Official NBA Trade Deadline Thread PAGE 1 UPDATES IF YOU MISSED ANYTHING

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

I love how in the East, Lebron + Miller = ECF, when in the west, Kobe + Pau + Lamar + Bynum isnt good enough to make the second round, and Dirk + JHoward + Kidd + Jet also is not good enough to make the second round.

laugh.gif

huh? so who has a better chance to make the second round in the west than the lakers and mavs?I know Spurs and Suns are two of those but who else?
grin.gif
Oh, no I didnt mean in that way. It was the "hypothetical" world, where nothing is really true. I was just saying though, that teams in theWest absolutely have to stack their respective team before the deadline, while teams in the East can literally sit back and watch it happen, and have the samesuccess.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

as I said before....

Odom for Butler??? U serious....c'mon bro, that is about as lopsided of a trade that anyone could make up. Butler is basically untouchable. He is to the Wizards what Kobe means to the Lakers. Yeah, he's indispensable. If there was any Wizard who I could see retiring here with the franchise, it's Tuff Juice. Odom for Butler
roll.gif
what's next, Kobe for Songaila?

Word.. when I saw dude post Lamar is far more gifted than Caron on the last page I was
sick.gif

Nice to see the Chicago Bulls involving themselves........actually....i dont see any good deals for us to make.....we blew the Kobe and Gasol deals...

breaking news: miller is sitting out the second half of the grizzlies game with a "sore back". one beings to ponder...

Originally Posted by belle155

ponder what? nothin will be pondered til hes in the wine n gold

i'm pondering and fantasizing that he has been traded to the cavs and joining forces with king james.
pimp.gif

welp, odom musta seen this post cuz he got 13 rebounds at the half and lakers up by almost 40 on the hawks
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

i would not trade odom for butler. odom is much more valuable in the west than butler is...

odom can play the 3 and 4...
laugh.gif
Man stop it. Lamar Odom is not as good as Caron Butler. Period. How many minutes will Lamar spend at the 4 anyways? Unless Pau gets hurt again or gets in foul trouble, not many.

its called depth at the position. something the mavs dont have
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
Good one... Laker fans so full of themselves since they won the Pau Gasol garbage sale...

you mad?
laugh.gif
garbage sale? yea, you mad....

the irony of you saying laker fans are full of themselves

You Laker fans are really relishing in the chance that you might get back to the Finals?

Not a chance.

Bounced in the Western Conference Finals by the Spurs, whether you like it or not.

The Spurs are still the elite team in the West and I'll give you 2 wins before you wave the white flag.
thanks for giving us a glimpse of the 2008 playoffs Captain Future..... what EVER would we do without you around here?
roll.gif

Ron Artest increased his trade value tonight. 24 points on >50% shooting, 5 assists, 5 rebounds, 3 steals, and a victory. Brandon Roy? 5-18. NY needs tohand over David Lee or Balkman

I want the t-wolves to make some kind of deal but I doubt it happens...

I would love to see them package Ratliff's expiring with Jaric's contract for some players...

Saw this on a Raptors forum, and pray to god this isnt true.

Parker + Andrea for Okafor

I dont like this trade.

I pray VC doesnt get traded for the sake i have his authentic nets jersey. Mike Miller would be a great addition to the Cavs but not sure how likely he is toget traded there within the next 2 days.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

and odom isnt?
no.

Dude, Lamar is one of the top 5 GIFTED players in the league.
6'11, left-handed, good dribbles, excellent rebounder, great passer, etc.
The problem with him is he's just lazy and inconsistent.
One game he'll put up damn near a triple-double, the next game he'll put up 2 points with 6 boards.
It's quite frustrating to say the least. Dude is just way too inconsistent to lead a team,
However, Lamar will thrive as a 3rd/4th option.

^you pretty much explained why everyone in the L would much rather have butler than odom.

while he might be talented, it hardly ever shows. he has glimpses, but he's inconsistent.

Multiple sources told ESPN.com that talks with the Indiana Pacers regarding a Carter-for-Jermaine O'Neal swap were dormant, but not dead, after the Netsspent nearly a week devoting their attention to the Kidd deal with Dallas.

Another source said there had been preliminary discussions on a three-way trade that would include, among other things, Carter going to the New York Knicks,Eddy Curry to Miami and the expiring contracts of Jason Williams and Ricky Davis to New Jersey.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

^you pretty much explained why everyone in the L would much rather have butler than odom.

while he might be talented, it hardly ever shows. he has glimpses, but he's inconsistent.
Yeah I know, but the question was if Lamar is more gifted than Caron.

I don't buy for one second that if the rest of the league knew Pau Gasol was available, there wouldn't have been a package that blew that deal out of the water. But, it is what it is.

actually, a lot of GM's knew gasol was on the market.
teams such as the cavs and bulls were dangling offers to memphis but none of those teams had what they really wanted (large expiring contract + draft picks)

yeah the lakers got a GREAT deal, but you guys act like memphis didnt get anything out of it.
and quite frankly, im tired of the whining.

Back
Top Bottom