Official NBA Finals Game 3: 06/09 Los Angeles Lakers @ Orlando Magic 6:00PM PST ABC

Originally Posted by franchise3

If you want the refs to call the moving screens on Howard then I say call the fouls on what Trevor calls D on Turk.
Trevor has to get up on him, otherwise Hedo has his arm to clear out the entire time, he dribbles the entire way down court with his arm fullyextended out to the side everytime.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Originally Posted by Thugnificence

Los Angeles fell in love with him because he was a slasher, and attacked the rim with NO FEAR.

When he gets more Field Goal Attempts than Pau Gasol, then we have a *%@%+$% problem.
didnt know he had more FGAs than Pau...

that needs to change immediately...

ideally i'd want Pau to get 15-20 FGAs per game... every game...

Trevor: 5-13
Pau: 9-11

Tell me the problem there?

laugh.gif
I know the team says, "if you're open shoot it!" ... but I mean there were so many times Ariza tried to do a little too much.

Pau needs AT LEAST 15-20FGA / Gm
well damn...

PAU needs to sack up & start calling for the god damn ball more...

I was telling my boy that too Franchise, Trevor was playing too aggressive, exactly like sasha - he constantly got beat and would leave his feet early to contest a shot from Turk.

Trev also has to realize there's a reason why he gets the ball and he's always open, the Magic will live with him shooting jumpers.

Los Angeles fell in love with him because he was a slasher, and attacked the rim with NO FEAR.

When he gets more Field Goal Attempts than Pau Gasol, then we have a *%@%+$% problem.
True, the magic don't rotate over well enough to draw charges, if Trevor would get in the air around the rim he'll either get a basket ora call.

--Good win for the Magic. They shot lights out. I knew these guys would bounce back.
--They were the aggressors so they got the calls. They played a good all around game. Hats off to them.
--The Lakers did not match the Magic's intensity. And Mamba missed crucial free throws. SMH.

--I think this loss is good for the Lakers. Keep them on their toes. Hopefully come back on Thursday and pull out a W.

I don't think intensity was a problem, effort was definitely there tonight, of all things the master of execution didn't execute @ the end of the game.You really just have to takes your hats off to the Magic for not missing anything @ all in the 1st half and for keeping it up for the most part in the 2ndhalf. We came out with great energy which kind of surprised me cause with the way LA has played most of this postseason, if it's not a must win game, theyare more nonchalant.

I can almost guarantee a similar effort on Tuesday and better execution down the stretch will result in us being up 3-1. I don't think there's anywayOrlando makes 80% of their jumpshots in the 1st half again this series.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by kingkb34

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Originally Posted by eye see soles

More so than anything Kobe showed a weakness. He had a few turnovers that last minute. Orlando figured him out.

Cut off the head and the body will die.
if this guy could elaborate on what weakness Kobe has...

haha
kobeyep.gif
roll.gif

PERFECT EXECUTION!

u cant let close ones like this slip in the finals. kobe man up son. ur the best in the world....do something...

The Magic SHOT LIGHTS OUT AND STILL BARELY WON
eek.gif
Ey Lakers fans, CALM DOWN. Clearly this series will be won by the Lakers. The Magic played the absolutebest they will play for the rest of this series and narrowly pulled it out, no need to panic. I mean come on, 60 something percent shooting, AT HOME, and justsqueak by, the Magic are who should be worried.

Two things: Hedo traveled his +@@ off on that miss that Petruis tip slammed in. That was a big momentum swing right there. It's terrible cause the ref wasright behind him

Also, the Lakers need to get Gasol the ball more. No reason for him to have less shots than O LAY Ariza. Gasol should get at least 18 shots a game. Alwaysshould take the second most shots.

How could no one ask any of the Lakers about not calling a timeout during that scramble play when Gasol was on the floor? I believe they had 3 timeouts at thatpoint.

Alston did his thing tonight. Rashard Lewis has been the most clutch player in these playoffs. Props to the Magic for their first Finals win ever. Now Shaq canstop saying he did everything first. We all know he won't, but at least now there is a glaring flaw to Shaq's argument.

Wow....just finished the game. Crazy outcome. I thought if the Lakers kept the game close, there was no way they would lose. I was expecting a Magic blowout ora Laker squeeker. Great game.

And god damn are the lines makers good.

Well get em Thursday. No way we sweep the Magic. All and all good game from what I heard. Just gotta re-up and we'll be ok.

Originally Posted by dland24

Wow....just finished the game. Crazy outcome. I thought if the Lakers kept the game close, there was no way they would lose. I was expecting a Magic blowout or a Laker squeeker. Great game.

amd_donaghy.jpg
I'm not sayingthe refs gave the game to the Magic in any way, shape, or form. I'm also not saying they tried to give the game to the Lakers. But I did notice the Lakersgetting calls when it seemed like the Magic could get the lead to 7 or higher.

Tonight Kobe was just off after the 1st...Laker's always lose when he goes off early, and makes the team off too...he should save that for the 3rd or 4th.

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

Originally Posted by NobleKane

u cant let close ones like this slip in the finals. kobe man up son. ur the best in the world....do something...

"best in the world"?
True

Where was candyman all game
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Originally Posted by dland24

Wow....just finished the game. Crazy outcome. I thought if the Lakers kept the game close, there was no way they would lose. I was expecting a Magic blowout or a Laker squeeker. Great game.

amd_donaghy.jpg
I'm not saying the refs gave the game to the Magic in any way, shape, or form. I'm also not saying they tried to give the game to the Lakers. But I did notice the Lakers getting calls when it seemed like the Magic could get the lead to 7 or higher.

i had a feeling the line was at orl -4, without checking it out. i was thinking to myself that the last two fts will mean something as far as betting goes.

usually they will let that last foul go.
grin.gif

Magic was just lights out tonight. They were due for that after bad shooting performances in LA. Lakers should have went for the tie and set up their offenseinstead of Kobe jacking up that 3. Should have went to Pau more. Anyway, hope we get game 4.

bright nikes wrote:

didnt know he had more FGAs than Pau...

that needs to change immediately...

ideally i'd want Pau to get 15-20 FGAs per game... every game...

Trevor: 5-13
Pau: 9-11

Tell me the problem there?

laugh.gif
I know the team says, "if you're open shoot it!" ... but I mean there were so many times Ariza tried to do a little too much.

Pau needs AT LEAST 15-20FGA / Gm

if Pau gets more touches, that also remedies Kobe's fatigue factor - which Phil mentioned and Kobe acknowledged while brushing off.
but I like how Kobe sets the tone for the team on the road, and despite the letup on D, I like how they didn' t back down.
I really wanted to see that Kobe interview hunched over hands on knees 1st nugget road game --- since he was tired.

Back
Top Bottom