lakers should trade walton for kapono

ucla trio of farmar/ariza/kapono

of course raptors wont do that
laugh.gif

You mean the Lakers wouldn't.

Kapono isn't good.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

as a mike miller fan, i would fully be in favor of a trade to the cavs. miller + bron would be
pimp.gif
. miller would thrive in cleveland with king james.

That move would really keep Lebron happy. Miller on the Cavs isn't really fair for the rest of the NBA. Everyone else might as well contract their franchises to Central America if this move is made. If I was Stern, I would do everything in my power to be sure that this doesn't go through.

word. we're finally on the same page. if miller became a cavalier, he would light it up on a nightly basis. while lebron gets double and triple teamed,miller would just chill on the perimeter and drain 3 after 3. miller can drive too, and create his own offense. he's also one of the most unselfish playersin the league so bron would have no problems with him not dishing it to him like damon jones.

bron + mike miller = curtains for the rest of the league.

pg-gibson sg- miller sf- lebron pf- gooden c-z =
eek.gif

I hope Benedict Walletts is shipped out of the Chi. Hopefully Gordon for somebody expiring and a lotto pick.

and miller and bron already have the team usa chemistry. they would instantly gel and dominate the second half of the season.
pimp.gif

You all are trippin, Mike Miller is GOOD, and Lebron is GREAT, but that wouldnt neccessarily make the Cavs the eastern confernce favorites. They would probablygive up some inside rebounding and just take on a larger contract, so if it doesnt work out, they'll be stuck with no one coming off the books.

Cavs need a PG badly. Daniel Gibson cannot and will not get it done. He's not a starting PG, the one game he started in the playoffs he played horrible.Dont think this guy is something special cuz he hit some 3's in the soph rookie game. He's a nobody. He's still cant keep up wit Billups contraryto last years playoffs, and i would even take rondo over him. If gil and caron come backthe wiz are def a better team than the Cavs.

The cavs needed bibby, so unless they can make a move for him, they WILL not be the eastern conference champions

I love how in the East, Lebron + Miller = ECF, when in the west, Kobe + Pau + Lamar + Bynum isnt good enough to make the second round, and Dirk + JHoward +Kidd + Jet also is not good enough to make the second round.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Newbs24

I hope Benedict Walletts is shipped out of the Chi.

I hope so too... but who would possibly take him? We might have to take on possibly an even worse contract...... but hopefully Pax can get it done forsomeone who will contribute or a big expiring deal..... but like I've said before I'd be happy if Pax bought him out at this point
tired.gif

The Cavs need a decent point guard not just to take pressure off Lebron on offense, but also to limit the abilities of the EC point guards that can do damageto the Cavs.

The problem here is that whomever you get to compliment Lebron they must be a good shooter from the perimeter. If they're not it make Lebron'spenetration in the paint a little less effective.

The Cavs could acquire Jason Kapono or the cheaper version in Juan Dixon from the Raptors. Both players are much less than Mike Miller.

It's good to see that Colangelo is looking to trade Kapono although I'm not sure there is much interest in him. He's the best 3-pt shooter in thegame but that's ALL he does. Dude cant create his own shot, pass, rebound, defend, he's getting paid because 50% of his shots behind the arc go in.

Regardless of any trade happening in the East, there is a 98% chance Boston meets Detroit in the ECF.

as a heat fan why would u even want that trade? its 8 million coming off the books next year just keep em
i see what you mean, but unless marion opts out, which he most likely wont, we still wont have significant enough cap space to get a top tierplayer. If riley can move the expiring contracts for a good player, it can still help us get better for next year. then next summer (09) maybe make a move fora top tier player like brand.

i hope the wolves can somehow get jaric out of town! i hate this dude so much!! maybe we could ship antoine walker to a contender for something valuable

Originally Posted by WILLINC

as a heat fan why would u even want that trade? its 8 million coming off the books next year just keep em
i see what you mean, but unless marion opts out, which he most likely wont, we still wont have significant enough cap space to get a top tier player. If riley can move the expiring contracts for a good player, it can still help us get better for next year. then next summer (09) maybe make a move for a top tier player like brand.

EXACTLY. If Marion re-signs, even with the other contracts coming off the books we'll only be about $9-10 million under the cap, which likelyisn't enough to lure a major talent of the caliber that would be feasible if Marion opted out.

Cavs fans need to relax. Your team doesnt have much it can offer to get a significant piece in return (no expiring contracts/high draft picks/young talent).
Marshall, Jones, Gooden and Snow are all up after this year and for the most part making more money than they should be.

The Heat have to do something about Dwayne Wade. He's a turnover machine this season. Ok, he's not 100%, but the offense cannot be give it to Wade andlet him create stuff. This offense is awful if it was Michael Jordan being asked to create.

Riley's history is "get a big man". Everywhere he has coached the cornerstone has been a big forceful center.

the cavs will be able to make some moves next year when all those guys are on their last year of their inflated contracts.

Originally Posted by adidas All Day I Dream About Shoes

Cavs fans need to relax. Your team doesnt have much it can offer to get a significant piece in return (no expiring contracts/high draft picks/young talent).
Marshall, Jones, Gooden and Snow are all up after this year and for the most part making more money than they should be.

No cap relief until next summer.
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/cleveland.htm

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

It's good to see that Colangelo is looking to trade Kapono although I'm not sure there is much interest in him. He's the best 3-pt shooter in the game but that's ALL he does. Dude cant create his own shot, pass, rebound, defend, he's getting paid because 50% of his shots behind the arc go in.

Regardless of any trade happening in the East, there is a 98% chance Boston meets Detroit in the ECF.
However, he is better than Peterson was, just because of the fact that he will slash on O. He will move without the ball, looking for a chance to getsome points up there.
But he is still overpaid.

Defense, thats a whole nother story.

I think Delfino has taken the "MoPete" role on this season's Raptors. Kapono was brought in because he was thought of as an "instantoffense" kind of guy. The problem is he's instant offense for both teams.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I think Delfino has taken the "MoPete" role on this season's Raptors. Kapono was brought in because he was thought of as an "instant offense" kind of guy. The problem is he's instant offense for both teams.

roll.gif

I think you can see why the Raptors want to move Kapono. The reason is the emergence of Jamario Moon. Colangelo didn't expect Moon to be part of the 8 manrotation.

Back
Top Bottom