Official NBA Finals Game 3: 06/09 Los Angeles Lakers @ Orlando Magic 6:00PM PST ABC

Chris Brown and Omarion going shopping together and deciding to wear the same sneakers?
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I rarely ever like anything Wayne wears, but that sweater is fire from what I can see.

*sigh*

Gotta make your free throws Kobe.
smh.gif

Call timeout next time Pau.

Tough tough loss. Damn it. But give it up to the Magic, my God they don't miss.
laugh.gif

I thought Farmar played REAL well, I was happy with the way Fish played, Ariza struggled early, but got himself going, nice to see that. Pau did a great job,and LO got goin a bit late.

This one squarely on Kobe. Dude went dumb last night. He cost us this game.

Still, 99-99 with a couple minutes to play, and the Magic shooting like 158%. We had a chance. Kobe blew it.
smh.gif

Boston won the first two at home, and then lost a close one to us in game 3 last year. They won game 4. We have to do that too. Let's get it.
pimp.gif

Agreed with CP.
Kobe tried to do too much, when he can keep it very simple. A couple of close bad passes where if the Magic were a little more attentive could've taken thegame away. But this was a very good game overall, for both teams. Skip went crazy and the team started knocking down shots, very well played.
Hopefully, Kobe realizes that the team is slowly getting their groove back so he doesn't need to do so much, plus Pau is killing Dwight on the post. Alsohe needs to stop looking for the fouls and just keep taking it to them with a high percentage attempt rather than a force shot trying to get a foul. I thinkLakers are taking the next 1 and it will be do or die for Magics in game 5.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

laugh.gif
Lord knows Pietrus doesn't have that many games like that in him. His IQ is like that of a rock on the court.

Actually, he's been very consistent for the Magic.. In the last 10 playoff games he has scored between 13 and 18 points every game with the exception ofgame 2 of the finals and one more game. He needs to start over Courtney Lee.

One thing I saw last night is that we don't need to run so many pick and rolls with Kobe and Gasol cause it's too easy to trap him and for some reasonhe's tried and failed every time he's tried to split it. Kobe is the best 1 on 1 player, let him iso against Pietrus and if the help comes, kick it tothe open man. Either that or let Fish or whoever is the PG bring the ball up and run Kobe off some screens or something.

I'm confident we'll make adjustments and just hope that the Magic miss some shots next game
smh.gif

Bill Simmons, a Celtic fan and admitted Laker hater, nevertheless had an interesting take on Kobe after game 2. I posted because game 3 also came down to thewire.

Kobe's reputation as a "killer" at the end of games remains overblown. The site www.82games.com just posted a study of game-winning shotsfrom the last five-plus seasons (regular seasons and playoffs since the 2003-04 season) that revealed Kobe was shooting 14-for-56 (25 percent) with one assistand five turnovers, and made 12 of 15 free throws. So let's say that was 70 possessions total, including Sunday night. ... He only had one assist in nearlysix years??? That's why Orlando quadruple-teamed him in that spot. Kobe is a phenomenal streak shooter, and he has a real talent for catching fire with alead and closing games out ... but you can stop him in one-shot situations simply because he's his own worst enemy. He wants to be a hero, he'sshooting it, and that's that.

Yea magic got away with that. But if the kobe would have hit his free throws then it would have been a rap. Plus he had a slow second half.

give to the magic they played well shot the lights out...a record for best shooting percentage in the 1st qtr in the finals
eek.gif
...kobe screwed up big time...he missed freethrows...missed shots and thatturnover...i blame him for this loss...i dont care who he is...i know hes our star but it starts and ends with kobe...with that said we only lost by singledigits in a very close game

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

give to the magic they played well shot the lights out...a record for best shooting percentage in the 1st qtr in the finals
eek.gif
...kobe screwed up big time...he missed freethrows...missed shots and that turnover...i blame him for this loss...i dont care who he is...i know hes our star but it starts and ends with kobe...with that said we only lost by single digits in a very close game

yessir. He will be back for game 4 w/o them damn mistakes. they only lost by 4 points and Orlando shot lights out.

If howard can get 20 & 20 wit 6 blocks, alston, hedo, lewis score 15+ a peace then have pietrus come off tha bench wit 18& play good defense the rest of the way...
tired.gif
pimp.gif

CHAMPIONSHIP...

Kobe was the only laker who played from beginning to end, errbody else....
45cf3fb094b87f3930267a5c1ea17caf.gif

Well all I gotta say is damn, Magic couldn't miss in the 1st half.

Didn't expect the Lakers to take this one but darn that they almost had the game.

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

If howard can get 20 & 20 wit 6 blocks, alston, hedo, lewis score 15+ a peace then have pietrus come off tha bench wit 18 & play good defense the rest of the way...
tired.gif
pimp.gif

CHAMPIONSHIP...

Kobe was the only laker who played from beginning to end, errbody else....
45cf3fb094b87f3930267a5c1ea17caf.gif
laugh.gif

Kobe played from beginning to end?

laugh.gif

If you think the Magic will shoot 62% again...

laugh.gif

Everytime you post....

laugh.gif

Skip actually made some shots.
pimp.gif

How long will that hold up tho?

laugh.gif
on 1st and 10, Andre Iguodala said that $**+% Skip had on a fake Lacoste Shirt
He said "Maybe he got GOT"
laugh.gif

A tad higher FT % for Lakers (kobe) = win. Cant win em all but we can sure win overall. I expect a lot of anger coming from the Lakers in game 4. It wouldntbe the 1st time a series is ties 2-2 if the Lakers lose tho.

ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821:
Funny but without the missed oop at the end of game 2 the Magic are up 2-1!!!.......who's got Skips spin move from last night???
That was nice. Spin move to get into the lane, nice little layup over Pau's or Bynum's (can't remember who) outstretched arms.Definitely looked nice.

laugh.gif
@ Skip needing two games to warm up. ...it's true.

Honestly, it's more can Dwight continue to get going, as he makes everything easier for everybody else, ie, Turk and Shard.

Anything out of Skip is like bonus points.

Back
Top Bottom