted me to say that the big rumor in the office this morning is Al, Wright, Beli, and MP for Elton Brand.

He did specify that this didn't come from Mullin directly, but just that it has been swirling around the office. And it works salary-wise.

Just passing on the info, so don't go crazy on me.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...0~308~2173~3242&teams=9~12~12~12~12&te=&cash=

giving up on bwright already?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom