Official NBA Trade Deadline Thread PAGE 1 UPDATES IF YOU MISSED ANYTHING

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Originally Posted by franchise3

Oh and if the Lakers can get back Butler for Odom, let's just save everybody time and give them the chip now.
and to think, the Lakers already had Butler to begin with
laugh.gif
ya but would you guys rather have Butler or Gasol? If Mitch didn't trade Butler, LA might not have Gasol now... You guys need Gasol more because you already have Kobe and Gasol is a big man, which is needed in the West...
true, I'd rather have Gasol over Butler, but still, its crazy how things work out. what if we traded Odom for Kwame instead of Butler? thenwe'd be running with Fisher/Kobe/Butler/Pau/Bynum
devil.gif

Butler was one of the guys that played very well with along side Kobe. still one of my favorite non-Lakers.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i would not trade odom for butler. odom is much more valuable in the west than butler is...

odom can play the 3 and 4...
laugh.gif
Man stop it. Lamar Odom is not as good as Caron Butler. Period. How many minutes will Lamar spend at the 4 anyways? Unless Pau gets hurt again or gets in foul trouble, not many.

its called depth at the position. something the mavs dont have
laugh.gif

get league pass and you will find out how many minutes he plays at the 4. unless caron can play pf in the west, the wiz can keep him...

Lamar Odom is not as good as Caron Butler

i am looking around right now to see who actually said odom was better than butler...
nerd.gif

i would not trade odom for butler. odom is much more valuable in the west than butler is...

laugh.gif
Man stop it. Lamar Odom is not as good as Caron Butler. Period. How many minutes will Lamar spend at the 4 anyways? Unless Pau gets hurt again or gets in foul trouble, not many.

laugh.gif
eyes.gif
Good one... Laker fans so full of themselves since they won the Pau Gasol garbage sale...

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

Originally Posted by franchise3

Oh and if the Lakers can get back Butler for Odom, let's just save everybody time and give them the chip now.
and to think, the Lakers already had Butler to begin with
laugh.gif
ya but would you guys rather have Butler or Gasol? If Mitch didn't trade Butler, LA might not have Gasol now... You guys need Gasol more because you already have Kobe and Gasol is a big man, which is needed in the West...
true, I'd rather have Gasol over Butler, but still, its crazy how things work out. what if we traded Odom for Kwame instead of Butler? then we'd be running with Fisher/Kobe/Butler/Pau/Bynum
devil.gif

Butler was one of the guys that played very well with along side Kobe. still one of my favorite non-Lakers.

ya that lineup would be nice
pimp.gif
..... but everything happens for areason
ohwell.gif
......... it might be a championship season for LA... whoknows?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
eyes.gif
Good one... Laker fans so full of themselves since they won the Pau Gasol garbage sale...

you mad?
laugh.gif
garbage sale? yea, you mad....

the irony of you saying laker fans are full of themselves

really? you lakers fans would rather have odom over butler? really?

can mullin just make a damn trade to land the warriors josh smith already..??

Honestly we should all take a step back and thank KOBE BEAN BRYANT for this season of nba trades. This man complains the lakers make a deal and now all theseteams are trying to keep up with the Lakers. People arent even talking about the Celtics anymore.

Kobe means so much to the league and to the fans, he has given us what we wanted for years come trade deadline, and even if no more deals go down we should behappy

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

At this point I would definitely rather have Odom over Butler. This is finally a scenario where Odom can play the Sheed role, only with better passingability.

you mad? garbage sale? yea, you mad.... the irony of you saying laker fans are full of themselves
I'm full of myself as a Mavs fan?
laugh.gif
OK... And yeah, Pau was gift wrapped for the Lakers for nothing. So... Yeah... Garbage sale. Idon't buy for one second that if the rest of the league knew Pau Gasol was available, there wouldn't have been a package that blew that deal out of thewater. But, it is what it is.

But, if you'd rather have Lamar Odom than Caron Butler, then... Whatever.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

i dont speak for all laker fans but i would not do it based on the lack of depth the front court has if odom is traded. also, now that we have thatsecond scorer, he can focus on the little things needed to be done.

and really this is all ******ed talk because butler right now is the face of the wizards. why would they trade him unless he sodomized and raped gilbert arenassister?

You do realize Butler is a hell of a defender, a good shooter, has a good head on his shoulders, and although maybe not as good a passer, a decent one, and notas big, but much faster and stronger?

I'm not saying they would trade Butler, I'd trade Jamison before Butler/Gilbert, just because he's an expiring and is a HUGE asset.

But I'd never in a million years think anyone would want Odom over Caron, only thing I was saying.

And, just for the sake of argument, Josh Howard can play the 2-3, and Brandon Bass plays 3-5.
laugh.gif

And please, if the Pau Gasol wasn't a garbage sale, what was it? How highly regarded is Kwame Brown, and is your 3rd string PG that important to you?

I heard from one of the Warriors message boards, that they heard on the radio that Warriors are interested in Chris Kaman?
nerd.gif

does any one know what the Cavs, Knicks, and Lakers are in trade talks about? Its an ESPN INSIDER and ha im not an insider

Originally Posted by wohcttank

does any one know what the Cavs, Knicks, and Lakers are in trade talks about? Its an ESPN INSIDER and ha im not an insider

Here's the latest breakdown of which teams might be hoping to make moves before the deadline at 3 p.m. ET Thursday.

nyk.gif

New York Knicks
Isiah Thomas continues to say it's unlikely the Knicks will do anything significant before the trade deadline, but chatter around the league suggestsotherwise. Multiple sources say that Miami has interest in Eddy Curry. The Heat canoffer Jason Williams' expiring contract in a straight-up deal. Or, if the Knickswant players back, they could try to work in a third team like New Jersey, which is trying to find a new home for Vince Carter.

If New York does decide to break up the Zach Randolph-Curry tandem, which directionwill it go in? If the Knicks were to erase Curry's deal from the books, they'd be staring at roughly $15 million to $20 million in cap room in summer2010 -- when LeBron James & Co. become free agents. If they trade for Carter, theylose that cap flexibility but immediately get a player who could help them make a late playoff push in the East.

If the Nets could work out this deal, and essentially erase Carter from their books, they'd be staring at about $15 million to $20 million in cap roomthis summer. It's a slam dunk for them. As for Miami, Curry isn't a great rebounder or defender, but he can score in the paint and, at 25, still mighthave some upside. If Pat Riley can't get anything out of him … then no one can.

Also of note, it appears that a few teams also have broached the possibility of acquiring Stephon Marbury if the Knicks are willing to take back a long-term deal. Marbury'scontract expires after next season, and a few GMs say it's possible that a team might be willing to pawn off a bad long-term contract (that of theNuggets' Nene or Kenyon Martin, for example) in return for Marbury.

cle.gif

Cleveland Cavaliers
They're still trying desperately to upgrade the team. One league source told ESPN.com that the Cavs are making one last push to try to acquire Mike Miller and KyleLowry from the Grizzlies. They don't have much to offer, so to sweeten the pot, they are willing to take back Brian Cardinal as part of a deal. Memphis has been trying to push him in a deal for a while,but hasn't found any takers on the remaining $13 million left on his contract after this season.

The deal, as described to me by a player agent, would send Miller, Cardinal and Lowry to the Cavaliers for Ira Newble, DonyellMarshall, Shannon Brown, Cedric Simmons and DwayneJones along with cash and at least one first-round pick from Cleveland. If the Cavs can pull that off, it would be an immediate upgrade of their roster.But they face stiff competition from a number of teams for the services of Miller and Lowry.

lal.gif

Los Angeles Lakers
Recent speculation that the Lakers might be shopping Lamar Odom appear to be bogus.Multiple sources said that the plan -- for right now -- is to keep Odom until this summer. For one, the Lakers are worried that, without Andrew Bynum, they can't afford to lose Odom's rebounding. Two, they want to give thisgroup some time to see whether it can jell. Odom is such an unselfish player, the thinking is that he can become more of a facilitator in the Lakers'offense.

[h2]
[/h2]

Players don't trade in the same division often, but hell could happen, I don't see Clipps trading for Kaman unless they give up Harrington, SJAX,Biedrins, or someone of that caliber.

Odom for Butler is garbage. I don't know what the wizards are planning for the future but Butler has been playing out of his mind since Gil's injury.As for all the Artest rumors, I like the Nuggets deal the best. I rather have Kleiza (sp?) over Battier and Gooden.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Players don't trade in the same division often, but hell could happen, I don't see Clipps trading for Kaman unless they give up Harrington, SJAX, Biedrins, or someone of that caliber.

I don't see them dealing Kaman at all... especially with Elton out........... they need size plus he's been playing well

talent wise Lamar is wayyyyyyyyy more gifted than butler...so that trade is really ******ed

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

you mad?
laugh.gif
garbage sale? yea, you mad....

the irony of you saying laker fans are full of themselves

You Laker fans are really relishing in the chance that you might get back to the Finals?

Not a chance.

Bounced in the Western Conference Finals by the Spurs, whether you like it or not.

The Spurs are still the elite team in the West and I'll give you 2 wins before you wave the white flag.

I don't see them dealing Kaman at all... especially with Elton out........... they need size plus he's been playing well

Elton apparently is coming back soon, or relatively soon.

Pass me what Washingtons GM is smoking because trading Caron would be an immensely dumb move.

if zeke has a brain, he'll get rid of zach, and stick curry in a sauna for may through august, once september hits, he'll be able to actually jump, anddare is say it, PLAY DEFENSE
eek.gif
(that actually applies for either of them, and since zach can score-see curry's statline for tonight- keep zach)

as much as i want ron artest, i would want to keep kleiza, i really see something special in him, an athletic shooter is hard to come by, but if san antoniogets him, and we dont at least get mike miller, second rd is almost out of the question. For the nuggets, ron > mm, because the team as whole has yet tograsp the concept of defense, and mike miller is unknown for his defensive prowess, we have enough scorers.

as I said before....

Odom for Butler??? U serious....c'mon bro, that is about as lopsided of a trade that anyone could make up. Butler is basically untouchable. He is to theWizards what Kobe means to the Lakers. Yeah, he's indispensable. If there was any Wizard who I could see retiring here with the franchise, it's TuffJuice. Odom for Butler
roll.gif
what's next, Kobe for Songaila?

Back
Top Bottom