Official NBA Finals Game 3: 06/09 Los Angeles Lakers @ Orlando Magic 6:00PM PST ABC

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

I dunno why y'all keep reiterating the Magic's fg % when y'all was also making hella shots in the 4th...Wasn't like y'all was shooting 30% while Magic shooting 75%
forreal . Lakers made 11 straight fgs to start the 4th , come on now ...

Originally Posted by eye see soles

More so than anything Kobe showed a weakness. He had a few turnovers that last minute. Orlando figured him out.

Cut off the head and the body will die.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Yeah right..........

More so than anything Kobe showed a weakness. He had a few turnovers that last minute. Orlando figured him out.

roll.gif

ridiculous............ORLANDO won the game, thats all that happened...

roll.gif

tSamShoX wrote:
I dunno why y'all keep reiterating the Magic's fg % when y'all was also making hella shots in the 4th...Wasn't like y'all was shooting 30% while Magic shooting 75%

In the 4th...

If the Magic play the bobcats or something shooting 75% in the first half would have the entire starting 5 sitting on the bench to start the 4th.

We were right there the entire time. Even when they got up 8 we were almost there.

The Magic are a great team. IF they win game 4 I will start to worry but I honestly believe that we are the better team and we will win game 4.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Orlando really could be up 2-1 though.

if Courtney Lee hadn't missed a layup the Lakers would be in trouble right now... LA fans should be feeling good that they are up 2-1, with HCA still in hand.

also, it's important to note that Rafer Alston just had a good game. Alston has one good game per series.. in every other game, he plays bad and hurts the team. law of averages says that he will %@*# up in Game 4.
Yup.. Gunna got the statistics to back it up
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

there is no way kobe is gonna shoot that bad down the stretch in the next game. you know damn well he aint sleepin tonite, he goin straight to practice hisjumpshot and freethrows.

I'm really pissed Kobe really %!%+%% us over at the end. He was trying to do too much I think just like the end of last game.

Then again, his amazing first half was really the only reason we had a chance from the get go, can't hate on him for that.

Magic shot amazingly and played as good as they could play, yet they only won by four, you can't be happy about that if you're a Magic fan, because weall know Lakers were not playing well.

I'm just mad because they lost a very winnable game in the last minute or so.

Expect Kobe to be amazing next game, whether its in points or defense or passing, he's going to do something amazing.

Good game by the Magic regardless, dudes did what they had to do to stay alive.

People on here act like you can't say kobe put the team in a tuff spot to win the game
laugh.gif
.... Fact is he cannot turn it on and off on the road. I justhope he'd trust his squad more cuz they got em.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Like I said before.....

If you thought this was going to be a sweep you are a super homer and quite stupid.

My wife was asking why I wasn't even really watching the game. I expected a throw away game and they came out and played.

The Magic did just about everything right tonight and we still had a chance for the game.

Yeah this could have been 2-1 Magic....but its 2-1 Lakers. I can't think about it any way else.

We just have to hope we have the same effort in game 4 and maybe make the right plays at the end of the game.

I won't blame a soul for this game. Kobe played his butt off in the first and had a subpar second half. I am a little upset at him but I damn sure won't blame the loss on him.

This is just something you have to move on from.

I am moving on....
QFT...you sir i have learned to respect

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

Orlando could easily be up 2-1.

You LA fans need to stop crying. This is why your the worst fan base in the NBA.
you guys are funny at times
laugh.gif
...damn we cant do nothing wordto george lopez
roll.gif

sidetrakked, where are those sweep pics ???

you even posted it in the 1st quarter of this game.....

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
that's the same thing people were saying afterBattier "shut him down" after one of the games in the Rockets series.

eye see soles, what are you going to say when Kobe comes back in Game 4 with 40 and a Lakers W? and then wins the series in 5 or 6? you're going to looklike a fool.

the right mentality is "hmm... how can my team work on not letting their opponent shoot 75% in a half?"

That's for the coaches to worry about. Thinking like this would lead me to believe that a blown call or bad turnover in the first half is what cost themthe game. The game was there for the taking and the Lakers choked, Kobe doing most of it.

Bynum is overrated by most of the Laker fans on NT. Dude is not worth the contract they gave him.

You don't know what you're talking about. He was putting up monster numbers before suffering two freak injuries. He may be playing horrible now, butthat doesn't mean he's never played well.

Inside the NBA is on NBATV right now

This is the second time it's taken me 10 minutes or so to change the channel after the game
smh.gif

So do y'all blame Kobe for the L?

Are you being sarcastic? It seems clear that most fans are either blaming Kobe's play, even those that have already accepted the loss. I believeknightingale is on his own in blaming the refs.

dont have too cuz ska is one image

That makes no sense
eyes.gif

He told "us." I state, "find one of 'us' that cares." You reply, "him."

He told himself? If that's the case, why are you directing your comment at fans of the Lakers instead of sending him a PM?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Prez T

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

forreal . Lakers made 11 straight fgs to start the 4th , come on now ...
THE MAGIC SET A NBA FINALS RECORD FOR FG% IN THE 1ST HALF...

I BELIEVE THEY SET A RECORD FOR FG% IN A NBA FINALS GAME TOO...

GREAT SHOOTING FOR AN ENTIRE GAME>>>>GREAT SHOOTING FOR A QUARTER

They did set a Finals record but the Lakers were lights out in the 4th which kept them in it. They were like 7 for 7 to start out the quarter.

Bottomline, they shot 29% in game 1. Second worst in NBA history.

Which basically means, things aren't always what it seems and the Magic shooting is somewhere in the middle of those numbers.

The bigger things to take out of the game is the guard play for the Magic stepped up after being horrible the 1st 2 games. Dwight finally got going. Kobemissing FT's which is uncharacteristic, and basically faltered down the stretch

Close game and the Lakers missed their chances to snatch it. Kobe shouldnt shoot 50% from the FT line and it shouldnt happen again. Hard to beat a teamshooting that high a percentage by missing free throws and missing rotations on shooters.

Wont do the usual Laker fan thing and blame the Refs because it was an Orlando home game but Joey Crawford is terrible. How he clearly missed that doubledribble/intentional foul on Pietrus is obscene. Dude looks more concerned at giving a show with theatrical calls then actually calling the game.

Hopefully this was Orlando best game and they come back to earth and not shoot that great next game. Lakers have to at least get one of the next two games.

Gotta look at this from the brightside. Orlando shot real well overall and they only won by 4 points.

Come on LakeShow, bring it game 4!

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit251

We played bad tonite n still could hve won the game.... Kobe gotta use his teammates. C'mon fam Pau is playn well, LO has been amazing, trev's been knockn shots dwn, and Fish wants to win it all so why not get them involved?????? On the road he cannot control a half then go into decoy mode in the 2nd half b/c that kills our rythm on offense. Luckily LO, fish, pau, trev, n the other guys were still knocking dwn shots. Game 4 we can win that b/c Orlando got alotta calls tonite n made alotta tuff shots so if we run our offense n play defense like we've been doin and we're good.
I somewhat agree, but it seems like when Kobe's out of the game and Pau has the offense to himself he shies away from taking big shots. Therewere a lot of times when he should have demanded the ball on offense early in the 4th and he just didn't.

Still, he played very well. Kobe with a second straight sub par game
smh.gif
. He needs to attack more instead of settling for difficult shots. It's badsometimes when he gets on a hot streak of crazy shots early on because he falls in love with them and then at the end of the game when his legs are gone theydon't fall. We would have won if not for his missed free throws too. He's not doing a lot to help his best closer in the game reputation
laugh.gif

A thing I dont get is why the lakers go to bynum on offense when he misses most of his shots

dude should just be there for defense/fouls and not to waist offensive possessions

if that bum wants points he better work for garbage points

bynum 2-6 and gasol 9-11

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

This is what I think...

*Kobe played pretty bad the second half, only time he was being productive was when he was dishing it out and finding the open person

*Fisher played really good, and it sucks we wasted his effort tonight, you don't know how many more games he has like this in him

*Orlando played a damn near perfect game, and only won by 4. BUT we didn't play to bad ourselves...

*If Lakers lose game 4 this might be a toughie....

Overall, I know that us fans can't really complain, but these are the worst types of losses. We could have won and we didn't.

P.S. Why does Kobe always try to split the double team like that, I know i've seen him lose the ball like that at least 3 previous times. Make the simpleplay use the screen and you get the same thing, SUCH A TOUGH LOSS GOD $$@% MUTHA @%*# @$%@ AHHHHHHHHHH

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

the right mentality is "hmm... how can my team work on not letting their opponent shoot 75% in a half?"

That's for the coaches to worry about. Thinking like this would lead me to believe that a blown call or bad turnover in the first half is what cost them the game. The game was there for the taking and the Lakers choked, Kobe doing most of it.

Are you being sarcastic? It seems clear that most fans are either blaming Kobe's play, even those that have already accepted the loss. I believeknightingale is on his own in blaming the refs. (he usually is alone in his reasoning)

yeah I was watchin sayin Lakers got this, this is a wrap. Kobe really did choke down the stretch. A few missed shots, few missed free throws,turnover...make 1 or 2 of those shots and free throws and don't turn it over and youre sittin at 3-0 lookin pretty.

i thought kobe was clutch

lakers will still win it all tho, no worries

Back
Top Bottom