Official NBA Finals Game 3: 06/09 Los Angeles Lakers @ Orlando Magic 6:00PM PST ABC

laugh.gif
Lord knows Pietrus doesn't have that many games like that in him. His IQ is like that of a rock on the court.

eyes.gif
Prepared for Orlando to push that undefeated when girl sings national anthem crap.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

It's bad sometimes when he gets on a hot streak of crazy shots early on because he falls in love with them
QFMFT

i swear i wish Pau/LO would demand the ball more...
the magic have nobody that can stop Pau on the block...
the magic have nobody that can stop LO on the block...

sometimes Kobe just kills the momentum the team gets from his shots...

my hope is that all the magic role players got their best game out of their system and they all don't have super games in game 4.
cuz it took every player to have a great game to win. Even an average game by their role players won't cut it.

one thing though, the refs have to not allow all those moving screens that dwight howard commits cuz that allows the magic perimeter players to get extraspace.

Originally Posted by belle155

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

the right mentality is "hmm... how can my team work on not letting their opponent shoot 75% in a half?"

That's for the coaches to worry about. Thinking like this would lead me to believe that a blown call or bad turnover in the first half is what cost them the game. The game was there for the taking and the Lakers choked, Kobe doing most of it.

Are you being sarcastic? It seems clear that most fans are either blaming Kobe's play, even those that have already accepted the loss. I believeknightingale is on his own in blaming the refs. (he usually is alone in his reasoning)
yeah I was watchin sayin Lakers got this, this is a wrap. Kobe really did choke down the stretch. A few missed shots, few missed free throws, turnover...make 1 or 2 of those shots and free throws and don't turn it over and youre sittin at 3-0 lookin pretty.

i thought kobe was clutch

lakers will still win it all tho, no worries

I thought you were against coming into laker game threads? i see cavs fans are still bitter
pimp.gif

LAKERS HAVE MADE PROGRESS...

EARLIER IN THE PLAYOFFS THEY WOULDVE LOST BY 20...

GIVE ORLANDO CREDIT LAKER FANS ...... YALL WERE NOT SWEEPING THE MAGIC..

The Magic played amazing... but the lakers need to concentrate and pick their spots.. Why are you doubling Rafer Alston and leaving Lewis wide open?!?!

With that said, orlando does not shoot 60%again

If you want the refs to call the moving screens on Howard then I say call the fouls on what Trevor calls D on Turk.

Originally Posted by knightngale

A thing I dont get is why the lakers go to bynum on offense when he misses most of his shots

dude should just be there for defense/fouls and not to waist offensive possessions

if that bum wants points he better work for garbage points

bynum 2-6 and gasol 9-11

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I'm the opposite. I feel like we should get bynum more shots early so that he will be more involved. Maybe even get d12 into foul trouble.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Originally Posted by eye see soles

More so than anything Kobe showed a weakness. He had a few turnovers that last minute. Orlando figured him out.

Cut off the head and the body will die.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
that's the same thing people were saying after Battier "shut him down" after one of the games in the Rockets series.

eye see soles, what are you going to say when Kobe comes back in Game 4 with 40 and a Lakers W? and then wins the series in 5 or 6? you're going to look like a fool.
I never said he wasn't going to get his. I just said they figured him out. You can only hope to contain Kobe.

But he was rattled in the 4th and that definitely wasn't his own doing. It was the Magic.

They definitely did things markedly different on Kobe than they had been doing previously.

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

Orlando could easily be up 2-1.

You LA fans need to stop crying. This is why your the worst fan base in the NBA.
those two last games could have gone either way, so if you're saying the magic could easily be up 2-1 then the lakers could easily be up 3-0

I thought you were against coming into laker game threads? i see cavs fans are still bitter
pimp.gif
no im just against ignorant laker fans.

ive been watchin the games just to watch.

magic wont set any more NBA finals shooting records this year so its a safe bet to say LA in 6 max. if ORL gets 1 more at home, they'll be lucky. ivebeen waitin for Kobe to get that ring w/o shaq and you know thats what he wants

eek.gif
laugh.gif

That reporter asked Kobe if it's disappointing when he can't close out a game even though he's often referred to as the best closer in the game!

*Kobe played pretty bad the second half, only time he was being productive was when he was dishing it out and finding the open person
That's how they won the last two games of the Denver series. The Lakers can overcome his poor free throw shooting and the occasional badshot/mistake if he keeps moving the ball. Dude just has to keep it simple.

A thing I dont get is why the lakers go to bynum on offense when he misses most of his shots
Didn't you see Kobe and Fish think about passing the ball to him and drive instead? The don't trust him. He's Kwame status now. Didn't he miss two passes from Kobe in the lane? They're tough passes to catch, but that's what he's supposed to do. Fouls or not, Idon't see him playing much next game.

If you thought this was going to be a sweep you are a super homer and quite stupid.
Where's the reason in that statement? Believing that the Lakers had the opportunity to win tonight doesn't mean we believed the Lakerswere going to sweep, that we're super homers, or stupid. We're clearly not the only people that thought the game was there for the taking and theLakers gave it away. Many of those people are hoping the Lakers lose and while they may have picked them to win the series, I highly doubt they picked them tosweep.

I just hope he'd trust his squad more cuz they got em.
Yup, a few people mentioned it, but when the Lakers were moving the ball, they found Odom and Gasol close to the basket nearly every time. THEy needed to milk that for all it was worth. Kobe wasn't the only person not making the right pass, but the other Lakers clearly follow hislead. If Kobe isn't trying to make the pass into the post when Pau has his man sealed three feet in front of the basket, I'm not taking the chanceeither.

Exactly. He needed to pick his spots and ride his teammates to...something better than what we saw.

Kamla's on so it's time to change the channel.

Bottom line, you can't let the Magic shoot 62.5% for the game and expect to WIN.

It was a piss poor effort on the defensive side of the ball, yeah the turnovers and missed free throws are god damn killer - if you can't stop the otherteam from scoring, it's pretty much a wrap.

Props to the Magic for hitting big shots (Pietrus, Shard and D12's FTs).

I just wish I see some adjustments from the Lakers.

All they need is 1 WIN in Orlando.

Let's get it
pimp.gif

holdenmichael wrote:
eek.gif
laugh.gif

That reporter asked Kobe if it's disappointing when he can't close out a game even though he's often referred to as the best closer in the game!

*Kobe played pretty bad the second half, only time he was being productive was when he was dishing it out and finding the open person
That's how they won the last two games of the Denver series. The Lakers can overcome his poor free throw shooting and the occasional bad shot/mistake if he keeps moving the ball. Dude just has to keep it simple.

Didn't you see Kobe and Fish think about passing the ball to him and drive instead? The don't trust him. He's Kwame status now. Didn't he miss two passes from Kobe in the lane? They're tough passes to catch, but that's what he's supposed to do. Fouls or not, I don't see him playing much next game.

If you thought this was going to be a sweep you are a super homer and quite stupid.
Where's the reason in that statement? Believing that the Lakers had the opportunity to win tonight doesn't mean we believed the Lakers were going to sweep, that we're super homers, or stupid. We're clearly not the only people that thought the game was there for the taking and the Lakers gave it away. Many of those people are hoping the Lakers lose and while they may have picked them to win the series, I highly doubt they picked them to sweep.

I just hope he'd trust his squad more cuz they got em.
Yup, a few people mentioned it, but when the Lakers were moving the ball, they found Odom and Gasol close to the basket nearly every time. THEy needed to milk that for all it was worth. Kobe wasn't the only person not making the right pass, but the other Lakers clearly follow his lead. If Kobe isn't trying to make the pass into the post when Pau has his man sealed three feet in front of the basket, I'm not taking the chance either.

Exactly. He needed to pick his spots and ride his teammates to...something better than what we saw.

Kamla's on so it's time to change the channel.

The reason behind the statement was the fact that some laker fans thought thus was going to be a sweep. Not winning game 3 means its not a sweep. Thinking wewould sweep IMO makes you a super homer and plain stupid.. I love my squad but there was no way we would sweep a team that knocked out a 66 win team and thedefending champions in the same playoffs. The game being there for the taking had nothing to do with my statement.

But it doesn't matter. The game is over. Its not a sweep and we will win game 4.

Anything else?

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Bottom line, you can't let the Magic shoot 62.5% for the game and expect to WIN.

It was a piss poor effort on the defensive side of the ball, yeah the turnovers and missed free throws are god damn killer - if you can't stop the other team from scoring, it's pretty much a wrap.

Props to the Magic for hitting big shots (Pietrus, Shard and D12's FTs).

I just wish I see some adjustments from the Lakers.

All they need is 1 WIN in Orlando.

Let's get it
pimp.gif

QFT

Me and you are on the same page as always bright....

Originally Posted by franchise3

If you want the refs to call the moving screens on Howard then I say call the fouls on what Trevor calls D on Turk.

sure if you call the off arm by Hedo....he does it 85% of the time.

Originally Posted by belle155

pimp.gif
no im just against ignorant laker fans.

ive been watchin the games just to watch.

magic wont set any more NBA finals shooting records this year so its a safe bet to say LA in 6 max. if ORL gets 1 more at home, they'll be lucky. ive been waitin for Kobe to get that ring w/o shaq and you know thats what he wants
nothing is guaranteed with this inconsistent lakers defense

reminds me of the 2006 mavs
sick.gif

I agree pau/lo should demand the ball but has been screaming for the ball damn near every play the last two games. One play that comes to mind was when Jordangot a rebound n had LO right in front but saw Kobe jumpn up and down for the ball across court. Lamar is wide open but naturally ur gnna try n get that ball tothe best player on the floor, which lead to a turnover. But I've also seen Kobe dribbling and Ariza wide open and clapping but Kobe waiving him off. Orlast gme when he drove and had LO open in the corner and trevor open up high and he forced a bad shot that got blked and lead overtime. He makes that passthere is no missd courtney lee layup and overtime. Even phil knws that kobe goin off is not good for us for a whole series. We made need that a game here nthere but Kobe HAS TO TRUST THIS TEAM.

Back
Top Bottom